‹ Prequel: There and Back
Sequel: Better Than Revenge
Status: total rewrite, but i will post with 5 commentors!

Memory Lapse

Arguement

This was turning into the longest two minutes of my life. How the hell could peeing on a little stick be so nerve-wrenching? It wasn't like it was the end of the world. Was it? Being a little late didn’t necessarily mean anything.
I paced around the living room of the apartment in Vegas that Jake and I shared. I mean, we'd talked about maybe having a kid but that was supposed to be in the far future. Besides, it's only been a month since he proposed. Leah was supposed to be the one to have a kid next, not me.
The egg-timer went off and I froze. My heart stopped in my chest and my breath was caught in my throat. I went into the bathroom and checked stupid pregnancy test. My heart started pounding wildly.
Jacob was all smiles when he got home. "Hey Liz," he said cheerfully, kissing me on the lips. I loved the way his lips felt against my own. It was like I was in my own personal heaven. "So how was your day?"
"Fine," I shrugged with forced nonchalance. "Yours?"
"It was great. Some rich dude came in to get his car fixed. When I was done, he said I did such a good job that he gave me two tickets for a cruise to the Caribbean. We're going in seven months."
I swallowed hard. "Why then?"
"I was thinking that it'd be a perfect honeymoon. How do you feel about getting married in March?"
"March? Uh, what about May?"
He frowned slightly. "Liz, I already booked the cruise for March."
"What?" I exploded. "When were you planning on telling me this?"
He blinked in confusion at my sudden outburst. "Lizzy, I just told you, honey."
"We haven't even talked about the wedding yet and then you decide that you're just going to pick when and where we’re going on our honeymoon? Don't you think that's kinda something I would need to have an opinion on?"
"What's the big deal? We're getting married so what does it matter if I already started planning this?"
"Aren't the brides supposed to do all that?"
"Yeah, but you’re not even happy that I'm helping."
"Helping? What's that supposed to mean? Are you implying that I'm supposed to do all the work for this stupid wedding?"
"That's not what I'm saying at all!" he protested loudly. “Lizzy, you’re overacting and starting to act like a bitch.”
My hand shot out and my nails raked across his face. I felt a massive bruise already forming but I ignored it. “Don’t you dare talk to me like that, Jacob Black. I am not some wolf in your pack that has to take that crap from you. I don’t even know if I want to be your girlfriend right now, let alone your fiancé.”
“Oh don’t get your panties in a bunch. I was just trying to help.”
We were screaming across the living room at each other. I'm sure that we'll be getting a noise complaint from the neighbors any minute now.
"Jake, I just turned 21 a week ago and I really don't want to start planning for some stupid wedding!"
"I didn't say you had to! If this is how you're going to act, I'm gonna go for a run. I'll be back later."
"Go ahead! I hope a hunter catches your stupid wolf butt!"
Jacob stormed out and slammed the door. The walls shook from the violent force. I sat glaring at the door for a moment. After a second, my face crumpled and hot tears started streaming down my cheeks. "Jake, I'm pregnant," I whispered into the empty air.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey all, so, yeah, there will be a third story in my twilight fanfic. as with the last one, i will update sometime during the weekend or when i get 5 comments. lov you! XD