Falling In

Pinky Promise

“Stella,” I heard a whisper.

I opened my eyes slightly, and closed them because of the sun that was directly shining at me. I slowly opened them again and saw the small little girl smiling at me.

“Hi,” I smiled at her.

“Good morning,” she whispered.

“Morning,” I chuckled.

“Shhh! Brother is sleeping,” she said to me. I then noticed the warmth that was next to me and the arms wrapped around my waist, and also the body that I was laying on. I looked to my side and saw Ethan quietly asleep.

Elle’s prediction came true. Ethan didn’t come out for a long time. I hung out with her and talked with her about Ethan and whatnot. The last thing I remembered was being on the couch, watching a chick-flick with Elle. I don’t remember being in the room.

“It’s okay, he’s a heavy sleeper,” I assured her.

“He doesn’t like to be waken up,” she said seriously. “He’s gonna be grumpy all day.”

I laughed out loud. “It’s okay, I’ll protect you from your grumpy brother,” I smiled at her.

“I like you, you’re not like Heather!” she said to me with a giggle. I frowned. She’s met Heather? I brushed it off and tried to get out of Ethan’s grip, but it didn’t work. His eyebrows furrowed as he let out a groan and pulled me closer to him, making Elizabeth giggle. “He doesn’t want to let go of you.”

“He’s way too heavy of a sleeper,” I mumbled as I tried harder, but he gripped onto me tighter. “I can kick his a-uhm.. butt, and he still wont wake up,” I huffed.

The little girl giggled again. “You look so in love!”

I blushed and looked at Ethan, seeing a small smile on his face. This asshole’s awake.

“Can you look away for a second?” I asked the little girl.

“Why?” she asked.

“Please?” I asked her. She nodded and turned around, inspecting Avalanche that was on the foot of the bed.

I leaned over and gave Ethan’s lips a small peck, but when I pulled away, he leaned into me, and continued the kiss. “Your sister, you idiot,” I mumbled.

“Can I turn around now?” the little girl asked.

“No,” Ethan said, before attaching his lips to mine again.

“What are you- awwwwww!” the little girl said, and I pushed Ethan away from me. “Awww! You guys just kissed! That’s so cute!” she cooed.

“Elizabeth! Did you wake them up?” Elle asked throwing the door open.

“Yeah I did! And I just saw them k-i-s-s-i-n-g,” she sang sang and jumped off the bed.

“You two have got to keep your hands to yourself,” Elle laughed. “I want you down in 5 minutes, yeah?” she laughed as she closed the door.

“You’re an idiot,” I laughed smacking Ethan lightly.

“You love me,” he laughed.

“Cocky much?” I grinned as I tried to get out of bed.

“We have five more minutes,” he said as he pulled me down. “Four now,” he mumbled with a pout.

“You look like a duck,” I teased, looking at him.

“You look like-,” he paused. “You look like my future,” he winked.

I blushed madly and smacked him. “You’re an idiot.”

“Give your idiot a kiss?” he pouted.

“Fine,” I laughed and pressed my lips to his. His lips were soft and sweet, the kiss was playful and just carefree.

“Come on, your sister might think we’re doing stuff,” I said pulling away.

“Let her think whatever,” he whined.

“I’m hungry!” I whined back.

“Fine,” he huffed and finally let go of me.

“It’s cold!” I screeched when I touched the ground. I realized that it was Ethan’s body that was keeping me warm, since it was fully wrapped around my entire frame.

“Come back here and I’ll keep you warm,” Ethan laughed wiggling his eyebrows at me.

“Let’s go eat!” I told him and walked out of the room.

“Morning,” I greeted, only expecting Elizabeth and Elle, not really expecting Adeline and Carlos on the table too. “Morning,” I squeaked out.

“Stella!” Adeline practically squealed. “It’s great to see you!” she greeted and gave me a huge hug. “I didn’t expect you to be here!”

“Me neither,” I said awkwardly.

“Mom, are you scaring her?” Ethan asked walking into the room.

“Not at all!” she defended.

“Okay, good,” he smiled and hugged me around the waist and kissed my temple, making everyone giggle. Yes, even Carlos.

“Eat, come on! Elle made it,” she said and pushed us towards our seats.

We spent the morning around the table, talking and they shared stories.

“Hey guys, we gotta get going, I promised Jake I’d bring her back before the sun sets,” Ethan said to his family.

“Awwww,” Adeline frowned. “Are you sure you can’t stay another night?” she asked me.

“No, I’m sorry,” I apologized.

We helped Elle get the things cleaned up and do the dishes, and Ethan then got Avalanche and brought him into the car.

“I don’t want you to leave,” Elizabeth said to me with a frown.

Ethan picked her up, and kissed her cheek. “I’ll take her back here okay? I’ll make sure Avalanche comes back too,” he promied her.

“You promise?” she asked.

“I promise,” he said.

“Hey! You!” Elle called out and made her way over to us. “Don’t you dare let go of this girl, you hear me?” she said to her brother sternly.

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. “Ehhhh….,” he dragged out and she smacked him. “I’m just kidding! I won’t!” he said setting Elizabeth down and hugged me around the waist.

“Ethan, you take this girl to visit us soon okay?” Adeline said and gave me a hug. “It was good to see you dear, say hi to your dad for us.”

“I will,” I smiled.

“I’ll see you soon,” Carlos smiled and gave me a hug.

We waved them goodbye, and was about to climb into the car, but Elizabeth stopped us.

“Wait! Wait!” she called out. Ethan and I looked at eachtoher and looked down at her at the same time. “You have to promise me something Ethan!” she said.

“Sure thing Liz,” he said and bent down to her level.

“Pinky promise?” she asked holding out her pinky. He nodded and held out his own. “Pinky promise me that you’ll marry her?” she asked.

Everything seemed so quiet, as my eyes almost bulged out of their sockets and I saw that Elle, Carlos and Adeline were fighting smiles off their faces. Ethan then looked up at me with a smirk and a weird look in his eyes that sent chills down my spine. “I pinky promise Liz,” he said as he hooked his finger with her small one.

“Come on Liz, they have to get going,” Elle called out.

Ethan opened the door for me as I hopped into the truck, and closed the door. I opened my window as I waved once more. Ethan was about to get in, but his mom called him back.

“Ethan! Bring that girl back here with a ring, yeah?” she smirked.

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. “We’ll see ma, we’ll see,” he laughed and got in and we both waved one last time to his family and drove home.
♠ ♠ ♠
awwww I just HAD to. :p a few more chapters left! :D
comments make me smile! :D