‹ Prequel: Fat Kat
Status: Finished.

Runaway Kat

Apology

Jack Barakat:

“Take me to her.” I said bluntly, as Alex told me about Katerina being in town. She was here? So close? I honestly couldn’t believe him. Apparently he hadn’t given her the time of day. I just wanted to see her. “Do you think that’s a good idea?” He asked, and I nodded vigorously. “Just take me to her Alex!” I exclaimed, and he nodded once before heading out the door once again.

We stood outside her house, and Alex nodded. The door flew open immediately, and we were met with the faces of Roxy and Kara. Our eyes widened. “What the fuck?!” Alex exclaimed in shock. They were here too?! Had they known all along where she was? “Where is she?!” I asked desperately, but Roxy stood in the way. “No. After the way he treated her earlier,” Roxy started, sending a filthy glance in Alex’s direction. “No one is seeing her. I’ll be surprised if she leaves her room any time soon.” She finished darkly.

“Roxy please-”

“I’ll talk to him.” A weak voice spoke behind her, and Roxy moved.

Katerina stood there; looking tired and timid. I noticed the shirt she was wearing and smiled softly. It was my shirt. She’d kept the first shirt I’d ever given her. Roxy glared at Alex and me once more, before moving out of the way. Kara eyed us up and down warily; before moving too.

She sighed, and reluctantly started moving upstairs, her movements sluggish and fed-up. Alex nodded once at me and disappeared into their living room followed by Roxy and Kara; whereas I followed Kat up the stairs and into her bedroom. She collapsed onto her bed, and I shut the bedroom door behind me.

I examined her more closely. Her hair wasn’t just red anymore, it was an assortment of colours ranging from pink to dark red, and it suited her. Her eyes were still a beautiful blue; but they lacked that sparkle I loved about them. She seemed lifeless; like she was missing something.

She still retained her slim figure; but it seemed slimmer somehow. She must have lost some weight since I last saw her.

“Why did you leave Katerina?” I whispered; and her eyes brimmed with tears. I hated seeing her cry more than anything. “I-I don’t know; I just had to go... I was hurting; and I thought it was the right thing to do for you.” She stuttered feebly in reply. “For me? Or yourself?” I snapped irritably; and the tears poured harder down her face in response. I shot to her side, and wrapped my arms around her. It felt so right, her being in my arms once more. I’d missed her so much.

When she left; I felt like my life had no meaning. I genuinely thought she was the other-half of me, and when she ran away I honestly felt like she’d taken half of me away with her. I finally managed to build myself back up again, but it was never the same.

I met Holly Madison last year; and we’re reaching our 10 month anniversary soon. I was stoked; I never expected to be in another relationship again; literally Holly is the first girl I’ve been in a relationship with since Kat. I just couldn’t seem to get over her. I mean what I had with Holly wasn’t as good as it was with Kat; Kat seems to be the only one who truly understood my ways. I felt like I had to act mature around Holly to meet her standards; which I wasn’t entirely comfortable with. Katerina always accepted my goofy ways; it was a relief.

“I-I’m so sorry!” Katerina sobbed into my shirt; and I held her closer. “I’m sorry too Katerina.” I whispered, kissing the top of her head. “Why does Alex hate you so much?” I asked. She shrugged; and continued crying. It never really made sense why Alex hated her so passionately. I always assumed it was because of the way I acted once she left; isolated and depressed; but he still hated her while I embraced her back into my life. I shook it off; and looked down at the small girl by my side.

I won’t lie and say that I don’t have feelings for her anymore; because I know damn well that the feelings we shared are still within me, buried deep; and I have a feeling that maybe hers are still there too; she’s just not showing it.

Alex Gaskarth:

“Maybe we should check on them-” Kara stopped me from talking. “We know what you two had Alex, she told us everything.” She said slowly, and I felt myself become hot with embarrassment. “And you make it rather obvious to us anyway that you still like her.” Roxy added. “I DO NOT!” I bellowed childishly; before clamping a hand over my mouth. “Cut the crap; you do.” Roxy snapped, and I bowed my head.

Of course I still have feelings for her! They’re just not shown; they’re hidden away for mine and Jack’s sake. He’s my best friend; I could NEVER do anything like I did before to him again. “Does he know what happened?” Kara asked, referring to Jack. I shook my head violently. “And I want to keep it that way too. Why did you two disappear?” They shared a glance.

“We were in love with people we’d barely see; it’s more torturous than you think.” Roxy said, slumping her shoulders. “He misses you so much, Roxy.” I said quietly, and she smiled sadly. I looked at Kara; who was staring off into the distance. I felt rather sympathetic for her. “Don’t give me your sympathy Alex; I’m fine.” She sighed, running a hand through her hair. I smiled weakly. “Does Jack still like her?” Kara asked. I nodded slowly.

“Holly is a distraction so to speak. His feelings for Kat never actually died. He thinks about her every day, its plain for us all to see. He just hides them away and pretends otherwise.” I told them truthfully. “So... Both you and Jack still have feelings for her.” Kara pointed out the obvious, and I shrugged it off. “What are you going to do about it?” Roxy finally asked the question I didn't want to hear.

“Honestly? I have no idea.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alex or Jack ;D Let me know which team your on! You guys rock btw