‹ Prequel: Fat Kat
Status: Finished.

Runaway Kat

fail.

Katerina Jacobs:

My eyes fluttered open, and I groaned at my alcohol intake last night. I sat up, and rubbed my eyes; and froze when I heard soft snoring to my left. Familiar; soft snoring. I slowly turned my head; and my eyes fell on the sleeping figure beside me, and I gasped; before clamping a hand over my mouth.

Oh God; I’d done it again. I’d slept with Alex; he’s going to think I love him more than Jack. He’s going to expect something to happen. I started to inwardly panic; and I launched myself out of bed and into my bathroom while pulling on my underwear. My breathing was ragged and out of time with each breath. What was I going to do now?!

Someone knocked on the bathroom. “Kat; come out please.” Alex begged quietly; and my heart fluttered. I shakily unlocked the door; and stepped out, avoiding eye-contact like the plague. “Look at me.” He commanded gently; and when I wouldn’t, he softly grasped my chin and brought my face to look at his.

His eyes were soft, almost like caramel; and I felt myself falling into his trap of seduction once more. “I think we need to talk; don’t you?” He asked, and I nodded; knowing my voice was no use to me now. He grabbed my hand, and led me back to the bed. We sat beside each other; not really knowing what to say.

“What happened last night... Was amazing to me Kat.” He whispered; finally breaking the tense silence that had overcome us. “But I know that you have feelings for both Jack and I.” He finished, and my bottom lip wobbled.

“Do you love me?” I nodded slowly. “Do you love Jack?” I nodded once more, before I burst into tears. His arms slithered around me. “Please don’t cry.” He whispered; holding me tightly.

I heard footsteps racing up the stairs; and Alex dived into my closet; bringing back memories of when I dived into his. Someone knocked on my door as I chucked the last of Alex’s belongings in with him. I dived into my bed. “Come in!” I declared; and Jack stepped into the room with a small smile.

“Kat... I need to tell you something.” He said quietly; and I indicated for him to sit down. He sat on the bed beside me; and gulped.

“I-I heard Holly threatened you yesterday.” My eyes bulged. “How do you know that?” I whispered. “Roxy overheard and told me about it. It made me realise Kat; it made me realise where my heart truly belonged.” I gulped; knowing where this was leading.

“I broke up with Holly the moment Roxy told me; she told me before we entered the club. I was watching you all night Kat with those men; and I wanted to rip their throats out. I hated them all for being so close to you. Granted Holly spoke to me for like an hour once I lost sight of you; but I didn’t want anything to do with her. She was just begging for another chance.” Now I really knew where this was going, and I briefly looked at my closet.

“You disappeared last night though when I was going to tell you.” He whispered. “Tell me what?” I whispered in reply; and he grasped my hands; looking at me passionately.

“I still love you Kat.”

My world officially flipped upside down. Alex knew Jack loved me still I knew it; and he never said a word. Guilt flooded in me like no tomorrow; and I honestly didn’t know what to say.

What could I say? His best friend was currently stuffed in my closet after I had ravenous sex last night; and he was intently listening in to the conversation too. I was stuck without an answer; and that would cause a big problem.

I was slightly angry now; Alex lied to me and said last night that Jack loved Holly now; and I foolishly believed him. Jack did love me; and now I’d committed myself to an act of intimacy with his best friend only last night.

I was cruel, manipulative bitch; and nothing has changed since I left 5 years ago. I had run away from my problem, and now it had caught up with me; and was pulling me down once more without a way of climbing back up.

I was lost, confused, hurt and guilty; guilty of once more maybe being the reason two best friends may no longer be best friends anymore.

Jack Barakat:

Revenge was the sweetest thing. The look of guilt was clear as day on her face; and I revelled in it. I did still love her of course; but she’d betrayed me at the highest level.

She’d slept with my best friend last night. I watched them together when they thought they couldn’t be seen; they were kissing and hurriedly making their way out of the club; and I have a scary feeling Alex is in the room right now.

Good. It was pay-back on both of them. Why not throw a spanner in the works? Leaving Holly was a decision made in haste; so I was single now; and I could play these two at their own game. This will be my time to shine; I will be the one winning this game now.

Jack Barakat will get the last word.

He won't be made a fool of any more.
♠ ♠ ♠
YMMM