Status: completed.

His Name Is Kirby Jones

six;

Waking up that Monday morning was hard, but it had to be done. Zoey dragged herself out of bed, and crawled into the shower to wake her body up.
Settling on an outfit for the day, she dried her head and let it fall it into it’s natural, messy curls. Unbothered to do anything with it, she placed a dark grey beanie on top, and slipped a necklace and ring on too. Slipping some black flats, she grabbed her bag and went downstairs to get started on breakfast.

Zoey had been getting up an hour before her brother’s on school days ever since she could remember. She always felt the need too. She got out bowls, cereal and milk and set up cups of coffee and it then began, the Titian morning routine.

Arriving at school with Jonah driving this time, they didn’t speak, still a bit awkward from the night at the party.

“Have a good day kiddo” Jonah mumbled, as he locked up the door and sauntered over to his group of friends, two of which gave him man hugs and the other lit up a cigarette and passed it too him.

Rolling her eyes, Zoey made her way into school and saw Elena by her locker, which just so happened to be by her own.

“Morning poppet”” Elena chirped a faux, bad English accent.

“Morning” Zoey yawned in reply, and gave her a one-armed hug.

“Sleep alright?” Elena asked worriedly, noticing how dark Zoey’s eyes underneath were looking.

“Yeah, just busy weekend…” she teased, and Elena smirked.

“I’ve heard Ronnie added you one Facebook?” she sang chirpily, winking. Zoey had already told her this, yesterday when Ronnie had in fact sent her a friend request.

“Yeah so? We’re just friends…”

“You made out…”

“One time thing.” Zoey assured her. Satisfied, Elena nodded and closed her locker.

“So, seen Kirby yet? He’s the whole new rave this morning…” Elena said, linking arms with Zoey as they made their way to homeroom.

“Nope, he’ll be fine…he’s a big boy.” Zoey said nonchalantly. Elena smirked.

“That’s one of the rumours at the party…” she joked, and Zoey grimaced at the mental image, and hit Elena playfully.

“You’re wrong” she warned and they giggled childishly, as Zack came into view, giving them both a spectacle look.

“Should I ask?” he wondered, and he too was wearing a grey beanie hat, and was drinking a cup of coffee.

“Nope, but you can give me that” Elena said, and took the Styrofoam cup from his hands. She sipped it and made an appreciative sound.

“Thanks Zackary” she said brightly, and went into homeroom, which all three of the teens had. The door closed behind Elena.

Zack rolled his eyes and looked at Zoey. “Why do I let her do that?” he whined, as he opened the door for Zoey. She thanked him and looked at him knowingly.

“You love her” she said, and Zack then somehow managed to trip over air, shocked by the news. Some girl glared as he bumped into her table, while some of the obnoxious jocks sniggered.

“Love?” Zack hissed, and Zoey giggled and patted his shoulder.

“When you realise, come find me buddy” she whispered, and took her seat by Elena who was texting, and smiled to herself.

“Alright class settle down!” the teacher ordered as he walked in.
Just as everyone was finding their usual seats, the teacher piped up again.

“And I have wonderful news for you all…” he drawled sarcastically, and just at that moment, the door opened, and in walked the one and only Kirby Jones.

He looked…beautiful.

That’s the word to use, or so Zoey thought and apparently the whole female ratio of the class thought so too, as murmurs and not so discreet whispers instantly rose, filled with excitement.

He was just one of those people, that made your stomach flutter and you dream of them, that type of person, his usual curly hair seemed more tamed, his stubble seemed the same as that Saturday night, and he wearing black skinny jeans, along with a white V-neck t-shirt, along with a shot sleeved red and black plaid shirt over the top. His tattoo flashed as Kirby scratched his cheek, and Zoey now noticed a little cluster of black leather bracelets. One thing for sure, was that Kirby Jones knew how to dress to impress.

“Here it is…class meet our new student, a Mr Kirby Jones” the teacher announced, slightly unsure about the name, and glanced between Kirby and the class, who seemed riled up still due to his arrival. Even the guys had comments to make, as Kirby gave a smirk, almost making one girl faint.

“Kirby, would you like to introduce yourself?” the teacher offered, and Zoey watched as Kirby’s smirk widened.

“I think you just did that…” he said cheekily, and the girls seemed to almost squeal, the thought of a gorgeous bad-boy was about to send them into cardiac arrest.

Mr Fallows didn’t particularly know what to do, so clearly mumbled for Kirby to go take a seat.

Kirby glanced around, seeing one or two free seats. He then spotted Zoey and smiled a small but genuine smile. The rest of the class, particular the cheerleaders looked directly at her, and narrowed their eyes, displeased the fact that Zoey seemed to know this beautiful man beforehand.

Kirby was about to make his way over, when the one and only, bitch of the year Vera Johnson, stood up and blocked his view, and began to talk to him animatedly.

Vera Johnson, yes named after Vera Wang was a Daddy’s Little Princess, through and through, mainly because her Daddy was a millionaire and her mother use to model, you guessed it Vera Wang. Vera thought she was everything, and when she came from middle school, her popularity soared due to the fact she was actually a pretty girl, and because she had money, and had parties on a regular basis, none of which Zoey had been invited too.

But despite the money, the parties and the popularity, Vera Johnson was one thing and one thing only: a fucking bitch.

Elena glared in Vera’s direction and looked at Zoey for backup, instead Zoey shrugged and looked at Zack, who was glaring at Elena, actually, he was glaring at the coffee in her hand.

“Get over it!” Elena hissed, when she noticed the glare. Zack, being stubborn, shook his head, and this caused Zoey to giggle.
--

The first couple of periods went by quickly and there was no sign of Kirby Jones. Zoey thought better of it, and when lunch finally arrived, she had actually had enough hearing about him.

