Falling In

Disaster

The rest of the weekend was a pure bore. Ethan drove me home after the hospital, and the little scene we had there kind of made the entire drive awkward. I couldn’t exactly say that it wasn’t bothering me how distant we’ve grown through the years.

Now, who’s fault was it?

I groaned to myself as I flipped the channel.

“I’m bored Avie,” I told my dog that was lounging on the couch next to me. He looked up at me and stood up to lay on my lap. “I’m glad that you’re here.”

The apartment was empty as Deegan, my brother and everybody else helped them move everything back to the old house. I trusted Deegan with how he arranges my room because he was an architect after all, with a background in interior designing. Hey, he might be straight now, but he still has the magic touch when it comes to style.

Christmas just flew by which we all celebrated at our newly remodeled house. My brother, Kyla, my dad, Deegan, Diana and the Frends Crew celebrated it with us. And hell, it was crazy.

The day after Christmas, I walked over to the mailbox, and saw a fancy envelope. I walked back to the house, and flipped it over that had my name written in elegant letters in front. The recipient didn’t have anything written on it but three letters.

YSL

I quickly opened the envelope and sat down on the couch as I read the letter:

Adeline Saint-Lauren requests your presence in Yves Saint-Lauren’s New Year’s party on December 31, 2011 at 11 P.M held in the Eifel Tower in Paris.

Please RSVP as soon as possible so that arrangements could be made for your stay and your flight.

We hope you see you there.

-YSL


“Jacob!” I shouted to the house.

“Yeah?”

“Mind if I ditch you this New Years?” I asked the guy that was standing on the side of the couch, looking at me.

“Why?” he frowned. I gave him the letter that I just received and he quickly read over it. “Whoa. YSL invited you?” he asked. I nodded at him.

“I worked with them a few months ago, that’s probably why,” I told him.

“Yeah. That’s totally fine. I have plans too anyways,” he smiled at me and walked off.

What an ass.

I had called into their RSVP, and they set up everything for me quickly. I was now getting off the plane in Paris, and somebody was scheduled to pick me up.

I was taken to the Four Season’s hotel, which made my jaw drop. I was led into my room that was a huge one bedroom suite.

“Mrs. Saint-Lauren requested for you to have this room,” the chauffer told me with a thick French accent.

“Adeline? Adeline Saint-Lauren?” I asked, mouth agape.

He nodded at me with a slight laugh. “Enjoy your stay, Ms. Descenzo,” he smiled as he closed the door and left me to myself.

I texted my brother that I got to my destination safely, and began exploring the room.

October Of 2010

“Come on, I wanna take you to the dinner with my parents,” he said over the phone.

“Where and when?” I asked.

“It’s gonna be this weekend in Seattle,” he pleaded.

“You do know that this is gonna create a huge commotion in the snowboarding community, right?” I laughed.

“They can say what they want. Hell, I’d tell the entire world if you were mine babe,” he said softly.

I sighed. “Jeremy, can we not right now? I’ll go to the dinner with you,” I said to him.

“Okay, I’ll see you,” he said. “Bye.”

That weekend, I flew to Seattle, and Jeremy met me at the airport. I gave him a quick hug as he took my luggage from me. We went to the hotel where the dinner was to be hosted, and Jeremy got me a suite to stay in.

I looked at the room, mouth agape. “Are you serious?!” I asked.

He shrugged as he put down my luggage. “I’ll be staying in the room across from yours, so I’ll pick you up in two hours for the dinner,” he said and walked out of the room, leaving me to myself in an elegant hotel room.

I quickly dialed my bestfriend’s number, and three way called it to my brother. “Hey, how was the flight?” my brother spoke first.

“It was okay. But dudes. You would not believe this room right now,” I gushed.

“What?”

“I’ll send you a picture,” I said to them and quickly took a picture, and sent it to both of them. I waited for their reaction, and when I got it, I could just imagine them, their jaws dropped.

I quickly said goodbye to them as I began to get ready for the night. I was ready in an hour and a half, cursing to myself that I didn’t ask Diana to help me with what to wear. I wasn’t one to fuss over what I’m wearing, but Jeremy was a good guy, and his parents were designers. They were stockholders for Anne Klein and Calvin Klein. That got me at the edge of my seat. They could be my clients one day, and I’m still starting out my photography career.

The knock came to my door as I put my things in the clutch that I had borrowed from my cousin. I rushed to the door in my 4-inch heels and opened the door to see a sharp looking Jeremy.

