I Once Was Lost but Never Was Found

Happy 15th birthday

So they say I was born by my dad raping my mom. I am a rape baby and I wish I wasn’t. At this point in my life I couldn't care less about my dad, but I hear about him from everywhere, since he’s one of the world’s best rockstars, I will give him that. Green Day this, Green Day that; I hate it.

One time on my birthday he called. It was a short conversation very rude and disgusting; I say he shouldn’t even be alive.

*Flashback, 14th birthday*

“You can’t talk to her… why? Because you’re a terrible father!” Mom rolled her eyes and sighed placing a single hand on her left hip. “Fine, but only for a minute.” She walked up to me and then threw the phone at me. “It’s your piece of shit father.” I picked up the phone and sat back on the couch.

“Hello?” I asked the other line.

“Hey honey, happy birthday,” he said, clearing this throat at the end. He sounds guilty for something. “How you been lately?”

“Considering I don’t know you and/or have a father to begin with, terrible and why would you care?” I said, letting 14 years of bottled up anger explode out the top.

“Listen you little bitch, I took time out of my life to call and waste it on saying happy birthday, but you're ungrateful like your whore ass mother!” Then he hung up on me. Best birthday ever!

*End of flashback*

At the moment Mom and I are fighting once again, this time about how I'm like my father. In my mind, I'm nothing like that heartless bastard even a year later once again on my birthday. “You ungrateful brat, I do everything in my power to keep you safe and you go and beat me down like everyone else, just like your father.”

“I'm nothing like him!” I shouted from the couch.

“You have his hair color and his ears and nose, you’re his child, not mine!”

“I didn’t fucking rape you, did I?! I'm nothing like him!” I shouted even louder before running out the door with her money and ID. I ran all the way to the nearest bar. Me and my mom look most alike, that’s why I have her ID; I've used it before here so I know it's gonna work.
Five shots later and two bowls of weed I'm definitely fucked.

"So I don’t have a way to get home.” I told the guy that’s been smoking and drinking me out all night.

“How about I take you home?” he smiled playing with my hair. I flicked his nose playfully and smiled, giggling uncontrollably.

“Maybe, how old are you?”

“32.” I shot up and almost tripped.

“Okay, hun you're way too old for me,” I laughed. Okay so I'm not that fucked. He grabbed my arm before I could turn around to leave.

“You owe me big time for the weed.”

“Well you could be arrested for assault.” I looked down at how hard he was holding onto my arm. “And for giving alcohol to a minor.” He threw my arm back at me and I was kicked out of the bar. I slowly gathered myself and stumbled a few times before I sat down for a smoke. As soon as I took the first drag I gagged until I threw up on the sidewalk of a park.

Holding my stomach I sat up on my knees and felt dizzy again. This is my first time being drunk at all, when I saw my mom drink she never threw up, I feel like shit. “Hey are you okay?” I turned my head and looked up at a really tall figure. I couldn’t see his face because the light post was behind him and it was pitch black outside.

“I'm great, thanks,” I said sarcastically. I turned over and sat down still facing the figure.

“You want some help?” I stared at this figure for a while before answering, he seemed nice, but it could be a killer or a rapist or anyone. He walked on the other side of me where the light shined on his face. Big brown eyes, blonde hair with brown roots showing through and looked kinda muscular. He sat down next to me which I thought was creepy knowing I didn’t know this stranger. “I guess not.”

“Huh? Sorry I was dazing.” He chuckled at me making me smile slightly for the first time in weeks.

“I asked if you would like some help up.” I sighed and nodded to his question that he had repeated to me. As he helped me up I almost fell back down, I was still really dizzy and a bit woozy. I held my head and stood still for a moment.

“I should not have smoked all that bud,” I complained out loud. He laughed at me again.

“So where’s your house?” I shook my head not wanting to tell him where I lived. I felt I didn’t have a home anymore, I was a hobo. I chuckled to myself about that thought. “What's funny,” he asked as we started to stroll through the dark park.

