Falling In

"Please Don't See Me"

I woke up 5 hours later as I quickly got dressed and packed my stuff. I shoved all my stuff into the trunk of my car and went back into the house to grab the remaining stuff. I stopped at the door, where I saw a note.

Had to leave early. Coffee’s in the kitchen. Just pop it in the microwave for two minutes before you leave. I’ll see you soon, Stella Grace.
-Ethan


I took the note and shoved it into my purse as I ran to my car and began my two hour drive. I arrived at the location at 8:45, and began running towards Studio B where the photoshoot was to be held.

“You must be Stella,” a woman asked when I walked into the room. I nodded at her. “Follow me,” she said as she led me through a maze of clothing racks and through a dressing room and we finally arrived at the studio itself. “You can get set up. We only have the studio for 3 hours.,” she informed me and left.

I got my camera set up as they already had everything else set up. The models had come in, and I introduced myself to them. I told them what I had wanted them to do and let my camera do it’s magic. Two hours of hard work, we were done and packing up. I had sent my pictures to the editors, my boss and myself. I had let the models look at their pictures as well.

“It’s always nice to work with you Grace,” Coco Rocha came up to me.

“Likewise,” I smiled at her. It wasn’t the first time that I’ve done a photo shoot for Victoria’s Secret.

As I got my stuff packed, I went back to my car and eyed the familiar blue Subaru that was right next to mine. No, impossible. Of all the studios and all the cities that he could be assigned in, it would be impossible for him to be here.

I put my stuff in the trunk properly, fixing the mess that I’ve created from that morning. As I shut the trunk, I almost yelped, seeing him. I ducked behind my car, hoping that he wouldn’t see me. I hopped into the car and didn’t waste anymore time speeding off towards the closest airport.

I had returned the car, and got my ticket at the desk as I checked in my one and only bag. I rushed up the stairs towards my flight that was to leave in half an hour, and made a quick phone call to Deegan to pick me up from the airport.

“You do know that you’ll be arriving at like 2 in the morning, right?” he asked.

“Of course,” I laughed. “The exact reason that I called you.”

“You do know that I need my sleep, right?”

I scoffed. “Please, you don’t sleep,” I laughed. “It’s only eight or nine pm D. Please?” I pleaded.

“After I moved all your stuff back to your house, this is how you repay me,” he mumbled.

“What?” I asked as I got into the plane.

“They were done renovating, so you can move back in,” he said.

“Did dad and Jake move back in yet?” I asked him as I sat on the seat I found.

“Not yet. Jake’s still bringing in his stuff. And your dad isn’t home yet,” he explained.

“Oh, well can I stay at your place tonight then?” I asked.

“Yeah. The house is still a mess,” he laughed.

“Thanks Deegs. I’ll see you later,” I said before hanging up and turning my phone off. I then prepared myself for my nine-hour flight.

I walked out of the Reno-Tahoe airport, completely exhausted as I waited for my bestfriend. I saw his black truck pull up as I got out of my seat to greet him. He gave me a hug as he threw my luggage out into the backseat and we both rushed to get into the car to get out of the freezing winter weather.

“How was your trip?” he asked me as he pulled out of the spot he had parked in.

“It was alright,” I mumbled as I looked outside the window, seeing the snow fall from the sky.

“What was Ethan doing there?” he asked casually.

“We ended up getting partnered up and stuff. So we had to work together and yeah,” I mumbled.

“Yeah?” he asked.

“Yeah.”

“There has got to be more than that. You were just in Florida with the guy you’ve been avoiding for the past three years, it’s can’t just be yeah,” he scoffed.

“Okay. It was awkward. I bitched at him. We kind of fought. I had this dream that I said sorry to him, and then I had a dream about my 18th birthday that he drove down here, then the next day, I said sorry to him. Then we went to Universal Studio’s and had this awkward day, and after dinner it was all okay. Then my boss called telling me that our assignments were done, and then you guys called and all that stuff. Then I went to watch a movie after I went to get ice cream and stuff then he and I had a talk about love and then that was the last I saw of him. Oh and this morning he made me my favorite coffee,” I rushed out.

“That was one hell of a day,” he mumbled. “Wait, you talked about love? What?” he asked, as if he heard it wrong.

I nodded at him. “I was watching When In Rome, the one with Josh Duhamel. And well, we kind of had a conversation about it. I was telling him how I understood the girl’s reluctance of not being open about love and not jumping into a relationship,” I said to him.

“You are dumb,” he told me.