“You ready?” he asked me. I nodded as I stepped out of the room with him.

“Thanks for coming with me,” he said as he led me to the elevator.

“You’re welcome,” I nodded at him.

“My parents can be a bit blunt and uhh.. Insensitive sometimes,” he warned.

I instantly got nervous. “I can deal with that,” I said to him with a smile.

We walked into the huge ballroom that had probably more than a hundred people present. “Hey, I thought this was a dinner?” I asked, leaning over to Jeremy.

“Uhh.. It is. It’s uhm… A family dinner and reunion,” he said sheepishly.

I let out a little squeak. “You’re an idiot!” I whispered towards him.

“Sorry,” he frowned.

I was about to say something when a lady came up to us. “Jeremy,” she greeted. “This must be Stella,” she said as she looked at me.

“Stella Grace,” I introduced myself.

“Therese Smith,” she smiled at me. “Well, I’ll meet with you two later, I have to attend to some important guests.”

I heard Jeremy let out a relieved sigh, as he gripped onto my hand tighter. “Hey, my hand,” I warned, snatching my hand out of his iron hard grip.

“Sorry,” he mumbled. “Let’s go to our table,” he smiled reassuringly and stiffly led me to a table. What was going on with him?

I was introduced to a lot of his relatives, and that made my head almost explode. I wasn’t one that remembred everybody’s names.

Therese sat on our table, right in front of me, as she eyed me cautiously as we ate.

“So, Stella, how old are you?” she asked me.

“I’m 20 ma’am.”

She nodded at me. “How do you now my son?”

“We met at Mt. Hood in ’08,” I informed her.

“Oh? So you’ve known eachtoher for two years now,” she nodded. “What do your parents do?” she asked me.

Jeremy stiffened beside me. “My parents are divorced. And my dad works for google,” I told her.

“What area?”

“He works for the financial management of the company.”

Her frown deepened. “And what do you do?”

“I’m a photographer and I compete for snowboarding unprofessionally,” I told her, getting a weird vibe that she didn’t like me.

“And how much do you get off both your jobs?” she said with a slight edge to her voice.

“Enough,” I told her, not liking the way that she was belittling me.

“You do know that we’re stockholders of two of the biggest companies in the fashion industry, right?” she smirked. I bit back a remark. “Are you sure that you’re not just going after my boy because of it?”

“Mrs. Smith, I’d like to assure you that I am no gold digger. I am not with Jeremy, and I do not want any of your money because I can make the money on my own,” I smiled towards her. “I’m sorry but I have to go. I am scheduled for a photo shoot for Louis Vuitton tomorrow bright and early,” I smiled sweetly at her. “Thank you for having me,” I said before grabbing my clutch and standing up and walked out of the ballroom.

“Stella!” I heard him go after me as I entered the elevator. “Why would you say something like that to my mom?” he asked, fuming.

“Go back to your family, Jeremy,” I sighed. “I said what I said. Just go. Leave,” I sighed and got into the elevator as he turned his back to me and left.


Stella Grace Descenzo ; December 2011
I was lounging on my bed as I went through my e-mail. A particular one caught my attention.

Red Bull Sponsorship
Heya Stella! As the subject says, Red Bull would like to set up a meeting with you involving a sponsorship and contract with us. We’d like to set up this meeting as soon as possible. Give us a call, and we’ll set it up! The number is attached below. Thanks!
-Red Bull Staff-


I smiled at the email, doing a fist pump and a happy dance on my bed. The hotel phone rang, scaring me and almost fell off the bed as I scrambled for it.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Is this Stella Grace Descenzo?” a woman’s voice spoke.

“Yes, this is she,” I told her.

“I just wanted to inform you that the chauffer will be picking you up at 10:30 P.M. Mrs. Saint-Lauren would like to meet with you,” she told me.

“Sounds good, thank you,” I said and bid each other goodbye.

Well, I had 2 hours to get ready for this damn dinner. I hope it turns out well and wont be a disaster like the last one.
♠ ♠ ♠
School started today, so I can't promise frequent updates =\
I'm learning Spanish haha.
But I'll try to update as much as I can.
This won't be too long, I promise (: It'll be about 20-25 chapters. 20 at least (:
Well. I only got 3 comments last chapter =\ I hope this one will get more. I really wanna know what you guys think. I don't wanna use up so much time and you guys think it sucks. Well, that's it. thanks for the comments guys (: