Status: ON HIATUS.

You'll Never Leave My Heart.

c h a p t e r f i f t e e n .

I never had problems with the fact that my parents were always away. Sure, it bothered me a little when I was twelve and going through my ‘omg-everybody-hates-me-and-nobody-loves-me’ phase, but I got over it because I realized that them being away was to my advantage. It’s not like I held it over their head every time we got into an argument that they were always away- hell, I hardly even got into arguments with my parents. But the semi-lecture I got the next morning when I got up, was completely uncalled for.

“Anamae Elizabeth Harrison- what is this?!” I immediately shot up at the sudden voice. I saw my mom standing in the door way in her suit type thing. I felt Asher’s arm now resting on my lap and then I remembered he was shirtless. Oh, it probably did look a little bit bad.

“Mom, can you not be so loud?” I asked. “It’s a tad bit unpleasant waking up to that.”

“You’re half-naked in your bed with some boy!” she exclaimed.

I looked down at Asher, who was just lightly snoring- as if my mom wasn’t screaming much too loudly at me for no reason. I rolled my eyes and gently moved his arm off of me then climbed over him to get off my bed. “Let’s go downstairs before you wake up the whole neighborhood, please?” I asked.

She gave me a look. “Fine,” she said. I followed her downstairs, putting on my glasses because it hurt to strain my eyes to see and my contacts obviously weren’t in. We got to the kitchen and I sat down on the stool. My mom held the onto the edge of the counter and gave me a stern look, telling me to explain.

“We weren’t half naked,” I said.

“He was shirtless!” she said.

“Because he’s guy and they sometimes sleep like that,” I said. “I’m fully dressed and he had on sweatpants.” She didn’t say anything. “I don’t understand why you’re being like this. Cameron slept over all the time- before, during and after- we dated and you never said anything.”

“During the time you two dated, he slept on the couch,” she told me. Like that would make a difference.

“And before and after- while we weren’t dating, he slept in my room, in my bed. And he always just slept in his boxers,” I pointed out.

I don’t think she had anymore valid points. “So?” she said.

“So, Asher- the guy upstairs- is my friend.” Technically I wasn’t lying, right? “Just like Cameron is.”

She sighed. “Well, I just would’ve appreciated you told me first,” she said.

“You don’t like it when I call you because you could be in a meeting or something,” I pointed out.

“A voicemail would’ve been lovely,” she said.

“Sorry,” I said. “I’ll call next time, promise.”

“Thank you,” she said, finally ending her motherly stare toward me. She started making a pot of coffee. “so who is this boy and why haven’t I seen him around before?”

Because you aren’t here most of the time. “His name’s Asher, and I just started hanging out with him a couple days ago,” I said.

“Is he your boyfriend?” she asked.

“No,” I said.

“He looked cute,” she commented. This is what I don’t get- first she freaks out for no reason, now she’s talking about him being cute?

“That’s great, mom,” I said, getting up and getting a blueberry pop tart. “I’m gonna go upstairs and wake him up. What time is it anyway?”

“Eleven,” she said. I nodded and then went upstairs two steps at a time. When I got up there Asher was laying in the same position as before. I took a bite out of my pop tart before setting it on my desk and then plopping onto Asher‘s back.

He opened his eyes slowly- like I hadn’t just jumped onto him. What a light sleeper. He lifted his head to look at me sideways. “Good morning,” he said, tiredly. I only took a couple seconds to be in awe at his voice.

“Mornin’,” I said.

“I could get used to waking up like this…”

I laughed and got off of him. “Don’t,” I said. I’m glad it wasn’t awkward after our hour or so make out session last night. Afterward, he just gave me one more quick kiss and then we both fell asleep.

“What time is it?” he asked, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

“Eleven something,” I said as I got up to grab my pop tarts. “cute bed head.”

“Always,” he said. “can I have one of those?”

“You expect me to give you one of my pop tarts?” I asked. “Puh-lease.”

“Pretty please?” he asked, pouting slightly- it was adorable.

I sighed dramatically. “Fine,” I said, giving him the second pop tart. I sat at the end of the bed. “my mom’s home.”

“Is she going to freak out because I’m here?” he asked as he chewed the pop tart.

“She already did,” I said. “which I don’t get, because Cameron has slept over plenty of times.”

He laughed. “I told you, it’s because I’m sexy. Parents get intimidated by a sexy guy being in their daughter’s bed,” he said.

“Right, I’m sure that’s it,” I said.

“You wear glasses?” he asked.

“We’ve been talking for a couple minutes, and you just now notice huge glasses on my face?” I asked.

“I’m not very observant, sorry,” he said, rolling his eyes.

“Well, yeah, I do. Obviously,” I said.

“You look cute with them,” he complimented me, like it was an everyday thing. I blushed slightly. He looked up and grinned. “So what are you doing today?”

“Um, I don’t know yet. Why?” I asked.

“Because now, you’re hanging out with me,” he said, grin still on his face.

“Oh?” I asked. “What are we doing?”

“I don’t know, we’ll find something,” he said. “I don’t feel like being bored or inside all day. So, we are going to find something that has to do with being outside. Go get dressed so we can stop by my house, change and then find somewhere to go.”

“Demanding, are we?” I joked.

“Only because you like it, babe,” he said, winking at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
bring me the horizon concert last night, was amazing. <3
but yeah, you guys know what to do. comment, subscribe, yaknowww.