‹ Prequel: Weapon of Choice
Status: Completed!

Inside Your Eyes

I See Red

"Now for the show," Gertie came up to me with knife in hand, "I always wondered what the human body looked like. I never really paid attention anatomy."

I tried my best to scoot away from her. She wasn't going to hear me scream anymore. So help me God if I get out of these chains!

"Monster!" I did my best to spit in her face. A bloody splotch of mucus made it to her eyes. I clenched my teeth because it hurt to speak, spit, or do anything for that matter.

She shrieked and stepped back, "You bitch! Now my makeup is all runny!"

"That shouldn't be the worst of your problems," a low, rugged voice called out.

Relief washed over my face Oh Bruce! Two of his bat shaped razor blades flew at me and cut my chains. Another flying object hit Gertie in the head and knocked her unconcious. I fell to the floor. A hand grabbed my shoulder, "Bat....Joker?" Where's Batman? I looked around the room.

"Take this," he put a knife in my hand, "That Cordelia girl will be dead when I get to her."

"Let her go," Batman stood to my right, Joker stood to my left.

He cackled, "No! She's mine!" I was pulled closer to Joker.

Batman reached for something on his utility belt. Joker held up his other knife. They're going to fight now? No! They can't! I stepped between them shaking my head, "Gertrude..." I looked over and she was gone Gah, I knew it! That thing missed her! I pointed in that direction, "She's gone!"

"Quick we have to get you to a hospital before she comes back," Batman tried to grab my arm.

"No! She's coming with me! We can survive!" Joker grabbed me.

We? This was all too much for me to handle. I took a few steps backwards, looking at both of them. I couldn't choose. I felt alive and reckless around Joker, but Bruce was everything I wanted in a man..., "I can't make that decision."

A cackle rang out and the floor fell out from under me. I found myself sliding down a tunnel and crashed into a dark room, "Oh my, she really can't choose can she? Torn between Batman and Joker," she clicked her tongue, "This is getting so juicy! Too bad when they come down after you, they'll only be able to watch me stick you like a pig!" She rolled back two doors to show another cage. I watched both of them fall into the trap.

Both the men looked at each other. Joker had no knife anymore and Batman did not have his belt. Both men readied themselves for a fist fight. I dashed to the cage and banged on the bars, shaking my head viciously.

A hand wound around my neck and I was flipped onto the ground. There she was, kneeling over me with some whacked out smile. A fist raised above her head, "This is gonna be fun! Her hand came down, and my arm flew up beside my head to take the blow. I hugged onto her neck so she couldn't hit me. After a minute she broke free and wrapped her hands around my throat. Though she had my neck, I grabbed her right arm and pushed her off balance with my hips. Now she was on the floor looking up at me.

The knife given to me before was pointed at her neck, "Get out..." I said in a harsh whisper.

Her eyes slid from mine to the cage where Joker was held captive, "He really does care for you doesn't he?" Her eyes closed and she nodded, biting her lip.

I squinted at her, trying to see if she was acting or showing her real emotion. A tear slid down her cheek. She had been defeated.

I stood back, keeping my eyes on her. "Don't worry, I'm leaving Gotham." She disappeared and I fled back to the cage. I frantically searched for some sort of lock to pick or maybe a bar of some sort to bend the metal. "Anything on your side?"

Both men looked, but found nothing. The tunnel where they had fallen in was still closed, and the cage showed no sign of moving or opening in some way. My mind was too involved in searching for a way to open the cage, that I didn't think to keep an eye on that door Gertrude had left through. Oh how I didn't think!

I heard an angered yell from behind me. I turned around to see Gertrude holding a machete high, and thrusting it towards my stomach. The blade went through me, and I fell to the floor senseless. My body was going into shock. I crumpled into the fetal position on the floor. I heard distant mumbles of what she was saying. Memories of her flew through my head, of Mom, Lisa, Batman, Joker. Red flooded my eyes. Faster than any normal person, I got off the floor. Pain meant nothing to me. I looked at her through my blood soaked hair, "You...will...die..." I whispered.

She was taken off guard and tried to hit me with the machete. I blocked the blade with my hand and clamped her neck with my other. She choked, "How?" I threw her onto the floor, knocking the machete out of her hand. She gagged and vomited while trying to scoot away, "What are you?"

"Maya Conway. They say The Joker keeps me around because I have a killer personality," I smiled and grabbed her foot and machete. As I dragged her, she screamed like the fearful little girl she was, "You know, I heard once that you claimed I didn't belong. Well," I threw her across the wall, "Would you say that now?" I held the blade to her neck.

She gulped, "No! Just let me go!"

"Now why would I do that? You tried to kill me in front of the people I care about most in this world. Did you ever consider my fighting back?" I pressed the blade against her neck causing her blood to trickle down the machete. She stared at me in fear. Her face went white, "Guess not." The weapon slid across her neck, and she fell to the ground.

I managed to walk away a few steps. A nice hole in the ceiling was above me. As I looked up my knees buckled. The blood loss was too great. My death was not far away...
♠ ♠ ♠
Get Up by Korn was the song going through my head for the fighting scene.