Status: Slow updates, but active

Another 7 Days

Day 0

7 years later

Still a little tired from the long flight the 23 year old brown hair boy stepped into the warm California air. He picked up his suitcase and started searching for a cab.

His band, All Time Low, had just come back from a 3 month long tour in Europe and Alex decide to have a short vacation in Cali before starting their new US tour. He was only staying there for a week, but Alex really could use a little break, just enjoying the good weather, not having to worry about anything.

He looked around, remembering the last time he’d been there. It been 7 years, but he still could remember every little detail about her.

For a few seconds he wondered if she still lived there. What happened to her? What did she look like? Would he recognize her if he bumped in to her? Was she happy? Did she still remember him?

Alex shook his head. No, he shouldn’t dwell on the past. It had been 7 years for crying out loud. He was just going to enjoy his week off before heading to Europe for a three month long tour.

A lot had changed since that one summer he’d spend here. He no longer was that dorky teenage boy he once was, but the lead singer of a very popular and successful band. Yes, Alex certainly was living his dream.

He climbed into a cab and headed off to his hotel. Thinking it going to be just another week. Oh, how wrong he was.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Autumn Daii (pronounced as “Day”) pinned her long auburn hair up in a simple, but elegant bun. She straightened the knee-long skirt that was part of her uniform and took a look in the mirror. She quickly applied some dark red lipstick on her naturally pink lips and left her small, but cozy apartment. It wasn’t much, but it was all she could afford working as a receptionist at one of the seaside hotels.

She got into her car and drove to work, expecting it was going to be just another week, like any other. If she’d know then and there how the rest of that week was going to be she would have turned her car around that very second. But fortunately, or maybe unfortunately depending how you looked at it, she couldn’t predict the future. And so Autumn drove to work that particular Monday morning, just like she did every day. Nowhere near prepared for the following 7 days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The drive from the airport to the hotel was short, a little over 30 minutes. Alex climbed out of the cab and yawned a little, the time difference finally catching up with him. He decided to take a nap first and go for a walk later. Placing his sunglasses on top of his head he headed to the lobby.

He wanted to check-in, but saw there were a couple of people in front of him. Too tired to wait in line he sat down in one of the big, comfortable chairs, facing the counter.

He studied the people in the lobby. There was an elderly couple sitting on the couch on the other side of the lobby, just talking to each other, two families with small children, one was waiting in line while the other family was talking to some blond girl behind the desk as a noisy group of teenagers walked in chatting and goofing around.

Alex let his gaze wander across the room, taking it all in, before letting it rest on the other girl behind the desk. She was talking to one of the guest that was waiting in line, while typing something in on the computer in front of her.

The man she was talking to had an annoyed expression on his face. After a few minutes the man didn’t longer looked annoyed, but plain angry. “I’m going out. This better be solved when I get back!” “Yes, sir. Of course sir. We’re very sorry.” The girl mumbled as the man stormed out.

Alex slowly got up, walking over to the girl. She smiled at him. “Welcome to the Seaside Bay Hotel, how can I help you?” Alex looked the girl up and down, she looked so familiar, had he met her before? “Uhm.. I’m Alex Gaskarth, I’m here to check-in.” “Of course sir, just a moment please.” She typed in a few thing In the computer and handed him the keycard. “Here you go sir, enjoy your stay.” Another smile, Alex couldn’t help but notice how fake all of her smile were, like she rather be somewhere else instead of being stuck behind that desk.

He took the keycard from her and his eyes fell on the nametag that was pinned right beneath the hotel logo on the dark blue blazer she was wearing. His eyes immediately snapped back up to her face in shock. No, this wasn’t possible! There was no way she could be…..

“Autumn!” A voice interrupted the moment. Alex looked up to see an older woman, wearing the same uniform as the two girl behind the counter, waving at Autumn. “Can I talk to you in my office for a second? April is sick so I need to work out a new schedule for this week, but in order to do that I need to know which days you’re available.”

Autumn let go of the keycard and walked over to the lady, maybe a tat too quickly than necessary.

