Que Sera, Sera

Chapter One

I'm Lilly. That one girl that you mistake for an underdog when really, I'd like to kick your ass. I'm a dreamer. That's for sure. Seventeen and on my own. I got to West Lake High in South Dakota.

Well, there's this guy named Cody I've had my eye on for a while. He's a really chill...hippie like person. I also heard a few rumors. Like how he's crazy and he ran his own cat over with his car. I even heard he tried to stab one of the janitors. A few people told me he has disorders. I don't believe any of that bullshit. Would you? Every single time there's that one kid that everyone talks about, and he turns out to be stellar as hell. He really does.

----------
I awake to the sound of my alarm clock and the song "Brick by Boring Brick" by Paramore bursting out of the speakers. i immediately jump up and start dancing and humming the song. I got into the bathroom, grab a toothbrush, and some Jack Danielle's. We're doing this shit Kesha style. I wash my face and straighten my hair a little. I head straight to my closet and pull out some skinny jeans, my grey and red Bon Iver shirt. I grab my black converse and my messenger bag and I'm ready to go.

Before I hit the door, I've got my ipod and my skateboard on demand. "Bye Sweety!" My mom told me. "Peace out, ma." I responded taking a bite of my apple. Off to school I go!

---------

I get there and say hi to a few of the "shy kids". I'm not a skater girl. I guess skating is just my favorite way to get around. I pull my nerdy glasses from my locker. Not those 3-D lenses (hate them). I actually own a legit pair.

I see Cody grabbing his books from the locker next to me. I stare in awe as he sings "Remembering Sunday" by All Time Low. As I get sucked into the sound of his voice, I hear someone call. "Is there something I can do for you?" He asked. "Huh?" I raised an eyebrow. "You were eyeing me quite intensively." He responded. "Oh. I'm sorry. Your singing is....." I couldn't find the right words to say.

"What's you name?" He asked me. "Lilly Anne James." I responded. He smiled. "I'm Co-" I stopped it. "Cody Christofer Sheaner. I know who you are." I told him. He chuckled at me lightly. "So, miss lady, what's your excuse for talking to me? Are you trying to win a bet?" He said seriously. "No. I just find you amazing." I told him. "Me? amazing? Come on. Tell me you've heard those rumors!" He said. "I have. But. I don't believe any of them." I said. I looked into his eyes and took at long breath.

"Well, Lilly Anne James, I want to know you." When these words escaped his lips, I smiled. Then, Anna-Grace pulled me away. His smile immediately broke and he hurried to class. "Why were you talking to..."psycho"?"She asked. "Just fucking lay off." I told her. She looked mortified at this phrase. "Something's up." she said. "Just drop it. If you don't, I'll pound you ass." I told her. My voice was soft, so it didn't sound as threatening. She snorted. We started walking to class. "You?Pound me? Yeah." She laugh. I stopped walking and pushed her against the locker as rough as I could. "Believe me now?" I asked. "Hell to the yes!" She responded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope ya likey.