Don't Look At Me Like That (Patrick Kane)

Don't Look At Me Like That (Patrick Kane) Chapter 9: This is Why I Hate Scary Movies

Kelsey’s POV

I woke up in my room and the first thing that came to my mind was Patrick. He was so sweet and cute and everything! All I knew was that I wanted to see him again! I got out of bed and walked into my kitchen.

Ugh I am so tired

I was just about to sit on the chair when my phone rang. My Phone!? It could be Patrick!

“PHONE!!!! PHONEEEE!!!!” I screamed
instantly awakening

I ran over to my room, took a deep breath and answered

“Hello?” I said excitedly

“Kelsey! So now you don’t have time to talk to your best friend anymore!?” Emma cried over the phone

“Oh it’s you.” I said all disappointed

“Well excuse me for trying to keep a friendship!” She said loudly

“Ok Ok fine sorry! I just kind of hoped it would be Patrick!”

“Oooooo! Cutee!” She squealed.

We continued to talk until I heard a beeping sound. Oh My God someone was on the other line.

“Umm Emma can I talk to you later? Someone is calling me on the other line!” I said hoping it was Patrick this time.

“Yes dear Kelsey, go talk to your prince charming!” She said with a dramatic voice.

“Thanks Em, I’ll talk to you soon!” I said as I hung up and took the other call.

“Hey Baby” The sound of his voice gave me butterflies!

“Hey! I was hoping you would call today” I responded

Oh yeah great. Tell him you were waiting hopefully for his call like a loser! Nice one Kels!

“I miss you” He said sweetly

“I miss you too! You know you should come over later. We can hang out or something” I said pacing around my kitchen.

“Yeah sounds cool. I’ll come by later ok? He said

“Yeah I’ll see you later!”

“Bye baby”

“Bye”

I hung up and squealed with joy. What was wrong with me!? I was acting like such a little kid!

I decided to get ready and go for a run. I threw on my sweats and a blackhawks hoodie grabbed my keys and ran out the door. I ran around my block and down Emma’s street. I might as well stop by for a bit. I ran up to her apartment and rang for her. She opened the door for me and I stepped into her apartment.

“In here!” She cried out

I walked into her living room and found her sprawled on her couch in her Sharp shirt of course. Her dark brown hair was in a messy bun, and she was painting her nails with a bright red.

“Hola” She said as I walked in

“Hey Em”

“How are you Mrs. Kane?” She asked giggling

I felt my cheeks get hot.

“I’m good, I just thought I would stop by and talk to you for a bit.”

We talked about a lot of things, but mostly about Patrick and I. It felt good to tell my best friend everything that happened. I told her how he was coming over later on tonight.

“You better get home then!” She said when I told her he was coming over

“No need to push me out of your apartment!”

“No go now! Get ready for your lover coming over.” She laughed

“Ok ok fine! I’ll talk to you later” I said standing up and walking to the door.

“Ok bye! Have fun later!” She said and I walked out the door.

I ran back to my apartment and kicked off my shoes. I went into my room and turned on the shower. After I took a nice long shower I wrapped myself in a towel. Then the doorbell rang.

Who the heck was at my door!?

Whoever was at the door was very impatient because they kept on ringing the damn bell frantically.

“Ok I’m coming!” I screamed

I wrapped the towel tightly around my body and walked to the door. Well whoever it was, this was going to be awkward.

I opened the door and standing there was Patrick with a bunch of flowers.

“Oh my god… umm hi” I said instantly crossing my arms across my chest.

“Ohhh umm sorry! I didn’t mean to come so early I just thought you would wanna go out to lunch or something first.” He stuttered looking at me up and down.

“Umm yeah… this is awkward. How about you come in, and I go and put some clothes on!” I said as I looked down at my short white towel.

“Yeah sounds good” He said as I ran off into my room and locked the door.

Ok that was not what I expected

I ran to my closet and rampaged through it. I took out some skinny jeans and a plain white V neck shirt. I threw them on and went to the bathroom and quickly scrunched my hair. I clipped on my heart necklace and walked out of my room.

Patrick was sitting on the couch looking at a hockey magazine that was on my table.

“Ok now I’m ready. Sorry about that I didn’t mean for it to be awkward or anything” I said laughing to myself

“No no it’s ok. I should have called or something” He chuckled and he gave me a sweet kiss on the lips.

“So do you want to go out to eat?” He asked me

“Yeah that sounds nice”

“Do you want to go anywhere in specific?”

“Nope, surprise me” I said smiling as he took my hand and we walked out of my apartment.

“I know the perfect place” He said while driving.

We walked hand in hand into this nice cozy Italian place. I had a really nice time. Ha made everything perfect, and we talked about everything. I learned a lot more about him today, and I told him things that I never tell anyone.

As we went back to my apartment I told him he could stay and we could watch a movie.

“What movie do you want to watch?” I asked him

“How about his one” He said searching through my movie stash and pulling out Paranormal Activity

Oh Joy. Emma made me buy that movie, and I never did watch it because I HATE scary movies.

“Ummmm I’m not exactly a fan of scary movies” I said sitting on the couch

“Come on Kels, I’ll be right next to you and I won’t let anything happen to you”

“Yeah but then you might have to spend the night because I am not sleeping alone after watching that!” I said

“I’ll spend the night, but if you want me too” He said putting the DVD in and sitting down next to me.

“Yeah I do want you to stay the night” I said quietly pulling the blanket over us.

“Ok then” He said kissing the top of my head.

We began to watch the movie and with every scary part I would bury my face in his arm or chest and he would just hold me tighter. He stretched out on the couch and put his feet up so he was laying down. I moved so that I was laying down next to him with my head on his chest.

We were about halfway through the movie before I started to dose off.

Kane’s POV

About halfway through the movie I asked her a question, but then realized she had fallen asleep when she didn’t respond. I smiled as I watched her sleep. She looked so peaceful when she was sleeping. I started to get tired too, and I fell asleep before the movie was even finished.

BOOM BOOM BOOM!

What was that?

I woke up as I heard the noise and then Kelsey screamed and jumped up from the couch.

Kelsey’s POV

I woke up at the loud noise coming from behind my door. I jumped off the couch screaming and ran into Patrick’s arms

“Someone’s at the door!” I whisperedto him

“Ok Ok hold on I’m going to go see who it is” He said grabbing a vase of my table

“Nooo wait! What if it’s someone trying to kill us!” I said grabbing onto his arm
This is what happens when i watch scary movies... I get all freaked out and paranoid

“Kelsey! It’s not someone trying to kill us!” He said walking to the door.

“Ok then wait I’m coming with you!” I ran after him.

We stopped in front of the door and I took a deep breath. He swung open the door and held the vase up high ready to hit whoever it was.

We both gasped when we saw who was on the other side of the door.

“SURPRISE SLEEPOVER!” Everyone yelled as Versteeg, Kopecky, Sharp, Hjalmarsson, Seabrook, and a pissed looking Toews came through the door.

 

I looked at Patrick who had the same dumbfounded expression I had.

What the hell was going on?