Next Chapter

Scream Your Heart Out, Let Your Guard Down

The girls and I got a pretty good spot in the crowd. We were right in the front of the stage because some bouncers helped us get there by the band’s request. The fans who were there earlier didn’t mind giving their spot to us because they were the ones waving at me outside. Even though Amy and Feranix were convincing me that it was okay, but it didn’t make me feel comfortable at all. When the lights cut out and the stage lit up, the crowd behind us and next to us screamed. We just played along and laughed. Sing Me Insomnia went first and when Marshall got on the front of the stage, he spotted me and waved a bit. It was pretty cute; it made me chuckled.

They started with The Introduction and we just smiled to them because we didn’t know the song. Some part of the crowd sang along and when they were done with the song, we screamed along just to give them a boost. It went over and over for the other songs until Marshall decided to talk to the crowd.

“So, for the next two songs, we would go a bit weepy, but we have our good friend from The Downtown Fiction here, to help me with them. Cameron Leahy everybody!”, Marshall announced. My eyes widened when Cameron ran out to the stage and gave Marshall a bro hug before bowing to the crowd. “Here’s Catching Angels!”

The band started the music and Cameron stood next to Marshall, that meant he could see me in the crowd. His eyes were fixed on me before he started.

“They say the easiest thing to do
Is to love the fact I have you
God sent angels from above
And I caught the one I love”
, he sang beautifully that got more hysterical screaming from the girls in the crowd. Amy and Feranix even shook my shoulders about it.

“No I can't believe I caught you
No I can't believe you're all mine
No I can't believe I caught you
No I can't believe you're all mine
I caught my angel

Simplicity's the way to go
So now please don't make this hard to know
I have caught you fair and square
No need to run, no need to share”
, now it was Marshall’s turn to sing. He gave me a smile too and I had to smile back out of politeness.

“No I can't believe I caught you
No I can't believe you're all mine
No I can't believe I caught you
No I can't believe you're all mine
I caught my angel

They say the hardest thing to do
Is admit I've lost you
All those times you've loved and shared
Have been wasted all these years

I lost you
I lost you, yeah”
, Cameron sang again and he got me right at the “lost you” part. I could see the bitterness in his eyes and smile but he kept it all because he was on stage.

“No I can't believe I lost you
No I can't believe you are gone
No I can't believe I lost you
No I can't believe you are gone
I lost my angel”
, they both sang together and when they were done, the crowd screamed again but the three of us went quiet. I didn’t know what I would say and it was only the first song he would be singing with them.

"This would be the last song from us!", Marshall announced, greeted by another cheering but some 'aw' on the parts of the crowd. "I bet you all know this. Here's We Are Young!", by that, the crowd screamed again until the music started.

“If you’re insecure
Then what does that make me?
If your love’s the cure
Then a broken heart is my disease”
, Marshall started beautifully. He even had the time to stole a moment to give me a wink and I did blush at it a bit, but quickly gained myself back before Cameron could see it.

“I look back at the times we’ve shared
Naïve and so unprepared
We took a chance that did not pay off
So, here we are, baby, with the scars of our loss”
, Cameron quickly continued, like he saw what happened between Marshall and I. He didn’t want us oogling on each other forever.

“Scream your heart out, Let your guard down
We are young, why won’t you just let us be?
No discretion, kill suppression
We are young, why won’t you just let us be?

Though times have changed
Time can’t change the way hearts beat
The beginning of love stays the same
Love is something time just cannot cheat”
, Cameron sang and he decided to go closer to the crowd. Some girls that in the front row with us trying to reach his hand while Amy and Feranix were only trying to maintain our spot.

Cameron did see me and he was trying to go to my side and reach my hand but I refused. I kept my hands to myself and he got the signal so he just went back to Marshall’s side.

“I look back at the times we’ve shared
Naïve and so unprepared
We took a chance that did not pay off
So here we are, baby, with the scars of our loss”
, it was Marshall’s turn and he sang so powerful that it even made me surprised. “Come on, Virginia!”, he asked the crowd to sing along.

“Scream your heart out, Let your guard down
We are young, why won’t you just let us be?
No discretion, kill suppression
We are young, why won’t you just let us be?

Wasting our time waiting for this all to clean itself up
As long as we’re in this town you know we’ll always be stuck
The night is calling and the time is now to make our move
Break free, run away with me.”
, the crowd sang along with Marshall and Cameron. Even I could see that the crowd was waving their arms in the air side to side to the song. It was a beautiful song and I could even feel a tear in the corner of my right eye.

