What? How Can I?

Chapter 5

...Padme comes in and looks at you.

"What are you looking at?" she states startling you.

You turn around and put it away. "Just a picture," you reply.

"Picture of what?"

"My family when they were alive. They died nine years ago. At points I miss them and now I wish they had stayed with me more throughout my childhood."

"You are afraid that you might be pregnant?"

"Yes and how did you know that part?"

"Anakin told me about it. You're his cousin and I married him."

"He's got some nerve not asking me to come to the wedding. He knows I can keep a secret."

"We eloped"

"I know but still. He knows after my parents died and after my training I was either with my Jedi or going from family to family. I had no chance to make true friends let a lone a boyfriend."

"I'm going to get dinner ready do you want anything..."

"Nah"

Padme leaves and you put your music on. After awhile you dinner is ready and you eat rather solemnly. Once dinner is done you go to the living room and look out side. Anakin and Padme come in.

"Cousin, is something bothering you?" Anakin inquires.

"No, not really," you reply.

*Mara's POV*

You are working on something when a medical droid comes in to yours and Luke's room.

"Have you seen, Maria Rosa Johnson?" the droid asks.

"She went out for the rest of the day and won't be back sometime tomorrow," you reply.

"Can you give her a message?"

"Sure can what is it?"

"She's pregnant."

You nod your head and the droids go away. You sigh and Luke comes in.

"Why was a medical droid in here?"

"It was looking for Maria and couldn't find her. But now she has to be told that she is pregnant and that is a challenge in itself."

"Yeah it could be. Her com-link should be on though. She should have gone to sleep."

"What do we tell her?"

"Put it nicely that shes pregnant and wait for her to blow her head."

*Your POV*

You are talking to Anakin and Padme about Earth when your com-link/cell phone goes off.

"Hello," you state into it.

"Maria, this is Mara. I have something to tell you," Mara states.

"Okay, just hold on a moment." You stand up and head for privacy. "Okay, Mara, what is it?"

"Your blood work is back."

"Do I want to know?"

"Depends, will you do martial arts and lightsaber combat for nine months?"

"If I'm not pregnant I will. But I'm taking that I'm pregnant."

"Yes, Maria, you are pregnant. I'm sorry but a medical droid had the results and was looking for you."

"You are deadly silent and just looking at your bed."

"Maria? Maria, are you there?"

"Yes, this is bull shit! I don't want to be pregnant not without a husband! What am I supposed to do now? How the heck did I let myself get captured? I should have known better! How am I to put it to my boss in the USA to not send me on missions that might put me and the child in danger?"

"Well you are taking it better than I expected but all things will work out. Hang in there. Right now Luke and I have to tell a few people that you are not available for missions right now."

"Okay, I'll talk to later."

"Okay."

You hang up and bang the bed. You sigh and...