Status: Active

Lily

Chapter 1

Lily woke up disoriented and confused. She look around at her surroundings, she could see nothing but darkness all around her. Then all of a sudden, lights came on from every direction. The lights were so intensely bright that Lily tried to shield her eyes but when she tried to move her arms, she found that they were strapped to her sides and she was tied to a chair. She became panicked and began to struggle against the restraints. She stopped moving altogether when she felt two hands clamp down on her shoulders and hold her in place. She then screamed a high pitched squeal and a hand covered her mouth. A dark figure emerged from the corner of the room and walked towards her. She craned her neck up to get a look at the face. The figure was a man with short blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. He was wearing a black t-shirt and black jeans. He looks down at her and smiled. She stared at his teeth and she could see that they were very white and very sharp. She trembled beneath the hands holding her in place.
The man reached out and stroked her cheek. “Do not be frightened, little one”, the man said. “I mean you no harm, I only wish to speak with you and ask you some questions”.
Lily moved her mouth under the other man’s hand and grunted. The man understood her meaning and told the man, “Release her, Thomas”.
The hand slid away from her mouth and the ropes were cut away from her body. She looked at the man for a moment before finally asking, “Where am I?”
“You are at a secure facility”, the man told her, “as I have told you before, I mean you no harm and as long as you cooperate with me, you will be released soon.
Lily was quiet for a few minutes before she finally asked the man, “Who are you, Sir?
“My name is Benjamin Furly, but you may call me Mr. Furly.” This man behind you is Thomas Carnage and he is my assistant. He also means you no harm. He is merely here to assure that you do not try to run away. Now, before I begin asking you questions, do you have any that you would like to ask me?
Lily looked at the man and saw this as her chance to find out a little more of how she got here. “How did I get here?” “Why am I here?” “When can I leave?” she asked hysterically.
The man, Mr. Furly, raised his hand to stop her list of questions. “One question at a time child,” he told her, “You are her because we need some answers. And like I said, if you do as I say, you will be free as soon as possible, and as for your question of how you got here, well all you need to know is that you were taken from your home but you parents believe that you are with a friend so there is nothing to worry about”.
Lily ran through her mind and tried to remember being taken from her room. All she could remember about the day was that she was in her room doing homework and she heard a knock at her window. She went over to open it and that’s when she blacked out. They must have drugged her, she thought to herself.
“What is it that you want to know Mr. Furly?” She asked cautiously.
He smiled and brought a chair in front her to sit in. He looked her in the eyes for a brief moment before motioning to Thomas to come around where she could see him. When she could see his face, she saw that he was shockingly handsome. His features were similar to Mr. Furly’s but his chin was broad and muscular. He also had Blonde hair but his eyes were a warm brown. He was wearing an ACDC t-shirt and blue jeans. They stared silently at each other for a long moment before Mr. Furly broke the silence.
”Thomas, my boy, say hello to our guest.”
“Hello”, Thomas said. His voice was like silk. It was a man’s voice but he seemed to have a bit of an Italian accent.
“Hello”, she said back hoping that her voice showed no fear and that it was confident.
“Now, first question,” Mr. Furly said. “What is your name, little one?”
“My name is Lily Benson sir.”
“And how old are you, Lily”?
“Sixteen, sir”
“Sixteen!” , Mr. Furly exclaimed. “Why, you could pass for eighteen”. He smiled at her with his white teeth and began to question her again.
“Where did you get that necklace around your neck, Lily”?
She looked down at the fragile chain around her neck with the golden pendent hanging from the center. “My grandmother gave it to me when I was eleven. She said it had been in the family for thirty years. It’s the only thing I have left of her.” She looked down at the delicate chain and pressed it against her heart. “She died when I turned fifteen”
Mr. Furly looked at Lily with sympathy and sighed. “I’m so sorry to hear that Lily.” I think that is enough questioning for the day. It is almost nine O’clock and it is time for us to depart to bed. Thomas will show you were you will sleep tonight.”
“But….but you said that you would let me go if I answered the questions.”
“My dear, that was only the beginning of the questions but you will stay here and you will be safe and I assure you that no harm with come to you while you are here. I give you my word.” Thomas came forward and offered her his hand. She met his gaze and slowly stood up. Thomas led her to the corner of the room where Mr. Furly had entered in the beginning and she saw that there was actually a door hidden in the wall. He paused at the door.
“Oh, and Lily dear?”
“Yes Mr. Furly?”
“Goodnight” he said as he stood and walked to the opposite corner of the room and pushed on the wall as a door also opened.
“Goodnight sir.”
Thomas led her out of the room and up a flight of steps to a door at the end of the hall. He produced a key from his pocked and put it in the lock then turned it. She stepped into the room and looked around. The room was painted a wonderful powder blue and the bed in the center of the room was a gigantic king size bed. The sheets were quilted and gold. There were vases with fresh roses in then and a closet full of clothes. Lily turned around to find Thomas looking at her with an odd expression on his face.
“What?” she asked feeling a blush creeping up into her face
He shook his head and reached one long finger out to her face. She flinched away from his touch and he dropped his hand.
“Goodnight Lily, sleep well” he murmured as he went out the door and closed it firmly behind him. Lily went over to the bed and curled up into a ball. She shut her eyes and willed herself to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first chapter and i do not have a lot of experience at writing so please be kind. Thank You.