‹ Prequel: A Heart Like That
Status: Coming Soon

Take This To Heart

Now you just say, "Oh Romeo? Yeah, you know I used to have a scene with him."

Juliet.

I stepped onto the bus after the show, ready to collapse onto my bed. It had been a very, very long day.

As soon as I got on, I paused at the sight before me. Kneeling by Alex's bunk was Colleen, who was packing up her suitcase with a certain sass. She sniffled every few seconds, seemingly unaware I was there.

I took a step forward. "Colleen?"

She looked up at me, tears in her eyes as she smirked, almost laughing at the sight of me. She went back to her bag, sighing before closing it.

"What do you want?"

I wasn't sure why she was being so cold. Then again, it was Colleen.

"I'm wondering why you're packing. I thought you weren't leaving until next week-"

"Well plans changed," Colleen cut me off, standing up and grabbing another bag from her bunk. "Don't act like you don't know. Spare me, Jules."

I gave her a confused look. "I don't know what you mean."

"Alex dumped me," She said, a tear rolling down her cheek. "He said we weren't working anymore, along with other things. One of them including you. I knew it. I always did."

"I still don't know what you're talking about."

Colleen rolled her eyes and let out a little laugh. "That you guys had a think behind my back-"

"Let me just stop you there." I said, shaking me head. "We never had a thing. Ever. I'm actually leaving tour soon, so if that's the issue-"

"The issue is he broke up with me for you, actually."

I looked at her again, shaking me head. "Did he say that?"

"Almost word for word." Colleen nodded. "I was going to dump his ass again anyway. Says a lot about him when he wants to be with someone like you."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Whatever you say."

But my mind was somewhere else as I said those words and she walked off the bus, a cab waiting for her quietly outside. Wow. He had actually done it. He had broken up with his girlfriend of forever. Apparently, he had done so for me. Fuck.

Quickly, I got off the bus, an adrenaline rush kicking into my tiredness. I ran off, running back into the building through the backdoor as fans started to pile up outside.

As I got back into the building I ran through all the people until I saw a familiar face.

"Flyzik!"

Matt turned to me. "Whoa, you alright?"

"I'm not sure," I said quickly. "Where is Alex?"

He gave me a concerned look but I ignored it. "I think he's taking a shower-"

"Great thanks Flyzik."

"Wait," Matt said, grabbing my wrist as I turned away from him. "Why so rushed?"

I got my wrist away from his. "Colleen is leaving. He dumped her."

Matt's eyebrows shot up as I left, running down the halls until I got to the showers. Rian was just leaving, a towel around his waist as he turned to me.

"Jules, what are you doing here?"

"Whose in there right now?" I said, ignoring his question.

He paused. "Um, just Alex I think."

I nodded before he could ask anything else and opening up the door to the showers. It was steamy in there and a bit hot, but I was moderately sure there was no one else present. I walked through, biting my lip, unsure of what to say or how to say it.

"Alex?"

I heard something fall from the shower in front of me. "Uh, yeah, here. Jules?"

"Yeah," I said. Without thinking I tore open the shower curtain, revealing a very naked Alex. But it wasn't like I hadn't seen it all before.

"JULES." Alex yelled, turning away from me.

I rolled my eyes, grabbing a towel from the silver bar beside him. "Here you go, you big baby. There's nothing new to see."

Alex grabbed the towel, moving out of the way of the water before looking back at me.

"So what do you want?"

I sighed. "Colleen is leaving."

"I know." He nodded. "I dumped her."

"I get that," I said slowly, looking up at him. "But she said something else. She said you dumped her, for um, well she said you did it for me."

Alex looked into my eyes, his burning into mine. I looked up at him hopefully. It was the first big gesture I had seen from either Alex or Jack. It was the first step towards me. And all I needed him to do now was say the words. I was tired of the disappointment. I needed someone to own up to what they wanted. I needed someone to get me.

"I did."

I stared up at him.

"Look, Jules, nothing has to happen. I just couldn't live like that anymore-"

A smile spread across my face as I laughed, stepping into the shower and pressing my lips to his. I was drenched with water, my clothes hanging to my skin as Alex kissed back, holding me closer to him and wrapping his arms around my waist.

I kept smiling as he kissed me, holding him closer as the kiss deepened.

"I love you." Alex whispered.

I paused, looking up at him and smiling before kissing him again.

"I'm still naked."

I laughed, stepping out of the shower. "And I'm wet."

"That's a good combination."
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't really know what to say, haha. I was feeling happy and inspired.

Plus Claire made me. I've been very productive today. I basically finished the YMAS book, rearranged my room, framed one of my The Maine autographs, and took down my The Maine wall so I could rearrange it because of the framing.

Good Monday. Good update?

Give me some love guys THIS IS A RECORD UPDATE TIME FOR ME.