Status: Complete!

Whoever She Is

If it hurts this much, then it must be love

It had been two days since her break up with Garrett, and in those two day she had done nothing but pretty much cry when she was alone. When ever she was around her mom she acted like nothing was wrong. She led her mom to believe that her and Garrett were still together and fine.
She stared at her TV screen watching Star Wars Attack of The Clones play. As stared at the battle going on her TV she thought back to the numerous times that she watched Star Wars with Garrett.
Everything reminded her of the boy who broke her heart and she gave everything to. Just the thought of Garrett’s last words to her made her cry.
She never dreamt that when she and Garrett broke up it would end like that. She honestly never even thought they would break up. She really though he was the one. She could really see herself marrying the guys she was madly in love with, but that wasn’t going to happen now.
She wondered if he was as torn up as she was. He had to be as heartbroken as she was. She thought to herself.
She walked downstairs to find her mom on the phone with someone as she pulled a bottle of water from the fridge. She turned around to walk back upstairs and continue watching Star Wars in silence.
Grace that was Mrs. Nickelsen, when were you going to tell me that you and Garrett broke up?” He mom asked her right before she even got her foot on the first stair.
“I don’t know. Nobody knows, so don’t feel like the lone ranger.” She said walking back into the kitchen.
“Why did you break up?” Her mom asked concerned.
“Because he found out that I’ve been texting Alek and it turned into something more, and he broke up with me.”
“Did you cheat on him with Alek?” Her mom.
“No I would never cheat on Garrett.”
“Are you okay?” Her mom asked pulling Grace into a hug.
“Not really. Today was supposed to be our six month.” She whispered as she began to cry.
“I know honey.” Her mom said holding her close.
“Mrs. Nickelsen said that Garrett is really torn up and really hasn’t left his room since you guys broke up.”
“It looks like we’re in the same boat then.” She said as her mom released her.
“I love you Grace, and just know everything’s going to be okay.”
“I love you too mom.” She said heading towards the stairs.
When she walked into her room she walked over and pressed play on her DVD player unpausing Star Wars. She walked over to her bed and sat down cross legged. She watched the fight sense flash in front of her as all the Clones started to attack. She let out a sigh remembering that this was Garrett favorite scene in the movie.
She heard a knock on her door and curiously looked at the door wondering if it was her mom or one of the girls.
“Come in.” She said.
“So how are you feeling?” She heard a raspy voice say.
“I didn’t expect to see you here.” She said looking into his green eyes.
“I got worried I hadn’t heard from since I dropped you off the other day.” He said walking over and sitting on the edge of the bed next to her.
“Are you worried that I killed myself or something?” She asked realizing how much John really cared about her.
“No I know you wouldn’t do that. I was just worried about you.” He asked staring into her grey eyes. “Have you and Garrett talked yet?”
“Why don’t you ask Garrett that?”
“See I would if he would pick up my phone calls.” He said.
“No I haven’t talked to him, and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t want to hear my voice or see me. He doesn’t love me any more.” She said as tears started welling up in her grey eyes.
“He still loves you, he’s just mad.” John said trying to make her feel better.
“I hope he still does.”
“Do you mind if I watch Star Wars with you?” He said walking over to the other side of the bed and lying down.
“Of course not.” She said smiling.
After finishing Star Wars John told Grace he had to go home for dinner and told her he would talk to her later that night.
He got in his car and drove straight to Garrett’s house. He didn’t know how, but he was going to get Garrett and Grace back together no matter what. He hated knowing that both of them were so miserable.
He knocked on the door and Trey answered the door. “I need to talk to Garrett.” John said.
“He’s in his room. You should try to get him out of there.” Trey said stepping aside.
“I’m going to try my best.” John said walking towards the stairs. When he got to Garrett’s door he heard Love Is Hell being blasted through Garrett’s speakers. He rolled his eyes as he opened the door not bothering to answer the door.
“Get your ass up.” John said busting into his room and walking over towards the speakers to turn the music off.
“What the fuck John?” Garrett asked annoyed sitting up.
“You’re getting up and your going to go get back together with Grace.” John said standing in front of him.
“Why the hell should I get back together with her?” He asked standing up.
“Because she didn’t cheat on you, and she asked Alek to stop texting her. Also you two are miserable without each other.”
“Why do you care if I’m with Grace? You know if I’m not with Grace that means she’s single.” Garrett said before laying back down on his bed.
“She doesn’t want me Garrett. She wants you, and she thinks you hate her.”
“I don’t hate her.” He said simply.
“Will she’s heartbroken and a complete mess. You need to fix this.”
“How the hell am I going to fix this? I pretty much called her a whore.” Garret said sitting up.
“I don’t know how you’re going to fixes this, but I do know you’re going to go to her house. You’re going to tell you’re sorry for calling her a whore, and your going to get her back.”
“Ok. Thanks John.” Garrett said walking towards the door.
“You’re welcome Garrett. Do me a favor and don’t screw this one up.” John said as Garrett took of down the hall.
He drove as quickly as possible to Grace’s. When he got there he knocked on the door and waited for somebody to answer. His heart sped up when Mrs. Malone answered the door.
“Garrett are you here to hurt my daughter some more?” Mrs. Malone asked crossing her arms over her chest.
“No I’m here to try to fix everything.” He said giving her pleading eyes.
“Ok.” She said stepping aside.
He walked up the stairs and each step he took his heart began to pound. He didn’t know how he was going to fix this or if he even could fix it. He knocked on the door and held his breath as she twisted the door knob.
“Garrett.” She said with puffy red eyes. He could tell she had been crying.
“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything.”
“What are you sorry for? I’m the whore remember?”
“You are the farthest from a whore.” He said following as she walked over to her bed.
“I see you’re watching Revenge Of The Sith.” He said smiling.
“Your favorite right?” She asked sitting on the edge of her bed.
“Yeah it is my favorite.” He said sitting next to her.
“I’m sorry I’m the biggest asshole in the world.” He said lightly placing his hand on her knee.
“It’s okay.” She said laying her head on his shoulder.
“Will you be my girlfriend again?” He said before kissing the top of her head.
“Yeah I will.”
“I love you.” He whisper as he laid down on the bed pulling her with him.
“I love you too.” She said resting her head on his chest.
“So were okay?” He asked.
“Yeah.” She said before lightly pressing her lips to his.
“Happy six months.” He whispered as she rested her head on his chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title is from You Me At Six's Always Attract
* So this is the end. I don't know what to say. I'm happy that this story is finished, but at the same time it saddens me it's finished. I started writing this story back in June and I posted the the first chapter on August 2nd, and 128 pages, 40 chapters, and 42,134 words later it's finished. I'm not sure if this was the ending everyone wanted, but I didn't know what else could possibly happen.
* I need to thank katnisseverdeen for helping me come up with the drama for this story. I don't know where this story would have went without her. I would also like to thank astheonlybirdsings for help me out when ever I need help on this.
* Even if you have never commented on this story it would mean the world to me if you commented now and let me know what you thought of this story.
* Also thank you to astheonlybirdsings, forevernalways, ChangeMeForever, imbetterthenyou, mondayeyes;, skatmurph24, JessAshton, SoWrongItsJordii, musiclovex3, drownthesememories for commenting. I can never thank you enough.
* Thank you to everyone who read this story.