Status: just started, comment please? <3

Believe It

Mistake

"Uh, everything alright in there?"

I look at Allison, watching a look of shock and amusement cross her face. "Just a second!" She throws the skirt at my face, smirking. I throw it back. "Just put the fucking thing on," she whispers, "or I'll open the door with you in your underwear!" I glare at her, annoyed as hell. Really? Ugh! I look at the skirt in her hand, seeing the black fabric move and shimmer. She raises her eyebrow at me, unsure. Suddenly, she launches at me. Shit!

"Adam! Put it on!"

"No!" She jumps on my back, covering my eyes with the skirt. I can't see anything but the obnoxiously bright sequins adorning the cursed fabric. I shake violently, trying to somehow throw her off of my back, all to no avail. She tugs at my hair, clenching painfully around my torso with her legs. "Ow! What the hell?"

"You're making this harder than it needs to be, Adam!" For such strange circumstances, her voice is unnaturally calm. I buck and writhe, doing anything I can to get this psychotic maniac off of me. Finally, I jerk my body to the left really hard and she falls to the ground, the skirt getting caught on my boxers. She looks up at me, an evil glare clouding her face. We just stare at each other, not sure what to do.

After a moment, a grin spreads across my face.

Quickly, I shed my shirt, throwing it on Allison's face, and pull the skirt on. It's super tight and obnoxious, not to mention fucking itchy, but whatever, I guess. Rushing up to the door, I open it to see a short little brunette looking up at me, obviously confused and a little scared.

"Look, okay, we're busy, and I have no idea who the fuck you are, but come back when I have pants, yeah? Sound good? Okay, see you!" With an incredibly stupid hair flip, I slam the door in his face, turning to look back at the stunned red head on the floor. "Happy now?"

She just sits there, a stupid grin on her face before bursting out into laughter, rolling on her back and clutching her stomach. She's laughing so hard, tears streaming down to the carpet and hands trembling. I just shake my head, sighing. She's definitely...interesting. The door slowly creaks open, and I turn to see the brunette looking at us with a creeped out look on his face. Allison looks at him and laughs even harder. I look him over, not quite sure what to make of this situation. He's pretty damn cute. His hair is short and dark brown with blondish highlights. Big brown eyes--my favorite kind--and sweet pink lips adorn his cute pixie face; he's pretty thin and he's tiny, too. He's fucking adorable!

"Uh, Allison...is everything...okay?" he says, his voice sounding rather alarmed. I laugh, because no, I dont think she is. She doesn't respond, just turning and twisting on the floor in a rage of laughter. "Um...Allison?" He goes over to her, grabbing her hair and pulling her up. Unfazed, she laughs silently into her hands.

"Y-Y-You! HA!" She chokes out, pointing at me. "You've g-got balls, A-Adam. Oh m-my God!" She falls back onto her side, finding all of this way too funny. The cute brunette looks at me and laughs.

"Do I even want to know?"

"No, probably not." He laughs again, letting go of her hair, letting her fall completely to the floor. He walks up to me and rakes his eyes over me, laughing. I must look absolutely ridiculous.

"Well, anyway, hi! I'm Brad." He says, holding out a small hand. I take his hand into mine and shake once.

"Hey, I'm Adam." I say, smiling. Allison shakily gets up, walking over to us, still laughing. I smile, already fond of her. She's out of her mind!

"O-Okay!" She tries catching her breath. "Whoa! Well, glad you're acquainted. Anyway, Brad, I-I'm gonna need some help from you."

"Oh, now I can't wait to hear this." Brad says, twirling a piece of his hair on his finger, concerned for whatever Allison is thinking up now after being, uh, greeted the way he was.

"Well, tranny here doesn't have any clothes," she points her finger towards me, making me roll my eyes in response, "besides these. Can you go buy him some more dresses?"

"Dresses? Okay!" Brad says, instantly lighting up. No, no please, God no! "Oh, I can just imagine how this shopping trip will go. Are you serious?"

"No! No, she isn't! She better not be. No, no, no, no, no!" I shout, interrupting before something else goes horribly wrong. Brad jumps, glaring at me as if angry for ruining their fun. There's no fucking way in hell I'm wearing any damn dress.

"Don't give me that attitude!" Allison scolds. Then she turns to Brad, smiling evilly. "I would only trust you with this assignment."

He grins, fake-bowing in her direction. "Of course, master." She snickers and my stomach drops. I can't tell if they're joking or not...

Quickly, she shuffles over to her drawers, pulling out a small item and handing it to him. It's a debet card. "So, have fun taking Bowie here shopping."

"Oh my god! You've got the right guy for this job." Brad says happily, voice raising a few octaves. Wow, he's really excited about this. Why doesn't that make me feel better?

"I thought so." She pats his head. "Just leave me some money, okay? I don't need to go broke because of you."

"Eh, maybe." Brad says, excitedly gripping the little plastic card and grabbing me by my wrist. "C'mon, let's go! We're so out of here." He pulls me, no--drags me, out of the door quickly, my unwillingness growing with each step. Allison's laughter resonates from behind us. Within no time, we were seated in his convertible, him revving up the engine.

"Hey wait!" I say, finally finding my voice. "No!"

"What?!" he screams, sufficiently scared by my outburst. What do you think?!

"I'm still in a skirt, dumbass!"

"What?" he repeats, dubious. "That's what you're screaming about?" I nod and he hangs his head in his hands. "Sorry, you're fucked."

"Fuck!"

"Not right now, hun. You're cute, but we need to get you a decent wardrobe." he smirks. My cheeks flush. I didn't mean it like that.

"Thanks for doing this. Oh, and sorry I sort of freaked you out when we met. Allison practically made me." I say. Maybe if we're on better terms, this will be a little easier.

