Don't Look At Me Like That (Patrick Kane)

Don't Look At Me Like That (Patrick Kane) Chapter 23: It's Time to Face the Music

2 weeks later…

“Jordannnnn” I said rolling off the couch and onto the floor next to the blond hockey player.

“Kels! You need to call them! At least call one of them!” He yelled back shoving my phone in my face.

I cuddled into his chest and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I guess you can say these past two weeks in Pittsburgh led to a little flirting between me and Jordan.

“You do realize Tazer has been off his game since you left without saying anything.” Kris added from the other couch in his living room.

I sighed heavily. I never wanted the rest of the team to suffer. I felt horrible not calling them, but I didn’t think I could do it without my heart breaking again. In this past week I’ve realized they mean so much to me. I was avoiding something I knew would kill me if I lost. And then of course there’s Patrick. The one of them that I was the most afraid of losing.

I sighed again “Give me the phone Jor”

I took it and scrolled through all my contacts including the new ones from all the Pens. The Penguins had made me feel at home, and they reminded me of my boys back home so much.

“Hello?” An unsure voice asked

“…Hey Seabs.” I said quietly.

“Oh my god Kels” He managed to get out before I heard a bunch of male voices screaming at yelling at him to put the phone on speakerphone.

“IS THAT KELS?!” -Definetly Sharp.

“KELSEY???” - Jelly.

“Where is that little buttface” ….Kopecky….

“Is she alive!?” - Nemo.

“WHOOOOO KELS!” - Steeger.

“That little…” - Tazer.

“SILENCE!!!” I heard Seabrook yell over the phone.

I winced and pulled the phone away from my ear.

“Kels, why’d didn’t you call me?” This time it was Seabs and he sounded genuinely hurt.

This is the last thing I wanted. I didn’t want to hurt my big brother.

“Seabs… I’m so sorry. I just needed some time. I’m in Pittsburgh.”

“Oh.”

“Seabs please forgive me. I’m coming back, please don’t hate me guys. I love you too much to lose you guys”

“Kels we’re not mad. We were a little hurt and really worried, but we’re glad you’re safe and ok.”

“Thanks guys”

“In the mean time, when can we expect you back?” Seabs asked with an additional chorus’s of yeah’s.

“Well, I really miss you guys so how about I come visit and then you guys have a game in Philly in two weeks so then I”ll come back to Chicago.”

“Sounds like you already had this planned out”

“I did actually. I already have my ticket to come see you guys.”

“When are you coming!” Everyone shouted.

“My flight leaves tomorrow night. So someone better be at the airport to pick me up!” I threatened

“We’ll be there!” Everyone shouted again.

Then I heard a particular voice that made me freeze.

“Who’s that on the phone?” Patrick Kane asked.

“Ummm…” Seabs spluttered

“Seabs. Imma call you later.” I quickly said and hung up.

I sighed for the 5th time that morning and pulled a blanket over my face only to be tickled by Jordan. I laughed and he pulled the blanket off my face and brushed the pieces of brown hair out of my face.

“So how about in honor of your last night in Pittsburgh before you leave for a bit we go clubbing.” Kris said smiling at me.

“Oh god, you guys know I’m officially traumatized of clubbing” I said chuckling to myself.

“Baby we ain’t letting anyone touch you” Jor said playfully

“Fine as long as I have all the Pens there” I said smiling and finally feeling the little bit of happiness I havent felt in a while.

“Well then I guess this calls for a team bonding shopping trip” Kris said already taking out his phone and texting madly.

“I’m looking forward to it.” I said winking at Jordan and getting up to go to my room.
I plugged in my ipod and started listening to The One That Got Away.
I couldn't help but think of Patrick. I was still hurt by everything.

Well Katy Perry, I guess you were right, It's time to face the music I'm no longer his muse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my beautiful boys. Jonathan Toews, you are my freaking hero.