‹ Prequel: A Heart Like That
Status: Coming Soon

Take This To Heart

When you gonna realize it was just that the time was wrong, Juliet?

Juliet

I rolled out of my bunk, getting ready for nice day of break. I thought I might make waffles or something for the guys. It had been so stressful lately.

“Good morning!” Someone said chirply behind me as I got out the waffle maker. I turned and smiled at Annie, who was wearing booty shorts and a see-through bra, practically screaming that her and Jack fucked last night. Not like I wasn’t already aware.

I pushed a smile across my face. “Morning, Annie. Good sleep?”

She nodded and sat down on the couch. “Great! Are you making waffles?”

“Yeah, I figure the guys are super stressed-”

“Can I help? Once, I was on the Martha Stewart Show and we made pancakes together and they were delicious.”

I eyed her. “You were on the Martha Stewart Show?”

“Well yeah silly,” Annie laughed, “I had to promote the new season of my show.”

“Your show?”

Annie nodded. “Yeah, my reality show!”

I nearly spit out the milk I had just sipped. How had I not realized it before? This was that playboy bunny from the reality show! And she was dating Jack. A huge smile spread across my face as the inside of me burst into laughter. This was almost too good to be true.

“Oh my!” I laughed, hitting myself in the head and rolling my eyes. “Silly me! I nearly forgot.”

“No worries, I don’t really like the attention.”

Yeah right. I thought, but kept a straight face as I pressed down the waffles.

Annie must have noticed my discomfort. “So um, what is the plan for today?”

I shrugged. “Nothing really, just relaxing. The guys are super tired and I’m sure they could use a day off-”

“Wait, aren’t we in Orlando?”

After thinking for a second, I nodded.

Annie clapped her hands together quickly. “Well we should go Disney World! One of my girlfriends works there and I’m sure she could get us passes. It could just be you, me, Alex, and Jack! Like a double date!”

“Annie,” I smiled again, taking her into a hug, “You have the best ideas! Alex and Jack are going to love that.”

“What am I going to love?”

I smiled as Alex walked into the room, taking a waffle off the plate I had just finished. I hugged him from the side and he looked startled for a second before he kissed me on the forehead and pulled me closer. God, we made this look so real.

“Well babe, Annie thought it might be a good idea to go to Disney World today.”

Alex looked down at me and nodded. “That sounds awesome, hun.”

Annie clapped her hands again. “This is going to be so fun! A double date?”

“A double date!” Alex clapped along with her, rolling his eyes as she looked away and kissing me on the head.

I pushed him off laughing and walked over to my bunk, grabbing my suitcase and pulling out some clothes for the day. I felt a tug on my shirt and turned to see a very happy Flyzik.

“Did someone say Disney World?”

I rolled my eyes and nodded. “I believe you did.”

“Magic Kingdom?”

I laughed and nodded, sitting down on the floor of the bus and leaning against Flyzik’s bunk. “Your love of Mickey Mouse is only slightly creepy.”

“But we are going to Magic Kingdom right?”

“Just so Mickey can molest you.”

Flyzik turned over in his bunk so I all I could hear was a muffled, “Yeeees.”

***********************


The “why the fuck am I here” look on Jack’s face made me so happy about today’s situation.

Alex held my hand as we walked through the crowds as Jack and Annie made out every few two steps. You’d think Jack wouldn’t have such a death-look with a girl like that. It was what he always wanted.

Suddenly I felt Alex’s hot breath in my ear and kiss on my cheek as his hand found my side and he wrapped me in a hug, making me squirm and laugh. He picked me up and carried me through the crowd for a bit and I settled my head in the crook of his neck so I didn’t have to watch Annie and Jack.

“Thanks.” I whispered.

Alex let out a short laugh. “You’re so fat.”

I hit his shoulder. “And you’re weak.”

“I wouldn’t be if you lost a few pounds!”

I laughed and grabbed his stomach, shaking my head. “Maybe we can work out together sometime chubs.”

Alex laughed and put me down, running at my sides and laughing as he picked me up and kissed my cheek again. I held onto his arm tightly, laughing into him and shaking my head.

“I’m joking, Jules,” Alex said. “You’re not fat.”

“Eh, you are fat.”

He shrugged. “At least I weigh less than Annie’s boobs over there.”

I burst into laughter and turned to look at them. Annie was hanging off of Jack, her boobs practically bursting out of her pink tank top. Jack’s eyes were on the crowd, a soft smile on his face but his eyes told a different story. He looked like he was thinking. I felt bad for a moment. Maybe Alex and I were doing too much.

But until Alex had brought up Annie’s boobs, I had completely forgotten about them. The moment had just been a moment between me and my best friend. And I was fine with that. I was more than fine with that.

“Dumbo!” I said, pointing to the Dumbo ride in the distance and looking up at Alex. He nodded as I pulled his ray bans off his face and put them on mine before taking off to the ride.

Alex followed close in toe until he got to the line and he quickly picked me up and took them back.

“Look, now you’ve worked out today.”

Alex laughed and shook his head. “Bitch.”

I leaned onto his chest and was totally content with losing Annie and Jack when I heard the clicking of her flip flops.

“You guys keep running away!” Annie laughed, standing next to us in line. “This is my favorite ride.”

Alex kissed my cheek and nodded. “Be careful Ann, Jack gets a bit queasy on spinny rides.”

“Fuck you,” Jack laughed, “I do not!”

I nodded. “He does. You might want to sit faaar way.”

Annie laughed nervously and inched a bit away from him, making me laugh. Alex rubbed my back, making me close my eyes and lean closer to him.

“That feels good.” I said, wrapping my arms across his stomach.

Alex kissed the top of my head and rested his head on mine.

“Will you two get married already?” Annie exclaimed, “Jack, how do you deal with them being adorable all the time?”

Jack laughed and his eyes bulged. “Oh, it doesn’t really bother me. They are always like this.”

Before I could respond with some sassy comment that demeaned him, we were ushered onto the ride. Annie walked ahead of Jack, enough so that she couldn’t hear him.

“He loves you.” Jack whispered in my ear. “You gotta stop it.”

I turned and gave him a face. “Wh-”

Before I could finish, Alex’s hand was on my hip and he was leading me onto a Dumbo car. Annie and Jack were kissing in the car in front of us as I tried to process what Jack was saying.

He could have been lying, trying to get a rise out of me. But there was something about the way Alex’s eyes burned into my skin that made me think it was true. There was something in me that believed him.

There was something in me that wanted it to be true.

“Jules, you ok?”

I turned to face him and nodded as I saw him a new way.

“Wait,” I whispered as I brought my face closer to his. Alex’s hand found the small of my back as he brought me closer.

“Jules, what are you-”

I shook my head softly and closed my eyes. “Shut up for a second. I just need to…”

My voice trailed off as I pressed my lips to his. Alex froze for a second before he kissed back, his lips dancing with mine as the ride started.

And soon we were both spinning.
♠ ♠ ♠
AJhdakjdhakjhd I love this chapter. It was fun to write.

So Jack tries to throw Juliet off and it totally backfires. Thoughts? I'm getting a lot of Team Alex's! And I think I am right now too. But don't get too invested, things about to get super messy. Think about who still isn't totally out of the picture... hm...

THE MAINE IN TWO DAYS! IM DYYYYING! I had a new idea for a John story, so go ahead and subscribe. The sooner I see subscribers/comments, the sooner I'll post the first chapter! I already have it written... Into the Black

Comments are again, amazing so that is the main reason for the quick update. I have to show you guys a little love to thank you. So keep 'em coming, you guys make me so happy. I'm starting to really love this story again.