Sequel: The Other Woman
Status: Completed

Black Sheep

Chapter 13

“What?” my eyes snapped wide open.
“My family want to meet you.” He repeated, wearily looking into my eyes. “Don’t worry, you’ll be fine.” he rubbed my shoulder and kissed the top of my head.
“Well, why? What for? Will I-”
“Calm down. It’s just security stuff, with you being in the media and stuff and with what’s happened recently they just want to make sure you’re not feeding your colleagues private details about me.”
“What do you mean private details? I would never do that Harry! I swear I wouldn’t.”
“Just calm down. It’s just precautionary nobody’s accusing you of anything.” He pulled me closer to him. “But that’s not the biggest thing I need to speak to you about. I-” My phone rang interrupting him.
“I’ll be two minutes, it’ll be work.” I kissed him on the cheek and left the sofa to answer my phone.
“Hi Bex it’s Steven,” An old friend from university had somehow found my number, “I’m in London at the minute and I was just wondering if you wanted to meet up somewhere for a catch-up and a couple of drinks.”
“Well, now’s not the best of times for me right now but I can call you back sometime when I have some spare time.”
“That would be great Bex, it would be really great.” We said our goodbyes and I put the phone down.

The next morning I woke up next to Harry, as was the norm nowadays – not that I’m complaining. I got ready with Harry watching my every move like a lion watching it’s prey.
“You know you don’t have to go to work today.” He said grabbing me by my waist and pulling me back down as I sat to put my shoes on.
“I do or I’ll lose my job.”
“But there’re millions of jobs out there you’d be more than qualified to do.”
“I know babe, but this is my job and it’ll do until something better comes along.” I placed my hand on the side of his face and brought him down for a sweet kiss. “Now leave me go to work.”
“Ok darling have fun.” He said snuggling back down into the duvet. “Have a good day at work.” He mumbled into the duvet. I smiled as I left the flat and caught a taxi to work. Winter had definitely begun and it started to get chilly.

*****
“Bex, do you have that memo Richard sent round last week?” Someone asked, barging into my office.
“yep. Noticeboard outside.” I said bluntly while typing away. Then my phone rang.
“Hello, Becca speaking.” I said quickly while awkwardly typing with my left hand.
“Bex there’s someone at reception who wants to see you, should I send him up?” Anna in reception rang.
“Yeah that would be great thanks Anna.” I sighed and carried on with the piles of articles I had left to type up.
There was a soft knock on my door then it opened. I didn’t look up, just carried on with typing.
“I’ll be two seconds then I’ll be right with you.”
“Well what a great way my girlfriend greets me when I pick her up for lunch.” Harry sighed from the other side of my desk.
“Well you know I love you anyway so it shouldn’t matter” I said, saving the document and looking up to see him leaning on my desk, trying to see what I’d written. “It’s nothing important. They moved me from entertainment to politics. Exciting isn’t it.”
“But it’s not what you want to do is it?” I shook my head picking up my coat and bag. “Well do something else then.” He said holding my arms still and resting his forehead on mine.
“Like what? I have my degree in journalism; I can’t just run off and become, I don’t know, a doctor or a lawyer or whatever.”
“ Well what about PR?”
“What about it?”
“Have you ever thought about working in PR?” He took my hand as I locked up my office.
“Not really, but that’s a good idea.”
“It’s what I’m here for.”
“It’s not though really.”
“Well what am I here for then?” We left the office and headed down the street.
“This.” I stopped, pulled him back and kissed him, in the middle of the street.

*****
“I might have a word with Maria about not working for the paper anymore and maybe about doing more TV stuff.” I said sipping my cappuccino as the snow started to slowly fall outside.
“Well I have to ask you something important before you do that.”
“Go on then.”
“Well I can’t ask you here can I?”
“Is it really that big?” He nodded.
“But if we’re meeting my father for tea this afternoon then I’ll ask you after.”
“That’ll be fine then. I can wait that long.” We both sat until I had to go back to work.
We walked through the falling snow back to my office when he stopped dead in his tracks.
“What?”
“It’s nothing,” he smiled and carried on walking with me. He pulled me closer to him when we got outside my office.
“So I’ll meet you here at half three?” I nodded “He’s really looking forward to meeting you, so is Camilla and Will and Kate. It’s going to be fantastic.” He smiled from ear to ear at the prospect of me meeting his family. “You don’t look too excited.” He said as we went into the lift to get to my floor.
“Well it’s quite daunting isn’t it? I’m usually no good with parents and they’re royalty, not that you’re not, or anything, but what if I get something wrong or forget to do something and-”
“Don’t worry yourself,” he said laughing. He kissed my cheek as we got to my floor. “They’re not that scary. They just want to meet you really; it’s just father’s security that wants the talk with you. You’ll be fine.” He leant down and kissed me really slowly, making my insides melt.
“I love you.” He whispered against my lips.
“I love you more.”
“Not possible.”
“It really is.”
“Well why don’t you show me how much you love me tonight when we get home?”
“You bet I will. Now let me go to work.” I said kissing him one last time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Right, here we go:

A: I know this is a bit of a filler but all shall be revealed in good time.
B: This is the outfit I had in mind: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=66274235

And C: I would love some feedback, I haven't had any comments in ages so I would love someone to comment rather than me judging if you want the next chapter by the views.

So I'll get writing the next chapter and as soon as I have a comment I'll post it. Deal?