Status: Slowly Active. :D Subscribe and comment please!

What You Give Is What You Get

"Thanks For Nothing, Kiss My Ass"

***********

William did one last check desperately trying to make sure his house looked decent for Gabe. Granted William was always one to have everything usually uber clean and everything in its place, but he wanted to make sure. It also helped keep the house safe for Genevieve.

He had gotten a text from Gabe that he was almost there about five minutes ago and was getting nervous. He didn’t know why. He figured he was afraid of breaking down and crying in front of Gabe and appearing rather pathetic. Not that Gabe would mind but still

William heard the little angelic voice and looked over to his girl on the floor with her toys. She called him and he came over instantly wondering what had happened to place the sour look on her face.

“Are you okay honey?”

William bent his lanky limbs down so he could be level with the young daughter. She showed him her finger. He asked is she had hurt herself in terms they both have come to understand and she nodded. He kissed her finger telling her it would make it all better as he heard the door bell.

William stood up and stared at the young soon to be four old as she stared at the direction of the door, “Gabe is here.”

She could see her smile light up her face as she started to get up and go over towards the door. William soon followed loving her reaction to his dear friend’s appearance. She loved Gabe as much as she loved William and for some reason that made him beyond happy.

William could hear Gabe talk in a weird high pitch voice, “Hello anybody home?”

Genevieve waited for William to unlock the door and pull it open to expose the tall figure. Gabe let go of his suitcase and bag he was holding to bed down to pick up the child running towards him.

“There is my favorite princess.”

The little arms wrapped around Gabe’s neck and he held her close making sure she wouldn’t fall and Gabe could see the smile on William’s face as he leaned on the doorframe watching.

William continued to watch them as Gabe spoke, “Guess who’s having a sleepover with you?”

“Who?”

“I am. I’m coming to stay for a bit. We’re going to have so much fun.”

William let out a light chuckle as he watched her reaction in joy. Gabe let her down and insisted he show her what he had gotten her. Gabe soon pulled out a stuffed animal out of the bag with his suitcase. It was nearly her size and probably caked in soft fake fur. She clung to it as if it were a part of her and turned to show it off to William.

“He’s cute. Does he have a name Gabe?”

Gabe gave William a confused look as if to ask why the damn teddy bear needed a name. He shrugged and William shook his head telling Genevieve what name she wanted. She finally picked and Gabe laughed at the random name but was happy to she liked her present.

Gabe picked up the bag and reached for his suitcase to come inside. William closed the door locking it safely and leading Gabe into their living room. William offered to take the empty bag and asked if Gabe needed a drink.

“Sure. Water is fine.”

William started to leave as Gabe pulled off his shoes and collapsed on the couch. Genevieve came up and sat next to Gabe to show off one of her toys. Gabe never minded and loved to interact with her. For some weird reason Gabe had a gift with being around kids. He loved it and they loved him. He figured he was so good with kids because he was still a kid himself.

A few seconds later Gabe could hear the front door open and close. It didn’t take long for Christine to come into the living room. Gabe’s face went sour and Christine looked in shock that Gabe was in the house.

“Hi Gabe, what are you doing here?”

Gabe didn’t try to hide half of his anger at her, “I was in the neighborhood. Thought I would drop by to see the family.”

Genevieve started to get off the couch to talk about the new bear Gabe had gotten her. Christine had listened to the young one and mentioned a ‘thanks’ towards Gabe. Gabe smiled politely before distracting Genevieve with the conversation they had before her mom had came in.

Christine took this as a sign to leave and head into the kitchen the way William had gone. He didn’t want to hate her but he had this rage in him. How could she do this to William? That was the question that kept going through his head. William loved her so much and yet it seemed like nothing to her. Gabe seemed to feel a little hot under the collar with anger.

William came back with a frown and quickly came over to give the glass to Gabe, “Here, I added a little but of ice.”

“Thanks. Do you need me to keep an eye on her while you talk to Christine?”

William nodded, “Please. Thanks Gabe. I a-ap-appreciate it.”

“No problem.”

