Status: in progress :)

Maybe Friendships Do Last Forever

The Pairing

“Will you get off of me?” I asked Adriana when I woke up and saw her sitting on me.
“Will you get out of bed after I get off you?”
“I suppose.” I sighed.
“Okay!” she hopped off.

“So are you excited for potions class?” Adriana asked as I was making my scarf.
“Yes.” I really was. Hopefully something good will come out of it.

~potions~

I took my seat next Adriana and turned to face her “So are you ever going to talk to Jeremy?” he was a guy that she had been crushing on since the middle of second year. I’ve never really met him, but he seemed nice.
“I don‘t know, maybe.” she gave me the same answer that I’d been getting forever.

“Well I think you should.”
“But……he……I……” she couldn’t think of anything to say.
“If you talk to him by the end of the month I‘ll stop bugging you about it.”
“Promise.” she looked me in the eye.
“Yes.”

I smiled and then remembered the purpose of this class. To get my friends back. I looked over my shoulder and saw Lissa and George looking out of the corner of their eyes at me. George looked down to his desk and looked back up at me. I looked down and saw that he was pointing forward. I looked in the direction and saw Fred smiling at me. I returned it and then Adriana hit my shoulder. I looked at her and she pointed to the front of the class.

Professor Snape was staring at me suspiciously, but then began to look over the class “Today will be doing an assignment with partners. I will pick your partners out of this hat.” Snape held up an old blue hat that was about half the size of the sorting hat “Since there is an odd number of children from each house the last Gryffindor and Slytherin with be partners. Other than those two, you will be with someone from your house.”

“Does anyone have any questions?” Snape asked “No. good.” he said before giving anyone a chance to speak.

“The first partners from Slytherin are………………….Miss Adriana and…………..Jeremy.” Snape pulled out two sheets of paper from the hat. Jeremy turned around and smiled at Adriana, she retuned it and then turned to me. ‘OH MY GOD’ she mouthed. ‘I KNOW’ I replied. We shared an excited smile then turned back to Professor Snape.

He named a few more pairs and then pulled out a name then sparked my interest “Weasley and………………Lissa. Great.”
“Which one of us Professor?” asked Fred.
Snape looked at the paper and then at George “You.”
“Awesome.” George and Lissa exchanged a high five.

Snape paired up a bunch more people, but I never heard my name. Or Fred’s, but I wasn’t paying that much attention so maybe his name was called.

“Now for the Slytherin and Gryffindor pair.” Snape pulled out two papers “Other Weasley and Rena.” threw me a small smile and then went back to his usual expression.

I gave Adriana and high five then look at Fred.

His smile was even bigger then before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry the update took so long.
I've been in a bit of a rut lately and I'm re-writing a story of mine.

Hope you enjoyed.

Rate.Comment.Subscribe. :)