Don't Look At Me Like That (Patrick Kane)

Don't Look At Me Like That (Patrick Kane) Chapter 4: Since When Are The Blackhawks My Brothers?

Kelsey’s POV

 

I walked into Patrick’s apartment. It was huge, and might I add the whole team was there already. Sharp Seabrook and Kopecky went to the rest of the guy and said their hello’s. Me and Patrick also walked around saying hi to everyone. This wasn’t too bad. I already met most of the team in the locker room, so I felt comfortable around them.

“I’m going to go get us some drinks. Are you going to be ok?” Patrick asked me

“Of course I am. Don’t worry if Burish tries to hit on me I’ll start screaming”

He laughed and walked away towards the kitchen to get us the drinks. I wandered over to the couch and plopped down next to Niemi and Versteeg.

“Niemi you did great out there today! You were on fireeeee!” I complimented him

“Thanks” He said shyly.

“Hey what about me? No ‘Good Job’ for me?” Versteeg whined

“Ok fine Verbeauty, You did pretty good out there too”

“Thanks! I know I did” He replied.

I rolled my eyes at him as Patrick came back with two sodas. I made room for him on the couch and he sat down next to me. His hand brushed against my leg and I could feel the tingles running through my body. Niemi and Versteeg probably realized that it was time to leave us alone, so they got up and joined the rest of the guys who were drinking and laughing.

“You know you could go hang out with them. I don’t mind”

“No, I rather be here with you” Patrick said smiling gently.

Very slowly he started leaning into me.

Oh my Lord have mercy, he was going to kiss me!

I didn’t even try to stop him. I actually really wanted to kiss him too. Our lips were so close to touching when Sharp interrupted us.

“Umm excuse me Mr. and Mrs. Kane but I do not want you two youngsters making out on the couch.” Sharp said loudly. The other guys snickered at us.

I felt my cheeks grow warm and I knew I was blushing like a tomato. I looked over at Patrick who also had a tint of pink on his cheeks.

“Yes father” We both said as Sharp smirked at us and walked away.

“Sorry about that…” Patrick said quietly

“Were you really going to kiss me?” I whispered shocked by my boldness.

He looked at me hesitantly “Yeah I was. Sorry if that wasn’t ok with you.”

“No actually I really wanted to kiss you too.” I said slowly as he leaned back into me.

This time our lips actually met in a gentle kiss. As my lips pressed against his, sparks shot through my whole body. I knew he felt the same way because the kiss got more intense. He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him.

Screw Sharpie! I would kiss him if I wanted too and he couldn’t stop me!

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and I felt him smile through the kiss. This made me smile too. I forgot about everyone around us until I heard a loud pissed off voice.

“What the hell is going on here!? I thought I told you two not to suck face!” Sharp said in a annoyed voice.

“Ohhhhh I’m sorry Sharp! I guess I didn’t hear you. I think I was too busy kissing Kane over here.” I pressed my lips against Patrick’s again, and I felt him chuckle because he knew I was doing this to annoy the crap out of Sharp.

“Well you guys should stop now. Kaner won’t be able to control himself and soon your jersey will be on the floor.” Sharp said pulling Patrick off the couch.

“That is not true! We were… ummm practicing CPR!” Patrick whined

“Yeah CPR alright!” Sharp growled.

I laughed and glanced at the clock on the wall. I should probably get home before it got too late.

“I think I should head home anyway. Bye guys!” I said getting ready to go hug everyone.

I went around to every one of the players and gave them a big hug.

“You be careful now, ya hear?” Seabrook said as I giggled.

“Whatever Big Bro!” I joked

“Big Brother?” Seabrook asked suddenly

“Yeah I kinda think of you guys as my big brothers now. I mean growing up as an only child you guys kind of seem like the older brothers I never had.” I said looking down at my toes.

“Awwww Come here little Sis!” Seabrook cried causing everyone to come together in a huge group hug.

“Ok guys, you forget that I can easily be squished in the middle of all these big hockey players!” I squealed trying to get out from the middle.

“You should come to practice tomorrow! I mean only if you don’t have anything planned” said Patrick hopefully.

“Yeah sure I’d love to come, but only if its ok with Captain Serious” I looked over at a not too pleased Jonathan Toews.

I gave him my best puppy dog look and he finally gave in “Fine! As long as you’re not a distraction!” He said as I ran over to him and crushed him in a big hug. He awkwardly patted my back. I giggled to myself. Man was he awkward or what!? I loved him anyway!

“Do you need a ride back to your apartment?” Patrick asked me.

“No it’s fine I’ll just take a taxi!” I answered not wanting to be a burden.

“No way in hell are you taking a taxi at 1 in the morning!” yelled Seabrook

“No, I’ll drive you home. It’s no big deal.” Patrick said already getting his keys.

“There is no way I’m letting YOU drive her home alone after the whole couch incident!” Sharp said glaring at Patrick and Me.

“I’m coming with you” Sharp added already out the door.

I said my last goodbyes and followed Sharp out the door, Patrick following close behind. We walked to the car, and this time Sharp let me have shotgun. He probably only let me because I had threatened to rip his hair out if he didn’t. I directed Patrick the way to my apartment building. We finally got there and we just sat in the car with an awkward silence.

“Well then thanks again for the ride and for inviting me. I had a nice time” I winked at Patrick.

“Yeah no problem. I had a fun time too.” He said leaning in to kiss me again.

To tell you the truth I had completely forgotten about Sharp in the backseat. As I leaned closer to him I could feel his breath against my cheek.

“AHEM!!!!!!!!!” Sharp coughed loudly

“Damn it Sharpie! Just get over it!” Patrick yelled frustrated

“Ok calm down! It’s fine! Bye Sharpie, Bye Patrick!” I said as I quickly kissed Patrick’s cheek.

I started running towards the front door when I heard Sharp yell

“Don’t forget practice is at 2 o clock!”

“Ok I won’t forget! I’ll see you tomorrow!” I said waving bye as I stepped into my building.

Oh my gosh! I kissed Patrick Kane, Made the whole team my big brothers, AND tomorrow I was going to their practice. What have I gotten myself into!?