He laughed. "No, it's fine. I just thought you were some strange flat-chested chick and I was interrupting you and Allie." I snort. Does that happen often?

"Um, no." I laugh out. "Not a girl. Not even attracted to them."

"You're gay?" he asked, looking at me, driving down the street. He looks me up and down in disbelief. "You don't come off as gay."

"Yeah, I get that a lot." I nod. "But I've never liked girls."

"Me neither." he says.

"You too?" He shrugs, nodding a yes. "Oh, okay."

After a few minutes of random driving, we pull into a mall complex. It's a pretty expansive building, I don't think I've ever seen a mall of this size, ever. Then again, I don't really shop.

"We're here!" he squeals, getting out of the car. I stay still, refusing to move. He opens my door. "What?"

"I'm still in nothing but a skirt and underwear. I'm not leaving this vehicle, thank you very much." I grab for the door in an attempt to close it. The air from the outside is chilling my bare skin, making me shiver. I wish I'd grabbed a jacket. Brad holds the door open.

"You have to! Please, c'mon!" I shake my head. "C'mon!" No movement. "You can have my jacket?" Nope.

"How about you be my personal shopper for today?" I say, trying to reason with him. His eyes widen, lips perking into a smile. I guess it worked. "I'm a medium in about everything and I'm a size 14 in shoes. See ya!" I shut the door, grabbing his jacket and putting it on before he ran happily inside, smiling like a four year old on christmas. He's too cute!

About ten minutes after Brad had left, I realized it was gonna be a while. I sighed, gathering the jacket around myself and reluctantly stepping outside the car, going to find him. I head towards the mall, trying to find an entrance. Finally, I found one next to a alleyway.

"Hey." A voice calls from the dark hall. I look around, not seeing the source of the voice. "In here." The voice sounds again from deep in the alley. I'm frozen, the sudden craving for heroin creeping into me, knowing from experience the voice belonged to a dealer. My hands start to shake with the desire. No, I'm going to find Brad. I'll be okay for the next few days. But how long has it been? Could it really just have been yesterday since my last fix? Suddenly, I'm painfully aware of Brad's wallet in the jacket pocket, a soft weight against the side of my upper thigh. Why doesn't he have his wallet with him?! Oh right, he's using Allison's card. Still, it wouldn't be right. "C'mere, I know you need it."

He had me then.

I walk slowly toward the gravelly voice, not really aware of my actions. I bump into a tall, burley man. He's smoking a pipe of something, definitely not tobacco. His chest is revealed, covered in tattoos and bruises, only slightly hidden by his open leather jacket. Through the drug-lust, I'm terrified.

"Whatcha want, princess?" Princess? I frown slightly. Oh yeah, the skirt. Ugh...

"Smack. As much as you have." I say, knowing he'll know what I want. The lust triples with the anticipation.

He leans down, breathing smoke in my face. Yep, definitely not tobacco. "That's a high price. Think you can afford it?"

"I need to." I pull out Brad's wallet, ignoring the pang of guilt and self-hatred I feel in my stomach. It's worth it. I pull out everything in the little leather pouch, handing it to the man, who raises an eyebrow.

"Seven hundred? You are desperate." He pockets the cash, reaching into an inside pouch in his jacket. "Lucky for you I can fix you up, princess." He unearths about twenty needles, each filled with the liquid gold I need. "And since you're such a good customer," he says, grinning and handing me an extra, "here's one on the house."

I take it, pocketing the others. Slowly, I press the tip of the needle into the crease of my elbow, pressing it to pierce the skin. I sigh, pressing down onto the needle even more, injecting the magic drug into my veins, feeling it course through me. The high is almost instant. Oh my God, I needed this. "Wow."

"Good, aint it?" he says, leaning me against the wall so I don't fall down from the sudden rush of euphoria. Everything's spinning... "One of my best batches. That last hit'll last you till tomorrow, guaranteed." I can't respond, I don't remember how to speak. Who cares? Who needs to? My arms feel like lead at my sides and my legs can barely hold me up, but nothing matters. Everything is bright and amazing! God, this is fucking fantastic! Everything is crystal clear, beautiful. Everything's gorgeous! I feel invincible, like I can do anything.

"Adam? Is that you over there?" I turn shakily towards the new voice, slumping a bit, a huge grin on my face as the dealer hides in the shadows. A familiar looking guy comes over, putting his hand on my shoulder. "Fuck, who are you? You're fucking cute!" I grin, words slurred.

He tilts his head, judging me up and down. "Are you okay? It's me, Brad." Oh! Brad, right. I know a Brad. He's cute too. Maybe this guy knows my Brad. I should be finding him now, anyway.

"Hey! Hey, oh my God, hi. You're Brad? Do you know my friend Brad? You two have the same name. You kinda look alike too, but you're cuter. Fuck!" I yelp as I slid from the wall to the ground, the daze from the drugs completely absorbing the pain from the impact. I look up, feeling oddly peaceful. This Brad looks terrified. "Are you okay? Who are you? What's wrong? Everything's fantastic! I can't move."

Brad grabs my hands and tugs me up, holding me still so I don't fall again. Funny, my legs aren't working. Huh. Looking me in the eyes, he shakes my entire frame, rocking me back and forth on my feet. "Adam, I'm Brad. What happened to you?"

"Brad!" I yell, hugging him with all my might. I hear him choke slightly. "I found you! I thought I lost you. Dude, hi!"

Flailing his arms, he sneaks his way out of my grasp and grabs my hand, leading me back towards the car. He has about ten different bags in one hand and my hand in the other. I'm impressed. "Come on. I don't know whats wrong with you, but we're getting you back to Allison."