Alex watched her walk away, completely frozen in shock. Was that Autumn!? Was that really the girl he fell in love with that summer, seven years ago. Could it really be her? Alex had to know, he knew he couldn’t just walk away from this. He had to be sure it was her.

So that’s how Alex ended up at the back of the hotel a couple of hours later. He was leaning against the wall next to the staff entrance, waiting for Autumn’s shift to end.

Al little after three the door opened and Alex saw the familiar figure running past him. “Hey, wait up.” He said, but the girl didn’t hear him. “Hold on a second. Autumn, please wait.” At the sounds of her name she finally turned around. “How do you know my name.” She demanded. “And what do you want from me?” Alex held his hands up in defense. “Wow, easy. I know you’re name because it’s on your jacket and I only wanted to talk to you for a minute.”

Autumn studied the strange guy for a few seconds and shrugged. “Fine. Talk.” Alex smiled. “You’re Autumn right? Autumn Daii? You’ve lived here your whole life. And you’re what? 22? 23 years now?” Alex said and Autumn froze. Okay, maybe she’d over reacted when he knew her first name, it had been on her nametag after all, but how on earth did he know all that other stuff. “How did you know that!” She said, her voice had a frightened edge. “Who are you?”

Alex chuckled a little. “Jeesh Autumn, chill. It’s me, Alex, Alex Gaskarth. We met like 7 years ago, when we were 16. I was spending the summer over here with my family and it was one of the best summers ever.” As he was talking he was hoping to see some hint of recognition, to see a glint of a memory in her eyes.

But there was nothing. She just stared at him with a blank expression, unfazed by his words. “No sorry, doesn’t ring a bell.” She said coldly. She watched Alex face drop.

“But….but…. You’re Autumn.” He stammered. “How can you not remember that summer? How can you not remember all that time we spend together. How much I loved you, even back then. I made you a promise Autumn, the day I left I made you a promise, how can you not remember that.” Alex said, his voice a little louder than before. “I promised you I would never forget you, never! And I’ve kept that promise Autumn, in all those years I haven’t forgotten about you!”

Autumn took a step back, a little shocked by the intensity of his words. “Look, I think you have to wrong person. Yes, my name is Autumn and yes, I’m 22 almost 23 and I’ve lived here my whole life, but I’m not that girl you’re talking about. I don’t even know you! You must be talking about another Autumn.”

She was about to leave, but Alex stopped her by grabbing her arm gently. “No.” He said stubbornly. “I know it’s you. I’m pretty sure there’s only on Autumn Daii here who actually looks like an autumn day.” He smiled a little at their old ‘joke’. Alex had always find the name fitting for the girl he fell in love with 7 years ago.

This was because Autumn Daii looked like an autumn day. She was long and slender with long, wavy auburn colored hair which had a reddish glow in the sunlight. Her eyes were big and a warm, dark brown with, if you looked close enough, gold specks in them.

“Let go of me!” She hissed and Alex did as she said. “I’m sorry.” He mumbled. “I just…. You… I mean…. Please remember.” He begged. He sounded so sad and almost…. heartbroken that Autumn was starting to feel bad for the poor boy. “Look, Alex was it? I’m sorry, but I’m not that girl.”

“Yes, you are.” He said. “Let me prove it to you.” “How?” Autumn asked skeptically. “Let me help you remember.”He said simply. “I’m only here for about a week, I’m leaving next Tuesday early in the morning. Just give me this week, that’s all I’m asking for, just 7 days. If you don’t remember by Monday night I’ll promise I’ll never bother you again, ever.” Alex knew it was a big risk, but he was confident she would remember before the end of the week.

Autumn looked at him, seeming to be deep in thought. After what felt like a lifetime she nodded. “Fine, go ahead. 7 days, that’s all you get and not a second more, starting tomorrow.” She said before walking to her car.
♠ ♠ ♠
And the first real chapter is up :)
I hope this kinda explains the title.

So what do you think, is Autumn really the same Autumn Alex met 7 years ago?
Let me know what you think by leaving a comment *hinthint* :)

Love, Felicia