“What you got today cupcake?” Elena asked, seeing Zoey take a sandwich out her lunch bag. Zoey glanced at her sandwich and her best friend’s desperate face.

“Did you forget your lunch?” Zoey asked, and Elena nodded shamefully. Sighing, Zoey opened the sandwich, which was peanut butter, and handed one neatly cut half to Elena, who grinned like a madman.

“You’re star!” she announced happily, biting greedily into the peanut butter goodness.

Zoey merely grumbled, and ate her half of the sandwich.

“Sup losers” Zack cheered, as he came into view with his meal. He sat down beside Elena,
so now he and Elena were facing Zoey.

“Forget your lunch again?” Zack said knowingly, as he saw Zoey’s disgruntled face. Elena mumbled with her mouthful a cross between an apology and a swearword, but Zack wasn’t sure one what was said.

“Here” he said, and handed Elena his plate of fries. Elena squealed and hugged Zack tightly, and he grinned, almost dreamily.

“Hi” a voice came from behind Zoey, and she turned around and smiled instantly, seeing Kirby standing there, with a shy smile.

“Sup” Zack said in the guy way, nodding his head, in which Kirby did the same.

“Hey” Elena said brightly, and continued to demolish the fries.

“Mind if I seat with you, that Vera girl keeps following me…” Kirby said nervously. Zoey smirked, as did Elena and Zack gave him a look of sympathy.

“Sure, pull up a seat…” Zoey said nonchalantly, and Elena grinned from ear-to-ear, almost shaking with excitement.

Kirby took a seat beside Zoey, and placed his own tray of food down, he too had fries and a
burger, like Zack.

“So Kirby….what a name” Zack commented, and Kirby smirked, and nodded.

“Yep, my Mum must have been high right?”

“Well I wasn’t going to imply” Zack teased, the two boys laughed in unison. Elena seemed to be either having a twitch or sending Zoey a message by eyebrow, as she looked at Zoey, who looked completely at ease with Kirby’s company.

Zoey glared at Elena, silently warning her to stop being so obvious, and continued to eat.
After five minutes of small talk, mainly from Elena, Zoey was playing on her phone and it bleeped to alert her.

“Who’s it from?” Elena asked, helping herself to Zoey’s chips. Zoey shrugged, and opened it and smiled slightly:

Sup pretty girl, what you doing? – Ronnie

Nothing much just at school…you? – Zoey

Ah I remember that old thing, how’s it going for you? – Ronnie

Haha you’re old, good thanks, what you up too? – Zoey

I’m like Peter Pan though, I never grow up! I’m at work, snooze fest! :( - Ronnie

I love that film! And aw, I have no sympathy- Zoey

Me too! I use to have a crush on Wendy and you’re so mean! Cruel person! – Ronnie

You loser! It’s Peter for the win! And yeah, so? – Zoey


“Okay, that’s it! Who are you texting!?” Zack said abruptly, and caused all three pairs of eyes to be turned to her.

“Umm…” Zoey said unsure, and Elena just took the liberty of snatching Zoey’s phone and read the entire conversation.

“Ooh, Zoey’s texting Ronnie!” Elena teased, and waggled her flexible eyebrows at Zoey.

Zack frowned slightly, whereas Kirby just merely looked interested.

“Ronnie, the party guy?” Kirby asked unsure, and Zack nodded in confirmation.

“Why you texting him?” Zack asked curiously.

“You know, I’m allowed friends.” Zoey said huffily. Elena rolled her eyes, which she seemed to adopt from the Titian family and passed the phone bag, where Zoey saw Ronnie had replied.

That hurt me deep babe </3 – Ronnie

Get over it Gink ;) – Zoey

Bitch, talk later? – Ronnie

Maybe, if I’m free ;) – Zoey

You better be, or else! – Ronnie

Or else what? – Zoey

I’ll hug you to death – Ronnie

Oh, the worst way to go :’( - Zoey

You bet, bye pretty girl xx – Ronnie

Bye xx- Zoey


“Are you quite finished?” Elena joked, and Zoey mumbled a swift ‘Fuck off’ and continued her lunch.

“So Kirby, how are you liking school so far?” Zack asked, as he sipped his drink.
Kirby shrugged. “Not sure yet, but the people seem nice” Kirby said casually, and Zoey couldn’t help notice that he looked in her direction as he said that. But that could have just been paranoia.
--

“Sup home skillet!” Jonah joked, as Zoey got in the car.

“Sup Sea biscuit!” she teased back, and Jonah scoffed and mumbled a ‘Shit comeback’.

“How was school?” Jonah asked as he reversed out the parking space and left the gates of Heathway High.

“Moderate, you?” Zoey piped up.

“Same, heard about the new Junior…” Jonah asked curiously.

“Kirby Jones?” Zoey said, pushing down the fluttery feeling in her stomach. Jonah gave an suspicious look and nodded.

“Kirby…what kind of name is that?” Jonah laughed, and Zoey found herself frowning slightly.

‘A cool one’ she thought, and they remained silent as Jonah indicated right.

“We are swinging by the middle school to pick Kenny up?” Jonah asked, and Zoey nodded, prepared for Trevor, who was apparently bullying her baby brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I've got like anothet two, possibly three chapters pre-written...
and I promise more Kirby will come soon, if that's what you people want but I wouldn't know...haha...that was my not-so-subtle hint. If I could get some comments, I'd appreciate it :D If not, that's cool too :)

If you do like this story, let me know...if you don't, let me know. Critisim is welcome :)
Okay, enough babbling, hope you like it :)