458 25 243

Chapter 1

Ruby sat in a tall tree outside the school, she had on a black t-shirt and dark blue jeans. Her platinum-blonde hair was twisted up into two ponytails that had turquoise stripes that flared out through them. Her notebook was on her leg and her pencil was in her black-gloved hand. Logan walked over and stood beneath the tree, looking up at Ruby. She seemed so peaceful, he hated to disturb her. Ruby scribbled something on the paper and went back to staring absent mindedly at the sky. Suddenly Ruby twitched and looked down at Logan, he smiled back up at her.

"Logan..." She greeted him and rolled her eyes playfully.
"Hey, don't make me come up there and get you, missy." Logan threatened and flashed a smirk.

Ruby shut her notebook and tossed it to the ground. She tucked her pencil into one of her ponytails and leapt from branch to branch on the way down. Logan smiled with pride as she did so, he had taught her how to do that. She picked up her notebook and tucked it into the grey bag at the foot of the tree.

"What's up, Furball?" Ruby asked and grinned evilly at Logan's nickname.
"Nothin' much, Pinky." He retorted. Ruby's hair blushed at the comment and she tried to hide her smile. That was part of her powers, her hair reflected her emotions all the time. Like an annoying mood ring she just couldn't remove. 
"How bout a match?" Ruby challenged. "I can take you."

Logan scoffed, he turned and walked back to the school. Ruby swung her bag onto her shoulder and sprinted after him.

•••••

In the Practice Room Logan and Ruby squared off. They both stood in defensive positions.

"Ready, Pinky?" Logan laughed, so sure of himself.
"Any time, Furball." Ruby glared playfully at Logan.
Three long adamantium claws slid out from between Logan's knuckles. Ruby s hair turned black as she mentally readied herself for a fight, her eyes turned red.

A low snarl came from deep in Logan's chest.

He growled and slashed at Ruby. She dodged and flipped over his head. She tapped the back of his neck with her index finger, shocking him. Logan was momentarily stunned. Ruby's hair turned a victorious red-orange.

"Not for long, squirt!" Logan yelled and quickly turned and slashed at Ruby. Ruby shrieked as Logan's adamantium claws sliced her arm, she sunk to the ground holding her arm close to her chest. Logan paused, wondering if this was a trick, he decided against it and went to help her.

As soon as Logan got close to her, Ruby pressed the palm of her hand to Logan's chest. He froze, paralyzed again. Ruby smiled evilly.

"In yer face!" she said and pushed him over.

Logan fell over, after a few seconds he could move again.

"Not cool, Pinky!" he said. Logan pushed himself up off the ground and dusted off his leather jacket. Ruby just laughed and danced away from Logan's reach. He tried to get up to catch her but his legs were still frozen.

Ruby paused and looked at Logan with mock concern, she slowly stepped closer to him.

"Are you stuck?" she asked, mockingly sympathetic. Logan rolled his eyes. Ruby's face was inches from his, she leaned forward,

"You gonna get me?" she asked. Then suddenly, Logan could move. From all his effort in trying to move, Logan s face slammed into Ruby s and their lips met.

‘Oh crap.’ Ruby thought, and her hair turned the brightest pink ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I may or may not take up rewriting this one...