‹ Prequel: A Heart Like That
Status: Coming Soon

Take This To Heart

Oh Juliet, when we made love you used to cry.

Alex.

For once, it was a good kind of feeling. Every look at her was like a breath of fresh air, and every smile transferred to my face. I couldn't stop looking at her or touching her. I had to make sure this was really happening.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

I flashed back to reality, my eyes meeting Juliet's smirk as she tossed a french fry at my cheek.

"Hey!

"Earth to Alex, earth to Alex!" She said in a mocking tone. "See what I did there? Cause it's your tumblr name-"

I shook my head, laughing as she smile brightly. "Oh, I see what you did there Miss sparklegurl182."

She shrugged. "At least I have 182 at the end."

"Or should I say, julesbabygurl90?"

"Fuck you," Jules laughed, throwing another fry at my face. "My AIM names are a thing of the past. At least I'm not currently a faggot."

"Touche."

I smiled as Jules sipped her milkshake, her dark brown hair falling over her face. But I could still tell there was a smile planted on her face. And there was on on mine as well. It had been since yesterday, when all this shit fell into place. Now we were at Wendy's, enjoying the simple pleasures of fast food as the opening bands sound checked.

"So," I said, patting the table. "The bus is empty."

Jules finished her fries. "Mhm."

"We could go back there."

Jules laughed, pausing before shaking her head and standing up. "Sorry Gaskarth. I gotta help Vinny set up merch."

"Come on!" I said, taking her into a hug and kissing the top of her head. "Just something quick-"

"You're a whore." Juliet laughed before wrapping her arms around my neck and kissing my gently. I put my hands on her back and held her closer, keeping her lips on mine. I loved these moments we were having. I loved when she kissed me. I loved when I was with her, just us.

"I love you." I whispered, earning me another kiss and a smile.

Juliet took my hand and we walked out of Wendy's, back across the street to the venue, carefully avoiding the line of fans outside the door. Before we stepped back in the venue we made out on the wall outside, but Jules left to help Vinny.

I stayed for a second, looking up at the sky and closing my eyes, the smile on my face not shaking.

I didn't think I had ever been this happy.

After a bit I walked into the venue, grabbing my guitar and heading to soundcheck. All the guys were already there and Flyzik and the other techs were setting up our instruments.

Rian gave me a funny look. "What's gotten into you?"

I laughed, shaking my head as I through my first guitar around my body and helped Danny hook it up.

"Really man," Zack patted me on the back. "Did you and Colleen make up or some shit."

"No." I said, making a gross face.

I heard Jack cough from the spot he was sitting on at the edge of the stage, sulking. He had done that a lot lately. But I hadn't cared as much as I probably should have. Jack was my best friend, and he was totally against the idea of Jules and I. It wasn't like him and Jules had anything going on right now anyway. They hadn't done shit since high school, besides little stuff. This tour had practically been a roller coaster of them not getting a long. Why couldn't he just be happy for me? They had no feelings for each other left.

"Thank god." Rian muttered, banging on his drum kit. "I thought I'd have to talk to her again for a second. Bleh."

"Oh, no way bro. It's nothing."

Jack coughed again.

"You alright Jack?" Rian called.

Jack turned around, shooting Rian a thumbs up and smiling. "I'm fucking fantastic!" He yelled, a little too happily.

Rian shot me a glance but I just shrugged as if I had no idea what was going on.

"What song are we checking with?"

"How about we do Daydream Away?" Jack piped up, standing and joining our little circle.

I shot him a glance. "Bro, that song is basically acoustic."

"Alright um," Jack paused again, before meeting my eyes like daggers. "What about Walls?"

"We haven't played that in forever." I said nervously. What was he getting at?

Jack shrugged. "Okay, maybe Vegas? Painting Flowers? Lost in Stereo? Remembering Sunday? Shameless?"

I gulped, meeting his glance. He knew exactly what he was doing. I wanted to smack that smirk grin off of his lips.

Everyone of those songs was in one way, shape or form about Juliet. And he knew that. They way he looked at me made it seem like he wanted to punch me as well. Like he was angry.

And for a moment, I saw that he may have a right too. All those songs were about Jules, but they were all from the past. It was a marker to how long I had wanted his girl. My heart beat out of my chest as he stared.

But there was something Jack didn't understand. Jules was not his anymore. He had Annie, and Jules had me. He needed to accept that.

"Um," Zack said awkwardly, taking a step back. "Let's do Coffeeshop then."

"Good idea."

**************************


I climbed back on the bus at about one in the morning. Jack was still outside. Most everyone else was asleep.

I peaked into Jules bunk, her eyes opening slowly.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?"

Jules shook her head. "Come here."

I did as I was told, leaning into her bunk and laying next to her. Quickly she leaned into my chest, gripping my shoulder and kissing my neck before resting in its crook. I wrapped my arms around her, holding Jules closer and kissing the top of her head.

"Will you stay here?" She whispered softly.

I kissed her head again. "Of course."

"Thank you."

I nodded, trying to settle down. But I couldn't fight it. I looked down at her peaceful body, and smiled slowly.

"Hey Jules?"

"Fuck you."

"No," I laughed, her body still tangled with mine and her eyes still closed. "Can I tell you something?"

"Hm."

"I um, I care about you a lot. I've wanted this for a very long time. I love you Juliet."

I felt a soft kiss on my neck as I felt a smile on her lips. But her eyes stayed closed. After a few moments, I was sure she was asleep.

I couldn't sleep. My eyes were pinned to the ceiling of her bunk as reality crashed in. Maybe I was overthinking this. I was sure she had said it back at some point. She must have! Right?

The thought remained.

She didn't say I love you back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alex's point of view! Interesting.

This was a filler, but it was really just to show how Alex is taking everything, and how their relationship is going so far. Also, lots of tension. Maybe some trouble coming? What are your predictions?

So many Team Alex people! Come on guys! Give Jack some love. You have to feel a little bit bad for him.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Again, this is mainly because of my John O'Callaghan story. Please please PLEASE check it out. I love it a lot.
Sleepless Roads.

Comments have been lovely. Thank you so so so much. Let me know what's on your mind. :3