Status: COMPLETED :)

Light The Way

Chapter 9

-The Next Morning-
I walked to school and went straight to Kat's locker. I had to tell her first, we've been through so much as friends.
"Hey I-I have some news," I said softly.

"What's up? Why do you look so sad?" She asked.

"I'm moving back to Colorado," I said still in shock that I was leaving.
"You're kidding me right? Sam, please tell me that this is a fucked up joke,"  She replied. I shook my head.

"I'm sorry," I saw her eyes look down to her feet her eyes started to tear. It wasn't hard to get Kat to cry, she was a very emotional person. "Kat don't. Kat don't cry. I'll be back before you notice it." I added hugging her.

"I'm not going to cry," She paused wiping her tears. "I'm just really going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too."

"We'll hang out later. Ok?" Kat added. I nodded and walked away to my locker.

"Hey, doll-face," Alex stated leaning against my locker. How did he manage to get to my locker every morning with a new nickname for me? It was uncanny.

"Why are you always by my locker in the morning, Gaskarth?" I asked, laughing softly.

"Because I still like bothering you to and extent."

"Makes sense," I replied turning to my locker to get what I need. "I should tell you something."

"What?" He asked, "Are you madly in love with me?"

"NO, not even close, but nice try."

"How could you turn this down?" He asked gesturing to himself, we laughed slightly. "Seriously though, what's up?"

"I'm moving back to Colorado." His eyes gre wide.

"You're kidding."

"Nope," I replied looking down.

"When are you leaving?"

"Next Friday."

"OH, that is bullshit! We didn't even have our sleepover yet!" He exclaimed. I laughed.

"Why do you always have to make me laugh during serious times?  I shouldn't be laughing right now!"

"But, you are and laughter is the best medicine next to, ya know, real medicine," I shook my head as we walked to class together.

**
Lunch rolled around soon enough and by now, all my friends knew that I was moving-everyone but Zack. If he hated me or not, he needed to know. I needed to talk to talk to him. I saw him sitting at a lunch table with a few of his friends. I walked up to him and tapped his shoulder getting his attention.


"Can we talk?" I asked softly. he nodded, told his friends thay he'd be right back and walked outside the cafeteria with me.

"I'm sorry," I stated softly.

"For what?" He asked.

"Lying to you."

"About?"He asked I could tell he was either genuinely confused or just playing dumb.

"Goddammit, Zachary! The other day, I lied to you about not feeling anything when we kissed. I didn't know what to say, so I freaked!" I exclaimed. I stood closer to him, our noses nearly touching.

"No, you didn't. You don't have to say anything to make me feel better, you did it because Leikin told y-" I cut him off. by kissing him softly. I pulled away and he looked puzzled.

"Leikin's not here," I replied

"Fine, I believe you," He said kissing me again. I could feel his heart racing in his chest matching mine. I really didn't want to leave him. He pulled back softly, his nose against mine.

"So, does this mean that we're together now?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I'm sorry Zack. We can't, I'm moving back to Colorado." I replied softly. His eyes dropped from happy to kind of depressed.

"So, as soon as I can have you, you're leaving?" He asked. I nodded.

"Can we at least make the most of this week?" I asked

"Wait? You're leaving next week?"

"Yep, My mom told me last night, so I have to pack everything I have up in one week."

"Well, I'm gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you, too." I replied.

-Chapter Songlist-
If It Means A Lot To You - A Day To Remember

♠ ♠ ♠
So, There you go, everyone knows. What do you think about Sam and Zack now? Was that expected? Thanks for reading. I love you, Comment subscribe, and Recommend.  :)