Don't Leave Me

2/3

Most of my bruises were now a faint yellow. I was happy about that since they now didn’t hurt too much. Lucas was always asking if I was hurt and I replied “no. Be quiet.” every time. Jokingly of course.

He was having a cruddy day, according to his texts. The people who worked with him weren’t doing their jobs right and he was getting blamed for almost everything. I decided to clean while he was gone and then when he texted me telling me he was leaving, I ordered his favorite from the Chinese place he liked so much. Sure, I didn’t like Chinese, but that wasn’t the point.

The Chinese got here before he did, so I took some money from our cookie jar to pay for it. I did feel bad for not going out to make money, but Lucas told me to stay home and relax and that he’d buy me anything I wanted.

I set the table with his food and my white rice before the door opened and slammed. “Sammy?” He called.

“Kitchen. I got you food.” I smiled at him when he came in. His scowl turned into a slight smile.

“But you hate Chinese,” He muttered, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I shrugged. “You haven’t had it in a while and I like rice.” I got on my tippy-toes to press a kiss to his lips. “Go get in something comfier.” I slapped his ass, playfully, with a smile.

He smiled back and kissed me before going to our bedroom. I smiled and got us each a cup of water. I was happy that I could make him smile and forget about his bad day. He came back into the kitchen in some jeans and a random t-shirt. He smiled. “We haven’t used the table in a while.”

I chuckled. “No, we haven’t.”

We sat down together and ate our dinner, tangling our feet together under the table. We didn’t talk about anything because we didn’t need to talk. We were just about finished when the doorbell rang. “I got it,” Lucas told me, kissing my lips before leaving to answer the door.

I heard a crash after the door opened and furrowed my eyebrows. I got up and hurried into the living room to see my brother - Ryan - and Lucas fighting. Ryan looked pissed off and Lucas looked confused but angry…

“Guys! Stop!!” I yelled.

Ryan ignored me and kept trying to hurt Lucas. “God…Damn…Bastard.” I heard him muttering.

I grabbed Ryan’s arm and tried to make him stop. “Ryan, stop it,” I said.

“Fuck no,” He growled. “If this bastard thinks he can get away with hurting my brother, he’s dead ass wrong.”

“Sammy, just let him do what he came to do,” Lucas said.

“No!!” I shouted. “I’m not going to let you two fight. Ryan, knock it off. Now,” I demanded. I wanted to rub my not good bruises so badly, but I knew it’d only make Ryan’s temper worst.

Ryan stepped away from Lucas, glaring a lot. He glanced at me and furrowed his eyebrows. “Something’s wrong with you… What’d you do to him, fuck-tard?” He snarled at Lucas.

“He didn’t do anything,” I told him, moving to stand in front of my boyfriend.

Ryan scoffed, still glaring at Lucas. “Bullshit, Sam. This guy is an asshole and almost everyone knows he beats you. Now move so I can kick his ass.”

“Two wrongs don’t make a right,” I told him. “And I’m not moving so you can hurt him.”

“Sammy… just go back to our room,” Lucas commanded, softly.

“No, I’m not going away.”

Ryan grabbed my arm, half-way gently, and glared at Lucas. “Stay,” He growled. He pulled me back into the bedroom and closed the door, leaning against it. “Sam, tell me what the hell he did to you,” Ryan commanded, not softly at all.

I shook my head. “He didn’t do anything,” I lied. I didn’t care if he had hurt me, I loved him and I wasn’t letting Ryan hurt him.

Ryan studied me for a moment before grabbing my chin in his hand and pulling my face close to his and looking at my face for marks, I assumed. He let go of my face and pulled the sleeves up on my shirt to look at my shoulders and upper-arms. He then pulled my shirt up to my neck and let a low growl leave his lips. “This is “he didn’t do anything”??” He demanded. He left the room and I ran after him. I threw myself between him and my love right as Ryan threw his fist at Lucas.

And then… it was dark.

x x x

Beep… Beep… Beep… Beep…

I squeezed my eyes shut more hearing an annoying beeping. I heard snoring as well as someone pacing. I tried opening my eyes to find my eyelids were heavier than usual. With much effort, they opened and I saw my blonde-haired beauty walking back and forth, occasionally running his fingers through his hair. I noticed his hair was tousled.

I looked around the room to find the source of the dreadful beeping - that being the heart rate monitor - and the source of the snoring - that being my brother.

I shifted in the bed only to let out a whimper in pain. I felt like I got hit with a train. Lucas stopped pacing and looked at me. He ran over to the chair beside the bed and took my hand in his and kissed my forehead. “You’re awake,” He murmured.

“Yea,” I muttered, my voice sounding scratchy.

He ran his fingers through my hair, softly and slow. “They said you could’ve never woken up… But you did.”

I smiled, weakly. “Well I had to wake up for you.”

He caressed my cheek. “I’ll always love you, Sammy. Okay?”

I nodded. “I’ll always love you too, Lucas. No matter what.”

He kissed my forehead and Ryan shot up in his seat. He looked at me and a look of guilt crossed his features. “Hey, bro… How you feelin’?”

I shrugged. “Pretty good, I guess.”

He nodded. Lucas looked at Ryan. “Can we talk, really fast?”

I squeezed Lucas’s hand and whimpered. “No.”

He smiled, reassuringly at me. “We won’t fight, love. I promise.”

“Yea, I promise too,” Ryan said.

I nodded, frowning still. Lucas kissed my lips and smiled before he and Ryan left the room. I followed the line on the heartbeat monitor with my eyes while waiting for them to get back. They Lucas came back in and sat in the chair beside my bed. “Where’s Ry?” I asked.

He took my hand in his and smiled. “He’s giving us some alone time.”

I smiled and leaned over to kiss him. He kissed me back and slowly ran his tongue over my lip, I parted my lips in response and met his tongue with mine, eagerly. We deepened the kiss in little ways and I heard my heartbeat pick up. Lucas pulled away and gave a small chuckle.

“We gotta be careful, love. I don’t want to hurt you.” He rubbed the pad of his thumb on my cheek and I smiled. I tried to stifle the yawn that I knew was coming, but it was out and Lucas knew I was tired now. He smiled softly and leaned down to kiss me. “Sleep, honey.”

I pouted. “But I don’t want to. I want to just be with you.”

“I know. And I’m right here. Go to sleep, baby.” He stroked my hair and I sighed quietly.

I held his hand, tightly, and closed my eyes. “I love you, Lucas.”

“I love you too, Sammy,” He murmured as I slipped into sleep. “I always will.”