“Why?” I asked.

He shook his head at me. “What did he say?”

“He asked if I’d ever fall in love,” I told him honestly.

“And you said?”

“I said no,” I told him simply. “I said that it’s like commiting suicide when snowboarding.”

“But you’d do anything when snowboarding,” he said.

“No, I don’t,” I scoffed.

“You jumped over that train last season!”

“Okay, maybe,” I shrugged.

“What’d he say after that?”

“He said the same thing. That’s I’d take that risk anyways.”

“And you answered?” he raised an eyebrow at me.

“I told him that snowboarding was worth it.”

“Stella Grace, you’re a heartbreaker,” my bestfriend shook his head at me as he pulled into his apartment’s parking.

“What? Did I say anything wrong?” I asked him.

He shook his head at me as he hopped off the car, and opened the back door to get my bag. “All your snowboarding gear are in my room. I figured you wanted them to be the most accessible when you came back,” he said as he led me into his bachelor’s pad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tonight, Tonight.
There’s a party at the roof top
Top Of the World-


“Hello?” I answered groggily.

“Stells!” was the totally cheerful greeting I got back. I squinted at the screen of my phone, reading Squid

“What do you want, Luke?” I asked as I closed my eyes again and laid back down on the bed.

“Are you back in town?” he asked.

“Yes, I am. How’d you know I even left?”

“Deegan.”

“Oh…,” I mumbled.

“Well, we is in town. You wanna ride?” he asked me, a grin obviously on his face from the tone of his voice.

“You’re so ghetto,” I smiled.

“Are you in or not? We’re gonna grab some breakfast first though,” he said.

“Where are you guys riding?” I yawned.

“Northstar.”

“Oh okay. I’ll meet you there after lunch,” I told him as I hung up and laid back down to sleep.

15 minutes later, my bestfriend’s phone rang. “Turn that damn thing off!” I growled as I buried my face into the pillow.

“Hello?” I heard him grunt from a foot away from me. “Yeah, she’s here. She came in last night… Yeah… Around 9… Here,” he said to the phone. “It’s your brother, he wants to talk to you,” I heard Deegan say as he nudged me.

I grabbed the phone from him and put it against my ear. “Yo,” I huffed.

“Why didn’t you call me last night?” Jake asked.

“Sorry, I got in late. I knew you’d be at work until 9, didn’t wanna disturb,” I told him.

“Oh okay. You’ll be fine with Deegan for a few days? They needed to get some wirings done at the house so dad’s gonna be staying with me for a couple days before he flies out again. Then Gerald will be coming into town after that, so can you stay with Deegan for a bit?” he asked.

“I’ll ask him,” I mumbled. “Hey Deegs. Can I stay over for a few more days?” I asked.

“No,” he mumbled. “You wake up early. If you wake up later, yeah,” he said from his side of the bed.

“Yeah, I can,” I told my brother.

“Okay. Oh and tell him he’s dead if he touches you,” my brother mumbled.

“Jake,” I laughed. “He’s not gonna do anything.”

“Jake, touching your sister would be committing incest,” Deegan scoffed from beside me.

“Just so we’re clear. Okay, have fun. Oh and are you riding with the crew today?”

“Yup. Meeting them at lunch.”

“Oh alright. Bye,” he said as he hung up.

“I can’t go back to sleep now,” I mumbled as I sat up on the bed.

“Well I can,” Deegan scoffed.

“You’re a loser,” I huffed as I got up from the bed and stretched. “I’m gonna go ride with them then. Make your own breakfast.”

“Hey!” he called out. “You loser! I want breakfast!” he yelled out as I grabbed clothes and walked into the bathroom.

“Go back to sleep!” I laughed as I hopped into the shower and woke myself up. I walked out of the bathroom fully dressed, and as I predicted, Deegan was passed out cold. I laughed at the boy’s weirdness and grabbed my board from the living room and carried out to his Audi A6 that I hoped that he wouldn’t mind me borrowing.

I drove over to the resort and parked my car in my usual spot that was always available if you got to the resort before 8 in the morning. I grabbed my boots from the back seat, and opened my door to put them on the icy ground and put my sock clad feet in them. I got out of the car and took my backpack from the front seat as I took my board down from the top of the car and started my day of relaxation.
♠ ♠ ♠
uneventful. Sorry.
Sorry late update. I'll update again tomorrow! I was out of town for three days and i left my charger at home. I have my ideas written on paper. just gotta get them on mibba! :D