Stolen Seconds

Twenty Six: Bobby Mackey's

I opened my hand and she put the keys in my palm. She got into the passenger seat and I drove us to my house. We both walked into the house and she set her purse down on the kitchen counter and then just stared out the front window. I watched her as I let Ridley out.

I walked over and stood behind her. I wrapped my arms around her waist. I felt her hands overlap mine and I asked,” What would you like for dinner tonight?”

She shrugged,” I can make dinner.”

I shook my head, “It’s alright. How about we order Chinese food?”
She nodded,” That’s fine with me.”

She definitely was acting different so I turned her around and said,” Please cheer up. I don’t like see you like this.”

Then her eyes started tearing up again. I wiped a tear from her cheek. I stated,” If he can’t accept you for who you are he doesn’t deserve to see how wonderful you are. So forget him and just think about where we will be in about two weeks.”

She rested her head on my chest and we both just stood there listening to each other breathe. I hugged her tightly and then said,” why don’t you go start the fire place and Ill order the food.”
She took a deep breath and replied,” Okay.”

I grabbed my IPhone from my back pocket, walked out back, and ordered our food.

~Ginny’s POV~

I bent down in front of the fire place trying to get the fire started. I just wanted this day to end and start a new one. I guess I can say that my life is never boring. I watched as the flames sprung to life. I decided that even though I had turquoise spandex underneath my dress, I should still change into pajamas.

I stood up and took a few steps then I remember I didn’t have any pajamas with me. I crossed my arms; disappointed that I would now have to go back to my penthouse. Zak walked back inside the house and asked,” What’s that face for?”

I replied,” I don’t have anything to sleep in so ill have to go home tonight.”

He shook his head and grabbed my hand, pulling me to his bedroom. He slipped a shirt off a hanger and handed it to me. I smirked,” Thanks.”

I wasn’t sure if he was even fully out of the room before I pulled the dress I was wearing over my head so I was only wearing turquoise spandex and a matching lace bra. Turns out, he didn’t even leave the room all the way. He happened to look over his shoulder as he exited and stayed in the doorway. He looked all embarrassed when I noticed that.

He chuckled and then walked back to the living room. I arched an eyebrow and then grabbed his bedspread and pillows and dragged them to the living room.

He questioned,” What are you doing!?”

I answered,” Trust me. It makes sitting in front of a fire so much better.”

He laughed as I took my time to set up the bedding in front of the fire place. When I was finally done I sat cross legged in the middle of the bedding and then patted a spot next to me for him. But before he could sit down I hopped up. I stated,” Hang on I forgot something in the car.”

I left him inside with a confused look on his face. I came back into the house with the box I took from my parents’ house. I set it right behind where we were sitting a pulled a photo book out from the box.

I opened it and showed him my high school years. There were pictures from my summer softball league and one of my winning catches. There were a few DVDs I promised him we would watch one day of some of my cheers and dances. Then there were pictures from Cheer and from winning homecoming queen twice in a row for junior year and senior year. The last couple photos were from my graduation and a couple of my first modeling pictures.

Zak concluded,” Well I couldn’t have pictured your high school years any different, Weird that we would end up together.”

I cocked my head and asked,” Why would you say that?”

Zak stated,” Well let’s see, your pretty, talented, and smart, all what a popular girl entails. I was the weird goofy guy in high school. I wasn’t all tight with the football team or whatever.”

I added,” I still don’t see why it’s weird that we would be together. Sure I was part of the popular crowd but I wasn’t like those stereotypical cheerleaders. Plus that weird goofiness you have defines you. It made you who you are. And you’re better than any football player who is too cool and cocky for anyone. (I shrugged.) I simply love your personality.”

He smiled warmly at me and then kissed me sweetly on the lips preventing me from praising him more. We were interrupted by the doorbell ringing. He groaned and got up to get our food from the delivery guy.

I heard the door shut and next thing I knew my food was dangling in front of my face. I seized my food and began to dig into my teriyaki chicken and rice. While we ate we chatted about the most interesting things about our high school careers avoiding anything that had to do with family.

We spent the whole time just laughing at our embarrassing moments or glorifying moments. As the fire began to die, we were lying down and slowly falling asleep. We were stuffed from the food and just exhausted from the day. I had my head on Zak’s chest and he was gently playing with my hair. My eye lids flittered as they struggled to stay open.

My eyes opened and I realized that we had fallen asleep on the floor. We were pretty much in the same position from last night. I sighed when I heard my phone buzzing on counter so silently and softly I got up off the floor and padded to the counter. It was my flight schedule for when I got back from Ireland. Since it was the 23rd of April I had exactly two weeks till we leave for Ireland. Wow it really was still April. My relationship with Zak was speeding up. We had met a day or two before our birthdays and we were already having sleepovers. It had gone faster than a lot of my other relationships but as I looked over at the sleep Zak, it made me not care about how fast this was going. I really cared for that guy. There was just something about him that made me fall so quickly. I smiled to myself as I set my phone back down.

I was walking back to the makeshift bed when there was a knock on the door. I shot the door a dirty look and looked out the peephole to see Aaron. I opened the door and he laughed,” Oh well hello there! I was expecting Zak.”

I rolled my eyes and laughed as I let him in. Aaron saw Zak still sleeping on the floor and
stated,” What a sleepy head! It’s noon!”

I asked,” so what’s up?”

Aaron said,” I came to talk about Zak’s experiment idea for the Winchester Mystery House.”

I replied,” The calling ghosts from other location thing?”

Aaron nodded and continued,” We need to find someone to go to Bobby Mackey’s.”

I noticed that Aaron shivered as he said the name of one of their old locations. I looked from Zak to Aaron and then to my phone. I examined my schedule.

I suggested,” I have a flight from Ireland back to Vegas a few days after you three leave so how about ill change one of the flights after that to Kentucky so I can help with the investigation and the experiment.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The bra ginny is wearing
Zak's shirt Ginny wears to bed

For anyone who has seen the Winchester Mystery episode, it was creepy! So i thought i would include that in here! So i kinda forgot what day it was supposed to be in the story. so i kinda just guessed. sorry haha.