Next Chapter

This Is My Half Hearted Goodbye, The Other Half Wants To Still Try

After the whole show was done, I followed the others to the dressing room. Everyone was there to change before going out to meet the fans. Amy and Feranix were staying close to their boyfriends when I was giving a distance between Cameron and I. He looked like he wanted to say something to me the whole night, but I always tried my best to avoid him. The truth was, I wanted to talk to him after what I told Marshall. I just wanted to say that my feelings for him hadn’t changed at all and it would be amazing if we could just go back together, but then, Parker popped up in my mind.

He was in Canada with his friends, up in his cabin, snowboarding and skiing. I haven’t talked to him directly ever since I left California and we just talked through texts since the reception up in the mountain was horrible. Suddenly, the noise of the slammed door snapped me out of my mind and I looked over to where it was from. Cameron walked out from the bathroom after cleaning himself up a bit.

“I’m gonna sign.”, he announced to the room before leaving to the fans. I stood up and tried to catch up with him. The hallway was short, so just a short walk, I was already out to the hall again. Cameron quickly surrounded by some fans that asked for autographs or pictures with him and I couldn’t just interrupt him.

“Excuse me.”, two girls walked up to me with a shy smile. “A-Are you Dareen Turner? From ‘Golden Coast’?”

My eyes widened and I didn’t know what to do. It was something I would never ever get used to. “Yeah, I am. Hi.”, I smiled. “What can I do for you?”

“Can you sign my shirt?”, one of the girls asked as she handed me a Sharpie. I signed where she wanted me to sign and said goodbye after it.

“Should I be afraid that you’d steal my spotlight?”, someone chuckled from behind me. I turned around and Cameron was there with his signature crooked smile. The butterflies in my stomach started to act up and I had to look away to hide the pink bursts that were creeping onto my cheeks.

I shrugged my shoulders. “If you were good, you don’t need to be scared.”, I teased. “Anyway, amazing show. I really like how you interrupted Sing Me Insomnia’s set and I could imagine you begging John to dedicate See You Then for me.”

“Guilty as charged.”, he shook his head slightly while chuckling again. “Dare, those songs represented what I wanted to tell you.”, he explained when he had his head up again.

“Can we go… somewhere private? You know there are still fans here.”, I whispered and eyed some of the fans that were waiting for him to come back to them. Cameron sighed before taking me by my hand and led me to a more secluded side of the hall.

When we were more secluded, he cupped the right side of my face with his left hand and I could feel some electricity jolted from his touch. “All I wanted to do right now is to kiss you, Dareen, but… well, this isn’t the right place.”

I nodded and took a step back so his hand fell from my face. “There are my fans too out there, Cam. They must’ve known about Parker and I.”

“Wait, what?”, Cameron narrowed his eyes on me. “Parker and you? Are you guys now an item or something?”

My eyes widened when I realized I slipped too much out of my lips. Cameron didn’t know about Parker and I, and he shouldn’t know anything about it forever. His ocean eyes started to grow deeper and now they were filled with agony. “C-Cameron, I’m sorry, I should’ve said something to you, I should’ve told you.”

“Don’t!”, he cut off. “I thought we had something again back in Maine! Back at your mom’s room where I comforted you! Those kisses were real, Dareen, I didn’t make them up! I still love you and you know that!”

“Cameron, please.”, I sobbed. “I’ve lost my mom and I couldn’t even imagine how I’d feel when I lost you again, especially right now.”

Before Cameron could say something else, out of nowhere, someone found us and it was the last person I wanted to see right now. “Surprise!”, Parker exclaimed with a wide grin spread on his face until he saw my tears. “Babe, are you okay?”

“P-Parker?”, I stuttered. “Y-You supposed to be in Canada.”

“I decided to spend the holidays with you.”, he answered without taking his eyes off Cameron. “What did you do to her?”

“I didn’t do anything to her!”, Cameron spat back. “Maybe you should do a little rain check on yourself, Malibu Ken!”

“Are you trying to tell me how to run my relationship?”, Parker replied through his teeth. The tension was too much to handle and I was still crying to even try get between them so there wouldn’t be any fist fight, but I was too late. Suddenly, Parker swung his fist to Cameron’s jaw and it made Cameron stumbled. “How’d you like that?!”

“Parker!”, I screamed and pulled him back. “What the fuck!?”

Before he could answer, Cameron fought back by pushing him hardly from my grip and kicked Parker right in the stomach with his knee. I screamed again but there wasn’t much that I could do except for yelling to them to stop but it was obvious that it was useless. Out of nowhere, David, Eric, Wes, Marshall, Jared and their Wes went out and saw the quarrel. They quickly separated Parker and Cameron.

“What the fuck is going on here!?”, David asked Cameron when he and the others got Cam secured.

“You asshole! Just stay away from Dareen because she’s fucking destined to be with me!”, Cameron spat to Parker.

Parker wasn’t being strangled by anyone but he was still on the other end, controlling his breath. Both of their faces were red because of the anger and the heat built inside them. “You’re no one! If you want to be with her, guess what? She’s out of your league, ass wipe!”, Parker replied.

“Both of you just stop!”, I screamed and they literally stopped. “Both of you shut the fuck up! I don’t want to listen to any of your arguments.”

“Dare…”, Cameron said softly. He was over all of his anger and calmed down.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about Parker and I. It’s clear that you can’t handle it. You can’t handle my new life and I can’t handle yours. I’m sorry.”

His eyes and lips fell into a frown. I made my way over to Parker and laced my fingers with him. For the first time since we went official, it felt so wrong. His hand was cold and his long fingers felt too big for mine for the first time. Our palms attaching and it didn’t send me any electric jolt. He leaned down and gave me a light peck on the lips and it sure didn’t make me have butterflies. “Come on, we have a room in a hotel.”, Parker whispered to me before leading me out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lia had been dying for this,hahaha,well,I'm sorry,I'm still trying to get my mojo back!
Comments would be sooooo appreciated :3
Comment/subscribe?
<3