Don't Look At Me Like That (Patrick Kane)

Don't Look At Me Like That (Patrick Kane) Chapter 22: Welcome!

Kelsey's POV

I looked out the window as the plane landed. The lights that represented buildings were just like Chicago.

FLASHBACK

Kris came and picked me up. I sat in the passenger seat and neither of us said anything. He didn’t even have to ask what happened. I think he knew very well what just happened.

“Come to Pittsburgh with us Kels. Just for a little while.” Kris said finally breaking the silence.

“You know, that sounds like a good idea.” I said sighing as I told him the way to my apartment.

Once we got there I went in and got a luggage I stuffed random clothes into it and I came across a hoodie that Patrick left here. I tossed it on the floor of my room. I left my room, but I also left the only thing that I could have of Patrick. I got all my belongings that I needed and grabbed my bag. My phone vibrated every 10 seconds so I turned it off without bothering to look at the messages. I quickly changed and put on some yoga pants and my north face hoodie.

“I’m ready” I said walking back to Kris who was waiting on my couch.

I looked around my apartment and my heart fell. Why did this happen? Everything was going so great. As on cue tears started to fall again.

“Come on Kels, don’t worry about it. You’ll be back and everything will be better.” Kris said supportively taking my hand.

I sighed one last time and we walked out of my apartment hand in hand.

PRESENT

I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Welcome to Pittsburgh Kels.” Jordan Staal said taking me luggage and carry on to help me out.

“Thanks Jor” I said grabbing my bag and following him off the plane.

“So you’ll be staying with Kris as you already probably know” He said walking out of the plane.

“Yup” I said popping the P at the end.

I wanted to check my phone. I wanted to see if there were any messages from Patrick. I wanted to see if there were messages from the team. I wanted my Blackhawks back.

I stopped myself and threw it back into my purse. I walked alongside Jordan our arms occasionaly brushing each other.

I wanted to be comforted.

I wanted Emma

I wanted Patrick

We made our way to Kris’s house. Jordan and Kris walked in with my luggage and carry on. Kris led me to his spare room and I sat down on the bed.

“So I guess this is my new home for a while” I said looking around already getting used to it.

Jordan could detect the sadness in my eyes and sat down next to me while Kris went to go bring in my stuff.

“It’s gonna be fine Kels, you know Kaner. He was probably too wasted to realize what was happening” Jordan said brushing the hair out of my face.

I leaned my head against his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around me.

“Staalsy I think she needs some rest.” Kris said walking back into the room with my stuff.

“Thanks guys, I really appriciate this” I said standing up and giving both of them a hug.

“No problem. We’re here for you.” Kris said

“Just you wait! In the next few weeks you’ll feel tons better! We are gonna have many adventures my dear friend.” Jordan said wiggling his eyebrows.

I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Goodnight guys” I said rummaging through my bag for my pjs which were some polka dot sleeping shorts and a blue tee shirt.

“Night! Don’t forget we don’t have practice until the afternoon tomorrow so you don’t have to worry about waking up early” Jordan said walking out.

“Night kels, My house is your house so feel free to use anything and do anything you want” Kris said closing the door behind him.

I thanked them and changed into my pjs. I rolled over on the bed and stared at the ceiling. I let the tears fall freely down my face and closed my eyes and willed myself to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Good god. I am so nervous for tonight. I hope Hawks win <3 Let's go get 'em boys! Comments?