Sequel: The Other Woman
Status: Completed

Black Sheep

Chapter 35

I pushed the door open and the bell sounded. At once all the reporters turned and stared, cameras poised. With a shaky step I stepped out of the threshold of the door and all hell broke loose. Cameras were flashing left right and centre, people shouting questions; ‘Look over here gorgeous’, ‘Is that for the baby’, ‘where’s your boyfriend’. I kept my head down and walked. One foot in front of the other. I just kept going, I had to get out of there. The noise was deafening, almost like a roar and the flashes just made me dizzy and disorientated. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to just see a flash right in my face. I stumbled back, expecting to fall flet on my backside on the street among all of these paparazzi.Out of no where I felt arms from both sides go round my back and shoulders.

“Clear the path please!” A loud voice from next to my ear. I looked up to see Andrew, Harry’s security pushing his way through the group of photographers. I had the courage to look up and I saw the car. On my other side Louis had taken my bags and was protecting people from behind me. Before I knew it We were at the end of the street and the car door was open , my bags were in the boot and I was sat in the back of the car. I could eventually breathe. Then I felt a hand reach out for mine in the centre of the back seat. The car set off at quite a speed, cameras flashing on either side of the car. I leapt out of my skin then turned to see who it was, almost bursting into tears at the sight of him. He wrapped his arms around me and I broke down. I’d never been so scared.

“This’ll never happen again. I promise.”
“You don’t need to promise me.” I said sitting up for myself. “You came to save me.” I looked into his eyes, so greatful of everything he’d done.
“You needed me and I was there.” He said wrapping his arm around my shoulders and kissing my forehead.
“thank you.” I almost whispered. “How did you know I was there?”
“Well the girls in the press office noticed some tweets and then called security who alerted me.”
“Remind me to thank them sometime.” My heart rate returned to normal as we turned onto the driveway.

Harry refused to let go of me, even when the car had stopped.
“Are we getting out?” I asked almost timidly.
“Yes, sorry,” he said retrieving his arm from around me. I left the car to grab my bags from the boot. Harry following me all the time, even as we walked through to the living room, where Will and Kate were sat with baby George.
“We heard what happened.” Will said pulling me in for a protective hug.
“It’s fine. There much more important things to be worrying about.”I replied leaving Wil and heading over to see George in Kate’s arms.
“You should have seen them.” Harry said, almost grinding his teeth thinking about what had happened.
“How bad was it?” Kate said, looking up at me worried.
“She was surrounded. They were right in her face as well there was no space between them.” Harry said, almost shaking with rage.
“Are you ok?” Kate said, rubbing my arm, reassuringly.
“Yeah I’m fine now. It was just a bit scary, that’s all.” Harry was staring at me. It was as if something was broken and he needed to fix it but didn’t know how. “Does anyone want a cup of tea?” I asked, Kate and Will declined as I grabbed Harry’s hand and pulled him through to the kitchen.

“What’s wrong?” I asked as soon as the kitchen door was closed.
“Nothing.” He looked at his feet and shrugged as if he was a schoolboy stood outside the headmaster’s office.
“There obviously is Harry.” There was a few moments of silence while he found his words.
“I was scared.” He almost whispered.
“What for? I’ve been through worse.”
“But things are different now.”
“I know. But you have no need to worry about me. I’ve lived in the city on my own for long enough and I’ve seen off more creepy photographers and journalists than you could shake a stick at.”
“But you shouldn’t have to.” I stepped forward and held his face in my hands.
“I know. It’s not that scary though. I know I was scared but it’s fine now. I’m here and you’re here and there’s no photographers about and we’re safe. There’s nothing to worry about.”
“But what about tomorrow, and the day after that?”
“I can learn, we can deal with it.”
“But I’m scared.”
“what of?!”
“Losing you.” The room went quiet.
“You’re not going to lose me. I’m going nowhere.”
“You don’t understand me. I don’t want to lose you like I lost my mum.” I couldn’t help but wrap my arms around him and hold as tight as I could.
“You are not going to lose me. Never. I couldn’t be without you in any way and for any reason. I I’m not leaving. Ever. Whether you like it or not.”