Status: in progress :)

Maybe Friendships Do Last Forever

The Smile

I stared at the note, not saying a word, afraid to look over and see who threw, even though I already had three good guesses.

My concentration didn’t break until I heard “And what Mr.Weasley is so very funny.” I turned to look and saw George and Lissa looking up at Professor Snape.

“Do you really want to hear this Professor?” George asked, smirking slightly as Snape stared at him with a blank expression. “Go on and tell him then Lissy.”

Lissa only let me, Fred, and George call her Lissy, we made it up when we were 6. Well now, I guess she only lets Fred and George call her that.

Lissa sighed and said “I don‘t know a thing about Merlin‘s pants, but I‘d love to get into yours.” the whole class started laughing, including Adriana and me.

“Detention.” Professor Snape said as he got back to the front of the room. I heard George and Lissa groan a couldn’t help but feel a bit sad for them.

What Lissa said might have been a joke to everyone else, but I knew for a fact that the last time I talked to her she liked George very much. She might have changed her feelings now, but I know that George liked her back, that is TWO YEARS AGO George liked her back.

Once class was over I realized that I had left the note sitting out on my desk the whole time. Hopefully Professor Snape didn’t see it. He had a strict no note policy.

“Miss Young.” Professor Snape said, causing me to jump a bit and turn around. “I noticed something sitting on your desk earlier. I‘m guessing it was a not, was it not.”

After I said nothing he continued “Considering my policy, detention tonight,”

~later that night~

“Rena!” my eyes shot open and I looked around.
“Don‘t you have detention?” Adriana asked, standing over my bed.
“OH CRAP! Yes I do!” I got up and started to run. “Thanks!” I shouted as I left the common room.

I got to the classroom and saw Professor Snape waiting outside for me.

“Ahh Rena, how nice of you to make it.” he said looking at me.
“I‘m terribly sorry Professor. I feel asleep.”
“Don‘t fret Miss Young, you are only 10 minutes late, but don‘t let it happen again. I‘d like you to clean the cauldrons.”
“Sure Professor.” he nodded at me and walked away.

I sighed and opened the door to the classroom, only to see George and Lissa quickly pull away from each other. I just stood awkwardly in the doorway looking at them.

“Hey.” Lissa said with a shocked face. Believe me I wasn’t expecting to see them. Usually Professor Snape separates everyone and gives them separate tasks.

“Ummm…….hi…did I interrupt…….sorry” I told them everything I was thinking at once.

“You didn‘t interrupt anything.” Lissa said, quickly glancing at George.
“So um, are you two, you know, together?” I asked, secretly hoping that they would say yes. I still love them and they deserve to be happy.

“No.” Lissa said as she and George walked up to me.

“Oh.” it was really awkward now.

George and Lissa looked at each other and then said in unison “We missed you so much.” They pulled me in for a hug and I was even more shocked then before. I thought they didn’t like me at all anymore. I returned the hug and felt at home, there was only one person missing.

When we pulled away all three of us were smiling a little. “You guys don‘t hate me?”

“No.” Fred said confused.

“Why would you think that?” asked Lissa.

“Well, I‘m in Slytherin.”

“Just because you are in Slytherin doesn‘t mean we hate you. Every day we talk and think about how we wish you were with us. How we wish we could have fun like we used to. How we still and always will love you.” Lissa smiled even bigger “Slytherin or not you are still our best friend.”

“I agree.” George stated.

“Thanks guys. That really means a lot.” I told them smiling the biggest I have since the sorting ceremony two years ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Happieness. :P

Comment; tell us what you think!