Then, most of the stage lights turned off but some of them were still on, giving a dark and mellow side to the stage.
“Scream your heart out, Let your guard down
We are young, why won’t you just let us be?”
, Cameron sang. Same as Marshall, he sang it so powerful and I could hear the emotions in the part he sang.

“No discretion, kill suppression
We are young, why won’t you…”, Marshall’s voice hang on the air and both Jared and Cameron sang the back up. Some people in the crowd even lit up a lighter and waved it side to side in the air for the song. It was unbelievable.

“Just run away with me.”, Cameron sang and extended the end of the lyrics. His eyes were both fixed on me the whole time he sang the sentence.

“We are young, now won’t you just let us be?”, Marshall ended the song and the crowd erupted into cheers. Even the girls and I had to clap our hands and cheer them because it was amazing. “Thank you guys so much for coming out and we are Sing Me Insomnia! Thank you for the gorgeous Mr. Cameron Leahy for helping me sing the last two songs!”

“Those songs were dedicated to a girl that changed everything for me and probably the reason the sun rises and sets… for me.”, he made a little speech and did a little eye contact with me before running off backstage.

The lights lit up and the band was already off the stage, giving the place for some crews to set up for the next band. We were still on our place until Amy decided it was best for us to go backstage. Feranix did the job of making us out alive from the crowd and headed to the backstage. Sing Me Insomnia was in their dressing room and when we passed, Marshall stood up and called my name. “Hey, Dareen! Wait up!”, he called out from the inside of their dressing room which had the door open.

“I’ll catch up with you guys.”, I told Amy and Feranix before they went on their way to their boyfriends. Marshall jogged out from the room with wolf whistles from his band mates. “So, what’s up?”

We leaned on our sides on the wall across from his dressing room, but not right in front of the door so his friends wouldn’t see us. “I-I’m sorry… about Cameron, singing those songs for you. He begged me and he’s my friend. He really loves you.”

“It’s okay, Marsh, no big deal.”, I waved it off casually, even though I could actually burst inside. “I actually could see that coming. Cameron is pretty predictable.”
He nodded. “But Dareen… I need to tell you this.”, he scratched the back of his neck. “I-I’m a huge fan of you, like really. Every week, I would watch the show and rant to Wes, to Jordan, to my brother about how beautiful you are and how I would love to kill Lindsay because she treats you like shit.”

My cheeks burned on his words. I was never good with compliments because I always felt like I didn’t deserve any of them. “Marsh… that’s sweet.”

“I’m sorry if I look like a total creeper on you, but you’re amazing, Dareen. When I realized it was you, who Eric used to mention about and how he told me that you’re his Amy and Feranix’s friend, I couldn’t even believe it. When you were standing in the doorway earlier, I couldn’t believe it either. You’re much much prettier in real life.”, he blurt out the last part and now, his cheeks were getting red. “Did I say the last part out loud?”

“Yes.”, I giggled and he chuckled too. “But it’s okay.”, I took a deep breath before continuing. “Marshall, you’re such a great guy. We only known each other, well, personally for you, for a few hours but you made me feel like I already knew you for years. Any girl would kill to be yours but I love Cameron. I always do. I’m sorry.”

Marshall shrugged his shoulders and tucked his hands into his pockets. “I knew it. I didn’t stand a chance when it comes to you and my competition is the Cameron Leahy.”

“It’s not because he’s ‘the’ Cameron Leahy.”, I laughed and put an air quotes on the ‘the’. “Because he was my best friend since high school, he knew me inside out and we love each other, even we went through the meanest shit in this world.”

We both laughed a little and Marshall smiled. “I respect that, but, when the second Cameron break your heart again-God forbid because it’d makes you sad and I hate to see you sad-I’ll be there, kneeling in front of you, begging you to take me as your boyfriend. Deal?”

I smiled genuinely because his words made my heart flutter. “Deal.”

“Can I get a hug?”, he pleaded with his puppy dog eyes and I laughed at it.

“You’ll get more than a hug.”, I pulled him into my arms even though I was smaller than him. When he was about to lean his head on the crook of my neck, I moved it onto my face and pressed my lips on his. It took him off guard and we kissed for just 5 seconds until I pulled away. “Just a little gift.”

His eyes widened and his jaw was dropped but a moment later, he grinned from ear to ear. “I got kissed by Dareen Turner…”

“It’s our little secret.”, I smiled and gave him a real hug before walking towards where my friends were.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't get Dareen wrong. she did kiss Marshall but no, she and him aren't together, haha, the kiss was just a 'gift' for Marsh for being such a sweet guy/fan to her, haha. AND YEAH,I featured my two new favorites songs and even used a lyric from We Are Young as the title. You have to check out Sing Me Insomnia, soooooo good.
what do you think would happen next?
Comment/subscribe?
<3