Sequel: Until we bleed
Status: Active; No comments this update? Fine, I won't make another one :)

They Say That True Love Hurts, Well This Could Almost Kill Me

Chapter Eighteen

“Okay, what song do you want to sing?” I questioned Rini. She remained stubborn as ever, but seemed to be cooperating. A little. I became more annoyed when she answered my question.

“No. That’s for you to find.”

I growled, but went to naming bands. “Paramore? Avril Lavigne? Hinder? Oh! There’s that new kid’s band, uh….Lemonade Mouth? Yeah, that’s it….”

“No. No, no, no, no, no! Why can’t you listen?”

“You never said anything about what music you like!”

“I’m six!”

“How would I know what a six year-old likes?!” I retorted, getting close to her face. She scrunched her lips together and sneered.

She looked back at the piano keys. We both were sitting on the piano bench and figuring out what song we should do. Not much luck, with her being so pissy. She reminded me of my little sister.

“I’ll have you know that you’re still a slave, no matter what Tempest feels for you. I can still get rid of you like this.” She snapped her fingers and glared in a menacing way.

“I’m not yours to get rid of.” I replied, getting up from my seat to leave this disaster.

“Wait!” Rini cried out, and, very unexpectedly, she jumped off the bench and latched her arms onto my leg. I kept walking, dragging her on the floor.

“Rini! Let go of me!” I said, aggravated. I tried shaking her off, but nothing seemed to unlatch this six-year-old.

“No!” She said, tears forming in her big, round eyes. I had to admit, demon or not, she looked completely helpless. There, latched on my leg, I actually felt kinda sorry for the little princess.

One song, that’s all. Just one song…

Rolling my eyes, I walked back to the piano and sat down on the bench. Rini unlatched herself and ran to sit on the other side. For moments, we just sat there and looked away from each other. Taking a deep breath, I placed my hands on the keys.

“Falling a thousand feet per second, you’d still take me by surprise
I just know we can't be over, I can see it in your eyes
Making every kind of silence, takes a lot to realize
It's worse to finish than to start all over and never let it lie
And as long as I can feel you holding on….”

Rini looked up at me, something like a look of….realization? Sorrow? What was the look that her face held?

“I won't fall, even if you said I was wrong

I'm not perfect, but I keep trying
'Cause that's what I said I would do from the start
I'm not alive if I'm lonely, so please don't leave
Was it something I said or just my personality?

Making every kind of silence, it takes a lot to realize
It's worse to finish than to start all over and never let it lie
And as long as I can feel you holding on
I won't fall, even if you said I wrong

I know that I'm not perfect, but I keep trying
'Cause that's what I said I would do from the start

I'm not alive if I'm lonely, so please don't leave
Was it something I said or just my personality?

When you're caught in a lie and you've got nothing to hide
When you've got nowhere to run and you've got nothing inside
It tears right through me, you thought that you knew me
You thought that you knew

I'm not perfect, but I keep trying
'Cause that's what I said I would do from the start
I'm not alive if I'm lonely, so please don't leave
Was it something I said or just my personality?

I'm not perfect, but I keep trying
'Cause that's what I said I would do from the start
I'm not alive if I'm lonely, so please don't leave
Was it something I said or just my, just myself
Just myself, myself, just myself

I'm not perfect, but I keep trying…”

Rini shook her head. “Now teach me.”

I couldn’t help but laugh. “So that’s the song?”

She nodded and I began to write the lyrics down on paper. When I finished, she snatched the paper and began to read over it.

“Study it and we’ll work on it tomorrow!” I called after her as she ran out of the room.

I walked out, too. This time to Tempests’ room. Or…. “our” room. However you want to put it. Walking down the halls, I muttered the song, my fingers tapping lightly on my light blue skinny jeans. My muttering lowered into a light humming as I entered the room.

Tempest turned around from where he fiddled with the radio. He smiled as he saw me. “What’s up?”

“I’m helping Rini.” I said without meaning to. Crap…

He sighed. “What are you doing with Rini, anyway? Ella said you were working on something with her…?”

I shrugged. “Yeah, some last minute….project.”

He eyed me and I squirmed. “What project?”

“It’s something for her studies. She needed help on…memorizing um….some little…her planets.”

“Her planets?”

“Yeah, she needed to remember what order they go in.”

“Are you lying?”

“Yes, and I’m sucking at it.” I ran my fingers through my hair, and walked over to where his fingers played with the tuner on the radio. I waved his hand away and turned the knob to 106.1. Sadly, commercial was playing, so I turned it to a channel my mom used to play in the car. ‘All around me’, by Flyleaf was playing.

He smiled. “Yes, I know. Why?”

My lips quirked to the side. “Er…I can’t tell you.”

He rolled his eyes, but seemed to respect my privacy.

Besides, I hope he likes the song. It’s not a brother/sister song, but the fact that she sang it would probably hit him deeply.

Hopefully.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I'm on vacation right now. I know it's taking forever for updates, but I've been bus you know....on the beach? Going to haunted houses? Going to museums? ou know, all that fun stiff. I always feel bad when I don't update in a while so....here. You happy?