Unexpected

Birthday Fun!

Image

It was a week into school, I was still in summer mode, and I know it wouldn’t wear off this mode until Halloween, after Halloween I knew I was in jail. That’s right another teenager who hates school and would gladly live in summer forever. Today was my birthday, excluding my family, my good friend Cassie and dear Lee himself I was merely forgotten about. But at least it wasn’t an important age, I would live.

I saw my close friend Diane; ah finally I need to find the reason why she forgot my birthday; I remembered hers and got her a really amazing present. ‘’Hey Diane, I heard a certain someone is aging up today’’ I said carelessly.

‘’Oh shit, I’m sorry. I’m hanging out with Edward tomorrow and I’m just so excited for it’’ Diane said. I rolled my eyes. ‘’Boys, I will never work myself over one’’ I told her. I wasn’t boy crazy. For me, I stick to obsessing over bands I love and the men in them, they are something. So basically unrealistic is what I tend to like and I consider myself realistic.

‘’Diane, it won’t work out, firstly he has a controlling girlfriend and he adores her from the stories you tell me. You talk about him nonstop, he might need to file a restraining order ‘’ I suggested. ‘’Don’t be a pessimist Fiona, anyway happy birthday’’ smiled Diane. ‘’I’m not a pessimist’’ I complained. ‘’Ugh I hate getting older, it’s not like I gain knowledge and I’m still going to be mistaken for a twelve year old’’ I whined.

‘’Anyway while you’re being all depressing, I am going to study for German, or I’ll fail’’ she told her, she gave me a pat on the back and a nod. I smiled in a strained fashion as she walked away. I decided I’d walk around by myself until I saw my friend Kate.

‘’Kate, hi, hello’’ I said randomly. ‘’Fiona, hey’’ she said with a grin. We weren’t extremely close but we had some good conversations. ‘’It is my birthday today, I’m fifteen, I’m old’’ I said dramatically. ‘’You’re fifteen, not fifty’’ said Kate. ‘’I’m half way to thirty’’ I said ‘’…it’s mad’’

We continued our great big conversation.

‘’You remind of this boy I know’’ admitted Kate. ‘’Do I? ‘’ I asked randomly looking around. ‘’Yeah, you both act similar and have the same music taste’’ she said. ‘’Aw I was hoping he looked like me, one I have always wanted to know what I’d look like as a boy, two I’ve always felt that I had a long lost brother’’ I said keeping a straight face, it was hard work though Since I laugh too much or too little. I’m just not the usual person when it comes to laughing.

‘’Fiona, you are great and all but at times you scare me’’ admitted Kate taking a step back. ‘’That was my plan’’ I said still doing a good job keeping a straight face, of course I had failed and started laughing. ‘’I don’t find that funny Fiona, I really don’t’’ Kate admitted, now taking yet another step back. She had failed though and managed to trip and fall.

‘’Oh crap, are you okay? I am so sorry’’ I stopped laughing and Kate had started, it was my turn to be freaked out, this was an odd birthday.

‘’Now you’re freaking out’’ she laughed. ‘’Well you just fell and now you’re laughing but it’s hilarious though and I should find it amusing ‘’ I said sarcastically.

She rose from the ground with no help needed. ‘’Well you weren’t funny’’ she said. ‘’I was, I should be a comedian. Anyway we need to go different ways, probably will never see you again since it’s maths and it will finally kill me today’’ I said nonchalantly.

‘’ Just maths, Fiona’’ said Kate rolling her eyes.

‘’Bye Kate’’ I told her, rolling my eyes back at her. She was the maths genius so she wouldn’t understand how much I fail at the subject.

I walked inside and I ran knowing I was indeed late and I knew the excuse it’s my birthday would not get me out of any trouble. And sadly it was actually my birthday.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am already posting chapter two because I am really getting into this story.

Thank you to Lady Oeuf for being the first to comment, you are amazing. :)

Please don't be a silent reader, comments with constructive criticism are welcome and subscribers are loved. :D