I'll Be Your Number One With a Bullet

Chapter 1

I didn’t want to move to Maryland. I didn’t really like Chicago, but I would rather be there, with my huge group of friends and endless amounts of popularity than at a new school, coaching my quiet sister through everything.
Don’t get me wrong, I love Harmony but the whole quiet thing? Yeah it can get irritating. I laid awake, staring at the ceiling for a while, before the gnawing fear at my stomach got too much. I got up out of bed and crawled in next to Harmony.
“Hey Harmony?” I whispered.

“Yeah Alexx?” She said, her voice thick with sleepiness.
““I’m scared. I don’t want to go tomorrow. What if no one likes us?” I said, my voice tinged with fear. Harmony flipped over on her side to face me.

“With your personality? People will have to love you. It’s me I’m concerned about.” She said, and I felt a little bad for thinking so badly of her earlier. I cuddled closer to her, hearing her sigh deeply. I fell asleep, the sound of my sisters breathing in my ear.
I woke up the next morning, the harsh ringing in my ear and my sister shaking me awake. I let out a loud groan, and Harmony was already up, getting out our uniforms like the responsible sibling she was. She was dressed and applying a light layer of makeup when I finally dragged my body out of bed. I got dressed, running a brush through my hair and the messing it up purposefully, taking in my appearance. My sister had kept her natural blonde hair, while I had dyed mine brown. My eyes were a clear green while hers were a darker green- almost brown. We were different heights, me at 5’3 and her at 5’6. It was annoying how much taller she was than me. She was prettier, in my opinion, but she was so quiet all the time, and it put guys off.
The whole situation was pretty sad honestly.
I walked down stairs and grabbed a quick bite to eat, before hopping in the car with Harmony.She drove since I was so fucking nervous. I sighed as we pulled into the school and she turned to me, smiling.
“We can do this.” We touched fists quickly, before walking to the office.
“Can I help you girls?” the older woman at the desk asked us.

“Um, yeah. We’re new.” Harmony said.

“Last name?” she said.

“James. Our names are Harmony and Alexxandria.” She responded quickly before I could open my mouth.

“If I got those wrong, just flip them. These are your schedules and locker numbers. Today is A schedule.” she said. She had given us the right ones, thank fucking god.

“What’s you’re schedule?” I said.

“Uh, A schedule. Art, History, Lunch, Science, Trig. B schedule. Government, AP English, Lunch, Spanish, Free Period.” She said, studying her page.
“Hey, We have History, Trig, and Spanish together! Good luck!” I said, before going my own way. I turned around and ran into a guy.
A very cute guy.
“Woah there.” He said, grabbing my shoulders.
“Oh my god I’m sorry.”
“Nah, you’re good. I’m Alex, are you new?”
“Oh that’s weird, I’m Alexx. And yeah, just started about ten minutes ago and I’m super lost.”
“Lemme see your schedule.” I handed it to him, and we I had AP English, History, AP Earth and Environmental Science, Lunch, and then Trig for A Schedule, and then PE, Civics, Lunch, Spanish, AP Music Theory, and then AP Music History.
“Holy shit, you must be fuckin’ smart.” I flushed a little, and smiled.
“Yeah kinda I guess.”
“Well well well, what do we have here?”
“Jack! Just the man I was looking for, Alexx here is new, help her out, you guys have similar schedules.”
“Yeah sure bro. Alanah’s looking for you.” Alex winked at Jack at the mention of the girls name and Jack flushed.
“Alright I’ll go find her.” Alex walked off leaving me with Jack.
“I’m Jack!” He said, he was pretty cute too.
“I’m Alexx! I said, grinning.
“Let’s get you to your locker and then to first period. Which we happen to have together, this is exciting. I have that with Alanah, you’re gonna love her. She’s great.” His whole face lit up when he was talking about the mysterious Alanah.
“She seems pretty cool.” I said, smiling. He led me to my locker which was across the hall from his. He then swung an arm around my shoulder, leading me to AP English, where we were greeted by a very, very short girl.
“Jack Attack!” She said, smiling cutely.
“Alanah!” She bounced over, and I could tell I was gonna like this chick.
Her and Jack shared an adorable hug, mainly cause she couldn’t be five feet, and he was at least 6’2.
“Alanah, this is Alexx!”
“Oh my god I totally just met your twin dude!” I grinned.
“Harmony? Yeah we’re twinsies.”
“TWINNING!” Jack yelled, and a couple of guys laughed and yelled it back.
“Are you two like...popular?” Alanah shrugged.
“Jack is, but me, not so much.”
“Shut the fuck up Alanah, everyone loves you.” She shrugged, blushing a little. Jack grinned down at her, their chemistry obvious.
The bell rang right as I found my seat with Alanah and Jack at the back of the classroom. A teacher ran in five minutes after the bell rang, looking flustered.
“Sorry I’m late class, traffic and such.” She said. She got set up and I rolled my eyes at nothing in particular as she read a note.
“Oh, well class, we have a new student, Alexxandria?”
“Just Alexx, thanks.” I said, giving her a quick closed mouth smile.
“Oh! Okay, well class, that’s Alexx, I can see you’ve met Alanah and Jack, I hope you two are making her feel welcome. Especially you Alanah. Maybe you’ll keep those two out of trouble.” I cocked an eyebrow.
“Yeah, maybe.” With that, class started.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey! it's alanah! this is tori and I's co-write, I hope y'all enjoy.

read my other stories Here!

xoxo
<3
alanah