Next Chapter

I Feel The Wind Start To Remind Me Of You

The buzzing sound wouldn’t go away. I groaned and rolled over to my side as I tried to ignore the buzz. When it was so out of control, my eyes shot open and I realized that I wasn’t in my room. My room didn’t have a grey wall and didn’t have a guitar in the corner. This was definitely my room. The view of the window showed a perfect view of the beach, which wasn’t what my window usually show me every morning. I sat up and tried to remember what happened, but first of all, I looked down to see myself. A sigh of relief escaped my own lips when I saw that I still had my jeans on, but sadly, my top was already on the floor.

When I looked over to my side, my eyes widened so bad that I was scared they would popped out from their sockets. Parker was still sleeping next to me, safe and sound. My mind scanned my memories from earlier, so I could remember what happened. I remembered that he was tickling me and on top of me, and well, we kissed. Then, we made out and I forgot how we made it to his room.

The sun was setting from what I’ve seen and I picked up my vibrating phone from the nightstand, seeing that Bobby was calling. “Hello?”, I answered with a whisper.

Dareen! Thank God! Where the heck are you?! I called Erica and she said you didn’t even come over to her place today and she said you’re with Parker! It’s 5.30 and the party starts in 2 and a half hour!”, he ranted in the other line. I glanced to Parker, who was now stirring and in the process of waking up.

“I’m sorry, Bobby, it’s super complicated. I’ll explain to you when I get home, just please get my dress and my shoes ready, I had them hung and placed in my closet.”

I can’t wait till’ Whitney hears about this.”, he retorted before hanging up. Before I could get out from the bed, Parker was already fully woke up and sat up next to me.

“Who was that?”, he asked groggily while still rubbing the sleep off his face. My eyes couldn’t help themselves to check Parker out a bit. He didn’t has his shirt on, of course, and well, I hadn’t had the chance to look at him from this kind of distance.

I sighed. “My manager. He flipped that I wasn’t with Erica today.”, I hufted. “Park, I don’t want to be too… forward about this, but… what are we?”

He smiled and leaned over before giving me a light peck on the lips. “I don’t know, but, I guess we’re more than friends and co-stars now.”
***********
When I parked my car in the driveway, I could see the lights in the living room was already turned on and Bobby’s car was parked right in front of mine. I got out and rushed into the house, greeted by Bobby and Whitney, talking in the living room. It felt like you got home from hanging out with your friends until late and to your angry parents.

“You were with Parker the whole day?”, Whitney asked as both of them stood up from my sofa. I groaned softly and kicked my shoes off in the foyer. “What were you guys doing?”

“I’m sorry, Whit, and Bobby, but… Parker and I… kinda get official.”

Whitney furrowed her brows. “Kinda?

“Well, he saved me from a bunch of psychotic paparazzi who bumped my car to make me had a breakdown and Parker told me to go to his penthouse because it was right beside me that time, and well, we spend the day there and… we made out.”

Both Whitney and Bobby’s jaws fell to the floor right then. I knew they would be surprised because they were the ones who fought the media about the rumors of Parker and I, now, they bit the dust. Well, I bit the dust too.

“So… you guys are an item now?”, Bobby asked to make sure. Whitney whined a bit before massaging her eyes with her thumb and index finger.

I shrugged my shoulders. “I don’t know, but he said we’re more than friends now.”

“Great, just great.”, Whitney said sarcastically. “What would Victor said to me? He had been ringing me just to ask about you and Parker!”

“I’m sorry, Whit.”, I sighed. “Parker and I had a plan about telling the world and it wouldn’t have you or Bobby in it. Just please, forgive me.”

They looked at me with their eagle eyes for another moment before both of them soften and pulled me into a group hug. It was already 7, so after I changed, Whitney did my hair a bit by just curl it into a soft locks and put a feather hair clip. Because it was only a party, Bobby would drive me in his car and Whitney would follow us with her car.

As soon as we got to the club where the party was held, photographers were already surrounding the car, trying to get through the dark tint. “Good luck.”, Bobby smiled to me before I got out from the door. The flashes were brighter than I remembered and they started to call my name over and over again, telling me to look where they were.

One of the MTV people led me to the center of the short red carpet and posed where there was the MTV logo backdrop. I posed a bit and obeyed what the photographers told me. They asked me to smile; I gave them my best smile because I felt like it, which was a rare occasion. One of the photographer on my right noticed someone was at the end of the red carpet. “Parker! Look here!”, he called.

I looked over to my right and there he was. It was only 3 hours ago he was still wearing his basketball shorts and now, he tidied up by wearing his best jeans and shirt. Only like that, he could catch any girl in this world. “Hello there.”, he smiled when he was next to me and his arm snaked around my waist.

“My publicist freaked out.”, I informed him while we posed together. “She said Victor had been trying to lure something about us from her.”

“Oh, so there’s an ‘us’ now?”, he smirked. I looked up to him and he chuckled. “My publicist jumped in joy, I don’t know why. Probably because she could get a bonus from a tabloid if she leaks something about us.”

I rolled my eyes at how this industry works. “I told her that we had a plan about exposing our relationship, which was a lie.”

“Who said?”, he cocked his brow. I looked up to him again and when I did, he leaned down and pressed his lips on mine, in front of the cameras.

Cameron

It was almost Halloween and Thanksgiving and good thing we got to spend it at home. Even though it was a great thing and I couldn’t imagine spending both away from Virginia, but all I could think about was how Dareen would be here for the holidays. Amy told me that she would spend the rest of the year here and be back to L.A. a few days after the new year.

Both of the girls even hinted that it would be a great time of me to just man up and told Dareen the truth because they were sure that Dareen would accept me back. We actually had a hometown show with a couple of our friends’ bands right on time when Dareen would be back home. Feranix said it would be the perfect time to sing one of the songs I wrote for her, but not Thanks For Nothing, because it hurt her badly.

I bit my tongue when I remembered what I said to her a month and a half ago at Chipotle. It was a mistake and I was too angry at her that time, but, I would make it up when she’s here. The cold wind gushed through me and I shivered but ignored it as I kept on strumming on my acoustic guitar.

Ever since I got home from tour, I liked to stay out at the backyard patio with my guitar, strumming until I get sleepy. Now and then, I would sing some songs which I thought could replace what I wanted to say to Dareen. I couldn’t wait until I could see her from close again. My band mates thought it would be nice if I get something for her, like a gift, so I could increase my chance with her. Probably, I would.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I had to do that, it's a part of the plot, haha. Cameron hasn't found out about Dareen and Parker and he won't until the hometown show! HA! SPOILER!
comment/subscribe?
<3