Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

Wanting

Just walk over to her, Jake thought. There's no need to be afraid.

Jake slowly walked over to the girl that was looking at an Iron Maiden CD. He was nervous and the whole time she was searching through the CDs, he was staring at her. Now he stood behind her, watching her read the back of the case and decided to pick up a light conversation.

"So you like Iron Maiden, too, huh?" he asked.

She turned around surprised by the sound of his voice. "Oh, yeah, they're my favorite band. What about you? Are they your favorite band, too?"

"Actually, I'm more into Metallica," he looked down at the ground. "But I still love Iron Maiden. I'm Jake by the way." He held out his hand.

"Hi, my name's Jamie," she grasped his hand and shook it.

Jake inspected her body up and down. She was skinny, but not too bony. Her hair was black with side swept bangs. She wore black skinny jeans and an Iron Maiden shirt. Her skin was a little bit tanned and she wore vans.

To Jake, she stood out in a way that made him grin.

Jamie, feeling awkward about this stranger staring at her body, stopped him from being hypnotized any longer.

"Um, I better go," she said. "My parents are expecting me to get home and I promised to help out with dinner."

"Wait," Jake stopped her. "Do you go to my high school? Are you new?"

"I go to Belleville High," she answered. "And I'm not new. I've been here for a while."

"Oh, I'm at a different high school," he said. "Maybe that's why I've never seen you."

"I guess I should be going now," Jamie said again. "I guess I'll see you around."

She quickly walked towards the exit. Jake, disappointed that he didn't get to talk to her longer, followed her outside. She didn't seem to notice him and just got into her car without even a glance at the store or anyone around it. Jake got into his vehicle that stood a few feet away and waited for her to take off. A minute later, she started the engine and started driving, meaning Jake took off also and began following.

I need to talk to her more, he told himself. She looked perfect and I want her to be mine.

Jamie entered a neighborhood and she pulled into a driveway. Jake made sure not to be too close to her house so she could see him. He watched her get out of the car with a big smile on her face, holding her arms out. A guy with black hair walked over to her from the house next door. He gave her a hug and they started talking for a few moments.

"Fuck, don't tell me that's her boyfriend," he said to himself.

He watched them for a few more minutes. There were no actions that showed that they were an actual couple. They weren't holding hands, they didn't kiss and they didn't do anything else but talk.

Moments passed and they stopped talking and both started to head inside her house. They linked arms and went through the doorway.

"They probably are a couple," Jake sighed. "This will be more harder to get her all to myself."

He waited a few more minutes before driving off. Jake was thinking too much about Jamie and her supposed "boyfriend". He wasn't sure if he was angry or upset.

"Boyfriend or not," he grumbled. "I want her and she's going to be mine, no matter what."