Don't Look At Me Like That (Patrick Kane)

Don't Look At Me Like That (Patrick Kane) Chapter 10: Why Are You Guys So Overprotective?

Kelsey’s POV

I watched as energetic hockey players filed into my apartment in their PJ’s.

“What are you guys doing here!?” I heard Patrick ask them.

“Well when Tazer called us and said you never came home so we assumed you stayed the night at Kelsey’s and we didn’t know what you guys were doing so we thought we could all have one big sleepover!” Sharp said patting me on the back.

“You guys are so overprotective! We weren’t doing anything!” I screeched pushing Seabrook’s night bag to the side.

“Dude! I’m not a little kid! Since when are you my father and care if I’m home or not!” Kane yelled at Toews who just shrugged.

I looked at all of them with their pajamas on. For gods sake Seabrook had spongebob ones on! I just started laughing, and soon enough I was cracking up. Tears were streaming down my face and then everyone else started laughing.

“Fine you guys can stay!” I managed to get out while wiping the tears from my eyes.

“WHOOOOO!!!!!!!!! SLUMBER PARTY!!!” Cried Versteeg

I giggled and went over to my kitchen and took out all my popcorn. I looked at the clock and it was 1 in the morning.

Well I guess I’m not getting good sleep tonight!

I told the guys to move the couch and table out of my living room so I could set up all the sleeping bags, and me and Patrick were in my kitchen popping all my bags of popcorn.

“Well I might as well get into my PJS” I said looking down at my rumpled clothes from earlier.

“Ok I’m gonna go see if Tazer has some extra clothes too.” Patrick said

I went to my room and closed the door. I went to my drawer and pulled out some soft cotton shorts, and then pulled out a cami and sweater. As I was pulling on my cami someone opened my door. I quickly pulled on the cami and whipped around to see who opened it.

“Sharpie what the hell is wrong with you!?” I said looking at a surprised Sharp.

“Ohhhh well we couldn’t find you or Kaner and saw your door closed…” He said slowly.

“YOU ARE SO ANNOYING!” I screamed and lunged at him

He ran out the door but I managed to jump on his back and he fell forwards and I flew and fell on top of his back.

“HA! That’s what you get!” I laughed evily

I got up as Patrick walked out from the bathroom in a loose shirt and some sweatpants which I assumed were Johnny’s.
He stopped when he saw Sharp on the floor.

“Oh so that’s where he was.” Sharp said getting up and wincing at his sore back.

“Awwwww does your back hurt?” I said mockingly

He grunted and walked back to the living room. I chuckled and went back into my room to put on my sweater.

“Hey Patrick can you help me carry the blankets?” I said from inside my room.

“Yeah sure.” He said walking into my room.

I went over to my closet and pulled out all my blankets and threw them at Patrick’s face. He struggled to hold them all. I went over to my bed and pulled off my pillows. I threw them at Patrick who failed to catch them. I giggled as I saw him try to peek over the pile of blankets.

“Ummm I can’t exactly see!” He said playfully and dropped the blankets.

He ran towards me and gently tackled me onto the bed. I shrieked as he started to tickle me.

“Stop stop stop! Patrick!” I giggled as he continued to tickle me.

He finally stopped and gently kissed me. I kissed back and wrapped my arms around his neck. I soon reliezed that he was on top of me and if Sharp walked in on us now he would get the wrong impression.

“You know Patrick, we should probably go before one of your teamates find us like this and kill us both” I said running my hand through his curly hair that I loved.

“Yeah your probably right. We wouldn’t want old Sharpie to have a heart attack” He said getting off me and picking the blankets off the floor.

I grabbed the pillows and walked to the living room with Patrick right behind me. Well I guess someone had turned the TV on and all the guys were staring at the TV like it was the most amazing invention. I shook my head and spread out all the sleeping bags the guys brought. Then I threw the blankets over them and put the pillows on the floor.

“Need any help Kels?” Hjalmarsson came up to me.

“Ummm actually yeah can you come get the popcorn in the kitchen with me?”

“Sure no problem.”

At least there was one hockey player that had the decency to offer help. He grabbed 4 huge bowls from my cabinet and I filled them with popcorn.

“So do you have any whipped cream?” He asked suddenly

“Do I have whipped cream?” I asked confused

“Yeah I was thinking we could give Sharpie a taste of his own medicine” He said

I finally understood what he meant by whipped cream. Ohhhh this was going to be good!

“Ohhh! You have a dark side Mr. Hjalmarsson!” I said excitedly

“OK so when he falls asleep we shall put our plan into action!” He said evily

“Oh yeahhh. Here give me your cell phone number. I’ll text you when everyone is sleeping and if I fall asleep you wake me up!”
I said putting my phone number into his phone and he put his into mine.

We grinned at each other and we grabbed the bowls of popcorn and walked into the living room smiling.