Sequel: The Other Woman
Status: Completed

Black Sheep

Chapter 33

“What do you mean you’re resigning?”
“I’m sending an email to Richard saying that I’m leaving.”
“Have you thought this through?” Harry said, sitting up behind me.
“Not really, but I know that I needed to do this.”
“You don’t darling, let’s just think about this.”
“We already have thought about this. It’s what you want me to do, so I’m resigning.”
“It’s not what you want though is it?”
“Does it matter? I have something I want more. I’m not sacrificing you for my career.”
“You won’t lose me.” He reached around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder, “you can’t lose me. I love you too much to let you lose me.”
“Exactly, I don’t want to lose you so I’m leaving my job.” He started planting soft kissed on my shoulder, and up to my neck.
“I don’t want you to leave your job.” He purred in my ear before softly kissing behind by ear and scraping his teeth over my ear lobe. “We have the house to ourselves, Will and Kate aren’t in. I think now would be the perfect time to make as much noise as we like.” He softly whispered into my neck where he had started grazing his teeth and peppering kisses as he spoke.

****
I woke up the next morning, incredibly relaxed. My head rested on Harry’s chest with my arm slung lazily over his stomach.
“Morning darling,” he whispered sleepily his gruff morning voice lulling me awake. His arm wrapped around my shoulder, stroking my arm with his fingertips. The soft June sunlight warming the room.
“Good morning Buster.” I whispered back. He planted a soft kiss in my hair. “What are we going to do today?”
“I don’t know, maybe we could just spend all day here?” he questioned
“I would love to but I need a shower and maybe some breakfast.” I sighed, content.
“How about we shower together?” I looked up at his face for the first time that morning to see a cheeky grin and raised eyebrows.
“How about I get in the shower first then I can make breakfast while you’re in the shower.”
“I suppose so.” We both rested for a while wrapped up in the sheets. “When are we going to get up?”
“Soon,” I replied, walking my fingers up and down his chest. With that my phone rang. It was my mum. I reluctantly peeled myself off Harry and reached for my phone on the bedside table.
“hi mum,” I answered the phone, Harry moving to rest his head on my shoulder and wrap his arm around my waist.
“Are you coming to Sarah’s wedding on Sunday, you haven’t RSVPed yet and I need to get everything sorted before her hen night tomorrow night.” She was on the fine line between excitement and lunacy.
“Of course we are mum.” Harry raised his eyebrows in question.
“Ok then, you’ll be on the table with me, your dad, your brother and Lucy.”
“whose Lucy?”
“Your brother’s girlfriend, don’t ask. Are you staying at our house?”
“Will there be enough space?” I asked, knowing as wedding planner, my mum would have every single room in the house filled with dresses and flowers and shoes and tuxes and veils and tiaras.
“Well we can make some space.”
“mum, it’s fine we’ll find somewhere to stay.”
“That’s fine. I have something to tell you first.” Harry started tracing soft circles on my waist, bored with the conversation I was having with my mother. “Sarah is wearing your grandma’s tiara for the wedding. I know it’s usually the first grandchild and so on but nobody on our side of the family has been married yet and-”
“mum it’s fine.”
“really, are you ok with it because it should be your’s really.”
“mum it’s fine.”
“ok then,” she sounded quite disappointed, “I’ll probably call you before the weekend. Let me know if you need anything.”
“I will do mum. Love you.” I said before I hung up.
“was that your mum?” Harry mumbled into my shoulder.
“Yeah she just wanted to know if we were going to my cousin’s wedding this Sunday.” He mumbled something into my neck. “I said we weren’t staying at their house so we could have a bit of peace and quiet.” He nodded into my neck.

We spent the rest of the day in each other’s company, between the sheets. The afternoon rolled by and soon it was supper time. We both sat in the garden surrounded by bees and butterflies, eating and relaxing as the evening rolled in. We both heard the noise of gravel in the driveway and moved from our comfy blanket on the grass. The door opened and Kate slowly made her way into the house I took off at a slight run and her face lifted in a cross between happiness, exhaustion and fear of my running towards her. I came to a skidding stop and engulfed her in my arms.
“How are you?” I said as we walked into the sitting room.
“Fine. Tired but fine.”
“Hows the little one?” Harry said from the chair he’d taken in the corner.
“Why don’t you see for yourself?” Will said from the doorway with the little baby in his arms. As quick as a flash Harry was on his feet and over to his brother and his nephew. We all smiled slightly at his reaction.
“We’ve decided to call him George,” Will said sitting on the arm of the chair next to his wife, “George Alexander Louis.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So I’m gonna do something a bit different.
If you’ve read chapter 33 of Black Sheep I will give you a sneak preview of something I’ve written for the future f Becca and Harry.
All you have to do is let me know in whichever way you chose, that you’ve read it. It’s as simple as that.

Thanks for reading!