“I'm a hobo.” I smiled to him.

“A hobo, really?” I nodded biting my lip. “We can’t have that; you can’t remember where you live?”

“No I remember, it’s just that I got kicked out.”

“May I ask why?” He stopped and sat down on a bench that was under a lamp post, I sat down next to him.

“My mom hates me, and I have no father to go to because he’s an airheaded asshole. Does that cover everything?” I asked him with a questioning face.

“So you have nowhere to go?”

“Not unless I find a box.” I giggled feeling stupid.

“Come home with me. I'm sure my dad won’t mind, we help people all the time.”

“I don’t need charity. Thanks, though.” I stood up and put my hands in my pockets. “It was nice to meet you….uhmmm...”

“Joey.” He stuck his hand out to shake mine.

“Skyler.” I said back at him.

“Just come to my house for tonight until you figure out where you’re going?” I looked down at my converse and thought for a moment. If I go with him I'll have somewhere to stay for a night. If I don’t, I'm fucked.

“Fine. Let's go to the stranger… Joey's house.” He smiled at me and grabbed my hand to help me up, then we were on the way to his house.

*Joey's house*

All the lights were out at his house and I couldn’t see a thing, so I tripped on what was a carpet. “Ow fuck!” I semi shouted grabbing my hand and suddenly feeling warm liquid.

“You ok?” he asked closing the door behind himself and rushing over to me. “What happened?”

“I tripped on your carpet, stupid carpet!”

“Don’t blame the carpet, come on.” He grabbed my arm and walked me to the nearest bathroom to clean it up. I sat on the toilet holding my bloody hand while examining it. I looked up and he had rubbing alcohol. I pulled my hand away from his grip.

“Dude that shit burns!”

“Do you want an infection?” He asked seriously staring me down with his brown eyes. I shook my head and gave him my hand waiting for the burn. “Here, bite on this.” He handed me a cloth and I stuck it in my mouth to bite on when hit hurt and stung. I bit down as hard as I could when I felt the burn of the alcohol hit my wound. “It looks like you hit it pretty badly, it won’t stop bleeding.”

“Fuck,” I groaned in pain and tilted my head back. This hurts and my hand's swelling up and it's kinda red and slightly purple. I might have broken something.

“Can you move it or does it hurt too much to move?” I shook my head. “Well I'll wrap it up for now, and in the morning if it’s still like this, we'll go to the hospital.” I looked up at him in awe, I didn’t know what to say, no one has ever been this nice to me. Ever.

“Thank you,” I whispered after he was done wrapping it in gauze.

“That’s what friends do for each other, right? They take care of one another and no problem.” A friend, that’s what I had, a friend, finally a fucking friend. I smiled widely at him and we exited the bathroom to his room. “Make yourself at home, what's yours is mine.” I sat on the couch in his room that was in front of a small flat screen that had video game systems on it. On the left wall was a Green Day poster, I rolled my eyes and sighed.

“You’re a fan of that band?” I asked harshly. He walked over towards me and sat down next to me.

“Yeah, why?”

“See the lead singer?” He nodded looking away. “He’s my dad and the airheaded asshole I was talking about” Joey shot his head up at me.

“He’s your dad?” I nodded as he stood up, like he was in disbelief. “That’s my dad.” My eyebrows raised and I was shocked.

“So you're my brother then?”

“I guess, why do you call him an airheaded asshole?”

“Because I was a rape baby, he raped my mom and that’s how I was born and know they both hate me and I'm in his house”

“Well this just got awkward.” He sat on his bed staring at the ground. “I have a little sister, who knew?” He chuckled to himself. “Well night sis.”

“Night.” I slept on the couch in his room. I passed out think of what will happen tomorrow, will my dad know who I am and hurt me like he did mom, or will he not notice who I am and let me stay? Honestly I'm scared out of my mind for tomorrow to come. “Happy birthday,” I whispered to myself, “happy fucking birthday."
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry short chapter :) comments?