Status: in progress :)

Maybe Friendships Do Last Forever

The Map

We had finally gotten her back, after two long years, Rena was finally back with us. But it would be hard, her being a Slytherin and everything. We wouldn’t be able to hang out like old times, or really be seen together for that matter; for her sake. She would get ripped apart by those snakes if they ever found out we were friends, and we didn’t want to do that to her.

George and I were heading back to our common room after we had talked things over with her, me being on his back once more. We got inside, and found Fred waiting up for us, along with Lee Jordan who was talking Quidditch with him.

“Hey Freddie, we have something to talk about.” I said, dropping off of George to go and sit by him.

“I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” Lee said, standing up and heading off to his dorm room.

“Goodnight Lee.” The three of us called in unison.

“So what do we need to talk about?” Fred asked, turning to face me just as George sat down on top of me, making me shove him off so that he wasn’t in my way of talking to Fred.

“Rena.” I said simple, and I could see his interest peek up suddenly.

“What about her?”

“She misses us just as much as we miss her, but was worried we hated her because of her house.” George explained. “She apparently had detention with us tonight, which neither of us knew-”I coughed a bit awkwardly, “-and we ended up talking.”

“So how are we going to make this work?”

“I was thinking we could use Potions class as an excuse for us to even just talk for now, and then we can find sneakier ways as the year goes on.” I said, being to one who comes up
with the good ideas in our group. “Do you still have the map?”

“Of course we still have the map.” The twins said together, and Fred got up to go look for it.

“Why do you want the map?” George asked, putting an arm casually around my shoulders.

“I just… I want to be able to check up on her and see where she is and stuff.” I said as I shrugged, leaning so that my head was on his shoulder.

Fred came back, tossing the piece of blank parchment paper at me.

“I’m off to bed you love birds.” He said, making us shift apart. “Don’t be long Georgie or McGonagall will have our skin.”

With that he walked back up the stairs, leaving us the only two in the room.

“Why does everyone think we like each other?” George asked, me standing up as he did so.

“Maybe cause we do.” I said, leaning down and pressing my lips to his quickly before rushing up the stairs to my own dorm blushing, parchment in hand.

I changed into some pajamas quickly, before crawling into bed, the other girls in the room already asleep.

“I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.” I mumbled, tapping my wand against the parchment before setting my wand on the side table.

First thing I opened up to look for showed me George walking up the stairs to the boy’s rooms. Smiling, I flipped through the many folds until I came to the Slytherin common room, which was empty apart from Draco Malfoy and his two goons. Rolling my eyes, I flipped some more until I came to the third year girl’s dorms.

Rena was still, meaning she must be in bed already.

I sighed, picking up my wand once more.

“Mischief managed.” I mumbled, making the ink slowly disappear as I tucked the parchment under my pillow for safe keeping.
♠ ♠ ♠
ASDFGH.
Hi.
Comment please?