‹ Prequel: Fat Kat
Status: Finished.

Runaway Kat

Feelings grow deeper

Alex Gaskarth:

A knock on the door startled us; and Roxy ran to get it. Kara and I stood out in the hallway too. Roxy flung open the door once more, and we came across four people- Zack, Rian, Cassadee and Holly Madison. Zack’s eyes widened. “Roxy...” He breathed; stepping towards her; and embracing her in a tight hug. “I’ve missed you.” He whispered into her hair; and she snuggled closer to him. We all watched in awe.

Rian’s eyes fell on Kara. She waved awkwardly; before heading back into the living room without another word. He sighed, grasped Cassadee’s hand, and followed Kara into the living room. “Where’s Jack?” Holly asked curiously. I’d never liked this girl; EVER. But I acted civil for Jack’s sake. “He’s upstairs; but don’t disturb him; he’s resolving issues which have been hanging over him for around 5 years.” I said sternly, and she narrowed her eyes before reluctantly nodding and brushing past me into the living room. I rolled my eyes, and followed her in.

Katerina Jacobs:

Lying with Jack never felt more comfortable. I didn’t know what it was about it; whether it was because we were older, or because I’d craved after a moment like this for so long; but it felt so much better than I remembered. His arms felt so right around me, my head just seemed to fit against the crook of his neck.

Saying I missed this would be an understatement. I’ve more than just missed this. Who wouldn’t? Jack was always one to give the best cuddles and hugs. He was warm, caring, trusting and loveable... Alex was all about the intimacy, the heat, the passion... He was a great lover. His way with words was enough to make a girl bend over backwards for him.

But he wasn’t one to open up to, and he never opened up either. Yeah you could talk about things which were obvious and stuff; but when it came down to the deep shit, he wouldn’t talk about it. Jack would; we’d always have deep conversations about things going on with us. We didn’t bury problems we had in our lives, we told each other to take a weight off our shoulders. It was nice.

“You realise you’re not going to be able to run away now.” He whispered. “Why not?” I asked. “I lost you once; do you honestly think I’d let you run again?” He chuckled, and I snuggled closer to him. “Why don’t you hate me?” I asked him, and he let out a sigh. “I know what I did to you hurt; and springing my emotions on you must have been difficult... I understand.” A sudden pang of guilt hit me; and it took a lot for me not to just blurt out how I’d betrayed him; how Alex betrayed him.

Alex’s head was on the line too; so I kept my mouth shut. And I felt terrible for it.

“I just got a text from Alex saying Zack and Rian have just arrived; I told them to come here. Do you want to see them?” Jack asked me, and I nodded enthusiastically. I jumped out of the bed and pulled Jack down the stairs; before running into the living room.

All eyes fell on me. It wasn’t just Zack and Rian- Holly Madison too, and Cassadee Pope. “KATERINA?!” They exclaimed simultaneously; and I nodded happily. They tackled me to the floor; and squeezed the life out of me. “Never ever disappear again okay?!” Rian said, hugging me tightly. “I’ll try not to.” I winked with a coy smirk. “Oh! This is Cassadee. Cass, this is Katerina.” She hugged me instantly; and I chuckled. “Nice to meet you too!” I exclaimed.

“And Kat?” Jack’s voice said, and I turned. “This is my girlfriend Holly Madison. Holly, this is Kat.” I smiled, covering the aching in my heart. “Lovely to meet you.” He smiled; thinking I was fine with it all. But I wasn’t. God I wasn’t. Alex was studying my reaction carefully, and I shot him a foul look.

He rolled his eyes, before standing up; and dragging me outside into my back garden. “Sorry I’m going in. I’ve already had a bollocking from you, I don’t need another.” I said spitefully, trying to storm back in. He grabbed my wrist and prevented me from doing so. “You just disappeared.” He said vulnerably.

“Off radar, with only a letter as a goodbye? You could have been dead; and we would have never known. Do you know how much that hurt Kat? It killed me every day when people sympathised Jack, and not me. I loved you equally as much, or maybe more than Jack did. And you just ran away without a care in the world.” My gaze softened as his eyes watered. I felt horrible.

“Do you think it was easy?” I whispered. “Easy knowing that both you and Jack loved me? Knowing it could completely fuck up your friendship? Do you honestly think I wanted to be the cause of your tattered friendship? I did what was best for the two of you; not myself.” I told him quietly. “Running away was meant to be good for us?!” He argued back. “YES!” I screamed, and he looked at me with a shocked expression.

“It was for the best wasn’t it?! You’re both over me now; and the past never has to be re-lived. You two can continue being best friends without the worry of some girl messing it up.” I mumbled meekly. He scoffed. “There’s just one problem with that theory of yours.” He said. I looked up at him with mystified eyes. “And what would that be?” I gulped.

“I’m still fucking in love with you. And my feelings have grown deeper for the past 5 years.”
♠ ♠ ♠
TEAM ALEXXX! ;D Okay so, who do you like best in this story, and is there anything you want to see soon?

I have another twist coming up. Thank you so much for your comments and subscribing. We should alll be friendsss. <3

My puppy barked when I typed that. Love ya!