Status: A lot of things have been coming up and I know I've been saying that I'm gonna post chapters but then it never happens, so I'm just gonna start posting them whever I get the chance, just to let you guys know.

Life in Konohagakure

Rude Awakening

BEEP BEEP BEEP! "Ugh..." I sat upright in bed and stared angrily at my alram clock. I picked it up, and chucked it at the wall. "Stupid alarm clock..." I mumbled to myself. I slowly got up out of bed and looked in the mirror. My short brown hair that hung right above my shoulders looked more like an afro, and my grey-blue eyes, were blood-shot. I yawned, not really caring about my appearance, and headed into the bathroom. I took off my pajamas and turned on the shower. I stepped inside and closed the shower door. The warm water felt good on my skin, and it felt like all my worries were being flushed down the drain. After I washed my hair and body, I got out and changed into my usual clothes. Only this time I put on my new headband. I decided to wrap it around the upper part of my right arm. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. I officially looked like a ninja!
All of a sudden I heard a knock on the door. I figured it was Hinata coming to walk with me to meet Kureni sensei, but it was only 6:00, we still had an hour. I headed downstairs and opened the door. Surprisingly, Kiba stood in my doorway, bearing a sheepish grin.
"Sorry...did I wake you?"
"No, but what are you doing here so early?" I asked, a puzzled look on my face.
"You promised me you were gonna teach me how to run faster. Remember?"
"Well I didn't mean this early.." I said, rubbing the back of my neck."
"Oh, sorry..."
"No, it's ok. I'll teach you after we train with Kureni sensei. I was just going to leave to get something for breakfest, you can join me if you like."
"Sounds good," he replied grinning.
We stopped by a diner and got some dango to go, and we ate it on the way to meet the rest of the team. I smiled as Kiba removed one of the dumpling from his skewer thingy and toss it to Akamaru, who caught it in his mouth. I looked at Kiba, then back at Akamaru.
"You guys are close,"
"Huh?" Kiba said, not quite hearing what I said.
"You two...you guys are pretty close, aren't you?"
"Of course! Akamaru and I are the best of friends, no doubt about it!"
"Arf!" Akamaru agreed.
I put both hands behind my head and stared up at the sky the rest of the way, lost in thought. We were the first ones to arrive at the academy, so we just sat on a bench in silnce until the others got there.
Hinata and Shino arrived about 5 minutes after we did, and Kureni sensei was the last to show.
"Sorry I'm late everyone, but the Hokage called me into his office and I had to take care of a few things for him," she apologized.
"Don't worry, you didn't keep us waiting long," I assured her.
"That's good, because today you guys are going on your first mission."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll be posting the next chapter soon!