Don't Leave Me

1/3

I woke up to an empty bed, no doubt an empty house as well. I sighed and stood up, feeling an ache all over. I frowned and lifted my shirt to see black and blue almost everywhere. …Lucas must’ve been mad yesterday.

I, carefully, made my way to our bathroom and turned the water on hot. I waited for it to heat up before getting in, cringing in pain when I did. I showered quickly, but gently and then got out to get in some sweats and one of Lucas’s t-shirts.

I laid in our bed and cuddled into his pillows - they smelt like him.

My friends think I’m insane for staying with Lucas, but I’m not. I know he loves me. It doesn’t matter what he can do in a fit of rage, what matters is that afterwards he always kisses the marks that he’s made. He always gets a look of guilt seeing a bruise and he always apologizes too much. I know for a fact that he loves me and I love him too. That is why I won’t leave.

The front door opened and closed quietly and he made his way to our room. He was being quiet incase I was sleeping. He walked in, in his suit, and smiled seeing me. “You’re awake,” He murmured, sitting beside me.

I nodded. “Yea. Just woke up a little bit ago. How was work?”

He kissed my forehead, softly, and then went to the closet to change. “It was fine,” He answered. He left the closet in some pajama pants. I looked at the clock to see it was almost five PM. I slept the day away…

Lucas got in the bed and laid next to me. He pulled me into his arms and I winced at the pain from my bruises. Lucas froze and pulled the covers down and the shirt up a bit. A frown made it’s way to his face and he gently kissed my torso.

“I…I didn’t mean to,” He told me, guilt present in his eyes and words. “I am so, so, so, so sorry, Sammy.” He began kissing the bruises again.

I lifted his head from my stomach and kissed his lips. “It’s okay, Lucas… I’m fine.”

He scoffed. “This isn’t fine, Sam.” He ran his fingers through his hair, angry at himself.

I looked at him through my eyelashes. “Can we just…cuddle, please?” I asked.

He sighed and nodded. “Of course.” He laid down and I shifted so I could be close to him. “I’m so sorry, Sammy,” He told me again. He huffed, frustrated. “How do you put up with me?” He asked, his voice sad.

I looked up at him and saw he was looking at me. I raked my fingers through his blonde hair. “Cause I love you and I know you love me,” I answered, kissing his chest instead of hurting myself to kiss his lips.

He sighed. “How do you know though? With the way I treat you, I can’t even see why you stay.”

I took his hand in mine and kissed it. “Can’t you hear yourself now? As soon as you found the bruises, you started kissing them. You feel guilty and I can tell you love me. That’s why I stay. I love you so much I don’t think I could last a day without you.”

“I love you, Sam,” He told me softly, leaning down to kiss my lips.

When we pulled away I smiled at him. “I love you too, Lucas.”

He rubbed my stomach and traced the bruises with his fingertips, lightly. “Are you hungry?” He asked, quietly.

I nodded and licked my lips. “Yea. I haven’t eaten all day.”

He chuckled. “I’ll order a cheese and olive pizza. Sound good?”

I smiled. “Sounds great.”

He kissed me softly and I tangled my hands in his hair as he moved to hover over me. He licked my lips and I parted them to meet his tongue. Our tongues danced together before we pulled away breathless. He moved to lay back down and I laid my head on his chest. He took his cell phone out of his pocket and called the pizza place. He played with my hair as he ordered and I traced my fingers on his bare chest.

I closed my eyes and sighed in content. Laying in Lucas’s arms made me happy. I didn’t want to ever leave and I wanted time to freeze right now. We stayed in that position until there was a knock at the door. Lucas sighed and got up carefully. “I’ll be right back,” He told me.

I nodded and he left the room. I heard him and the pizza guy talking before I heard the door shut. Lucas came back in our room a little after with the pizza and two cups of water balanced on the box. He sat the box on the bed and sat down carefully. He smiled and handed me my cup of water.

“Here. For the pain,” He said, frowning, and handing me two ibuprofens.

I smiled and took the pills. “Thank you.” I sat up against the pillows and leaned over to kiss him. He kissed back and then we pulled away. He opened the box and took his own piece while I took mine. We ate like this a lot, on our bed. We didn’t have many home cooked meals, cause I can’t cook and Lucas doesn’t like to. “I love you,” I told him randomly, starting on my second piece.

He smiled. “I love you too.” He put his pizza down, so I did the same. He crawled closer to me and caressed my cheek. “So, so much,” He muttered, his lips inching closer to mine. I connected our lips and smiled into the kiss.

I love him so much. I don’t care about the bruises, I will always love him.