Gabe took a sip as the other left the room and placed the glass on the near by coffee table. He continued to talk to the little body next to him and occasionally join in on the fun. He couldn’t completely commit because he could hear the muffled voices and so desperately wanted to know what was going on.

William on the other hand didn’t know what to say. Here comes his wife with divorce papers as if she had them for a while now. She was going off about what she was taking and what he needed to do to make the change as simple as possible.

He started reading through the claims on the paper and soon feeling his blood boil, “You want full custody?”

“Will–”

He cut her off, “You’re not taking her from me. We can work this out there isn’t a need to rip this family apart.”

She couldn’t do this to him. He was in need of a lawyer if she wasn’t going to work with him on this. She was not taking Genevieve from him. Genevieve was the world to William. He wasn’t going to lose her; he was going to give Christine on hell of a fight.

He shoved the papers back at her, “I’m not signing those. There is no way in hell you’re taking my daughter.”

Christine’s voice got cold, “I didn’t want this to be harder then it needed to be. Fine, don’t sign them. We’ll go to court and see who is the more fit parent. Then you’ll see why she’ll be given to me.”

William felt his heart break in two, “Get out of my house. You can come get your shit after Genevieve leaves.”

“Where she’s going–Oh, that’s right, your parents. I can do that. I’ll be back.” She left the papers on the table, “Think about it alright? I know you angry but I don’t want this to get nasty. I don’t want this to hurt Genevieve more then it has to.”

William looked up from the papers with a scowl, “You’re not even thinking about her. Just yourself. Always yourself.”

After that Christine left and it took a few minutes for William to collect himself. He ran a hand through his hair and he sighed. He at least had the house and the car. Those were in his name. He figured he’d call up Pete later and would get the name of the lawyer he used. He won and has Bronx now. Though what Christine had said seemed to burn right through him.

He couldn’t be an unfit parent. He’s done everything in his power to give his baby girl everything she needs or even wants.

“Bill.” William looked up at the doorway over to Gabe, “You okay?”

William shook his head, “No.”

William stood up and walked over towards Gabe, “I got help Genevieve pack. She’s going to my parent’s place this weekend.”

Gabe stopped William by putting his arm out to block the exit through the doorway, “What did she say?”

Gabe knew he was going to get an answer. They had been best friends for the longest time. William trusted Gabe with his life and Gabe did the same. William wouldn’t admit it just yet but he was happy Gabe had come to see him. If he hadn’t been here William as sure he would have exploded at Christine.

“She wants full custody.”

“That bitch.”

William glared at Gabe for a second before letting it soften, “I love her Gabe.”

Gabe reached over to hug the slightly shorter male, “I know. But we’ll get you through this. We’ll get a great lawyer and then you don’t have to think about anything else. I’m sure they’ll do at least joint custody.”

William mumbled into Gabe’s shoulder, “I don’t want a divorce Gabe.”

“I know but she obviously isn’t going to give you the time of day otherwise.” Gabe patted William on the back, “Come on, cheer up. I’m here.”

The two made it back to the little one on the couch and William insisted she get packed. Genevieve on the other hand wanted to continue to play the game Gabe had started with her. Gabe just flashed William a smiled before sitting next to her.

“I don’t want to go.”

Gabe turned to her, “Why not?”

Her little voice seemed to bring Gabe’s beaming cheek to cheek smile out, “You don’t get to come.”

Gabe smiled and offered a hug to the little one, “I’ll be here when you get back. Then we can play whatever you want when you get back.”

William held out his hand as Genevieve slid off the couch, “Come on. We’ll get you packed for grandma and grandpa. Gabe can even help.”

Gabe stood up taking his glass of water, “Sure.”

*******
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot! An update. Sorry that it took forever guys. I've been trying to adjust to college life while balancing out everything. I know this is going a little slow but it'll pick up once I settle everything and can really sit down and write. Aka longer deeper chapters. :D

Thanks for reading and please subscribe. You guys make writing worth it.

A special thanks to Hot Chelle Rae, PsychoBarbie and UltraViolett for the love. :D Thanks guys.