What If We Didn't Know

Chapter Four

"You're what?" Frank asked, eyebrow raised sceptically.

"Um, together?" I repeated, smiling softly as Gerard squeezed my hand in his.

Frank sighed. "Okay, well you crazy kids better control yourselves around me. I will not take this stupid gift of skittles as an apology for having to endure your make out sessions."

"Stupid?" Gerard asked. "Skittles are your favourite; how is that a stupid gift?"

"Stupid on your part," Frank laughed. "I'm going to eat these all right before we take another road trip and drive you crazy the whole time."

"Oh dear God," Gerard groaned, burying his face in his hands. "Mikey, what have we done?"

"We?" I giggled. "Oh baby, you brought this all on yourself. I'm just here for the show."

Gerard frowned and poked me in the side. "You're such a mean boyfriend."

"Yeah well you brought that on yourself too by agreeing to be my boyfriend," I grinned as I pecked his cheek. "You have no one to blame but yourself."

Gerard tackled me down against the couch suddenly, tickling me viciously. I shrieked with laughter and pleaded with Frank to help me, but he just smirked and shook his head. "You brought that upon yourself, Mikey," He parroted me from before, causing me to shoot him the bird before Gerard distracted me with his tickling fingers once more.

**

"Fuckin'... Frank, get the fuck off me," Gerard grumbled, shoving the shorter boy off of him. Frank looked up, blinking. He'd just woken up.

"Where am I?" Frank asked, glancing over to me. I was sitting with my back against the wall, and I shook my head, telling him that I didn't know.

"We all got trashed last night," Gerard answered after a minute, sitting up and crawling over to me. I automatically tucked him under my arm and he cuddled into my side. "I think someone locked us into the shed behind Ray's house."

"Well how the fuck are we supposed to get out of here?" I rasped, my throat scratchy from the outrageous amount of alcohol I'd consumed the night before.

"Don't worry you pretty little head about it," Gerard chuckled, "I'll take care of it."

Frank jumped up, pulling a mostly eaten package of skittles out of his pocket. Gerard and I both saw it and screamed "NO!" when he reached into the pack.

He glared at us and reluctantly withdrew his hand. "Fine," he muttered grumpily. "I see how it's gonna be."

Gerard and I laughed at him, then we got up to try and figure out how in hell to get ourselves out of this mess. I looked around for a tool of some sort to help us, and Gerard just started kicking at the door.

I watched him for a moment, admiring the way his muscles rippled as he moved. We'd been together for almost a year now, so I figured it wasn't too soon to say what I was thinking. I snuck up behind him as he was about to kick it again, wrapped my arms around his waist, and whispered in his ear, "If you get us out of here, I will make love with you all night."

Five seconds later he'd smashed through the door.

**

I opened my eyes to find a crack of sunlight shining right in my face. I blinked irritably and closed my eyes, but it shone through my eyelids. I turned my face away to find it pressed against a marble expanse of bare chest. I smiled shyly, remembering what Gerard and I had done for the very first time the night before.

He shifted next to me, mumbling sleepily. I looked up at his face and found one of his eyes cracked open. "Morning," I whispered, cheeks pinking slightly.

"Hi," He murmured, also blushing.

"How're you feeling?" I asked, reaching out and smoothing his hair back from his face.

"I'm alright," He smirked, scooting forward to plant a kiss on my forehead. "How about you?"

"Never better," I answered, closing my eyes and pressing my face into his shoulder. We lay quietly for a few minutes, content just absorbing the other's presence, before I breathed, "I want to spend every night with you."

He sighed, pulling me even closer. "Me too."

**

"Gerard, my arms are about to fall off," I yelled, clenching my eyes shut and bracing myself.

"Hold on, baby, I'm coming!" He called from up the stairs, and in a few seconds, I felt the immense pressure on my poor arms alleviate. I opened my eyes to see Gerard, bright-eyed and grinning, holding the other end of the couch that I'd been balancing painstakingly against the stairs while he made sure his art supplies were off the living room floor so we could put the sofa down.

"Took you long enough," I huffed as we began to haul the couch up the last few stairs and through the front door of our new apartment.

"I'm sorry, honey," Gerard cooed, dropping the couch in its place and jumping over it to plant a wet kiss on my nose.

I sighed, wishing he wasn't so damn cute. "Alright, I forgive you," I mumbled, and he cheered before pulling me down into the sofa cushions.

"Well, here we are. Our first home together," Gerard announced proudly, and I grinned in spite of myself.

"Do you regret it yet?" I joked, poking him in the side.

He laughed. "Only if you break my coffeemaker or something."

"Break a coffee maker?" I gasped mockingly. "I would never!"

He chuckled. "It's good to be home."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know you're reading this. I can see the little number that tells me this story has readers and even subscribers. So you! Yeah, you! Leave a comment! Give an opinion! Anything to let me know whether I should continue to post this story. I could just keep it all to myself, you know. And things are just about to get good >:)