458 25 243

Chapter Two

Two days later, Ruby was walking down the halls of the school, to nowhere in particular, humming to herself. She was in her usual black. Her long skirt brushed the floor. She turned a corner and ran into… Logan… again.

"Oh! Um… hey… L-Logan." Ruby stuttered nervously and stared down at her big black combat boots.

Logan smirked. "'Sup, kid?" he asked.

Ruby's hair turned light pink, "Nothin'." she mumbled. "Logan, do you… um, do you want to go get something to drink?"

"Sure." Logan replied casually and followed Ruby to the kitchen.

Logan pulled open the door to the refrigerator and sighed, "Still no beer." he grunted unhappily.

Ruby stood up from her chair and went to a small cabinet. She pushed it's contents aside to reveal a secret compartment. She opened the little door and stepped aside.

Logan walked over to the little door and looked inside, "YES!" he said and pulled a beer from the compartment. Ruby grinned and her hair turned a happy yellow. She went and sat on the countertop.

"So, um, Logan?" Ruby asked. His head jerked up from looking at the label on his drink. "A-about the last match…When we um…" She coughed. "kissed… Was that…That was on purpose wasn't it…?"

Logan chuckled and looked down.

"I've touched Xavier…" Ruby explained. She hopped off the countertop and snatched the beer from Logan and took a swig. He looked at her surprised.

"I'm twenty years old!" Ruby said defensively. She raised the bottle to her lips but paused, she shoved it back into Logan's hand and sat back on the counter. He right hand flew out towards the cupboard and the panel slid back as if it had never been touched.

Ruby winked at Logan and her hair turned long and red with waves.

Then Scott appeared in the doorway, "Jean." he greeted her. And opened the refrigerator. He paused and turned back to look at 'Jean'. Ruby giggled and turned her hair platinum blonde and short.

"'Afternoon, Scott!" Ruby chirped. Scott turned back to the refrigerator. Then Kurt BAMF-ed onto the countertop next to her. Logan rolled his eyes.

"Kurt!" Ruby shouted excitedly and hugged the blue mutant.

"Hello, Ruby." Hurt said in his heavy German accent. Ruby turned her hair dark blue to match his.

Logan rolled his eyes again.

"Logan, if you roll your eyes any more, they'll fall out!" Ruby teased.

Scott pulled a jar of salsa out of the refrigerator and set it next to Ruby. He turned to the pantry to look for chips.

Logan took a drink from the bottle and watched Ruby stroke Kurt's tail.

Scott found a bag of tortilla chips and opened the salsa. Logan snagged a chip and dunked it in the salsa before chomping on it noisily. Scott glared at him.

"Get your own chips!" he exclaimed.

"Okay." Logan said and grabbed a hand full of chips from the bag.

Ruby and Kurt both took chips and salsa too.

Then Jean, Rogue and Bobby came into the kitchen.

"I smell salsa!" Bobby said triumphantly. Scott growled as more people stole his snack, but relaxed when Jean started to rub his shoulders.

Logan ate another chip and took a swig of his beer. Kurt's tail lay across Ruby's lap and she stroked it gently. Jean levitated a chip to Scott's mouth and continued to rub his back. Bobby held onto Rogue's gloved hand and they fed each other chips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Since I'm copying my old stories from fanfiction, there might be minor typos. SORRY!!