Status: ON HIATUS.

You'll Never Leave My Heart.

c h a p t e r f o u r t e e n .

I wasn’t a person to be dramatic or scream during movies that scared me- even if I got scared of movies easily. And believe me- I tried to suck it up and not hide my face as much as possible because I didn’t want to annoy Asher or anything. But I guess me hiding behind his arm got old, because he put his arm around me. I’d be stupid to not take advantage of the situation- but I didn’t want to go overboard. This moment was way too ridiculously cliché.

“I didn’t realize you got scared this easily,” Asher whispered to me, chuckling.

“I told you it’d scare me,” I whispered back, before jumping- once again- at a scary part. I hid my face in his shirt. I couldn’t help but notice how good he smelled whenever I did. It was a mix of fresh laundry and some kind of cologne that more guys should definitely wear. I felt my eyes get a little tired, so I decided to close them for a couple of seconds.

Image

“Anamae… Anamae, wake up.” I felt somebody gently shaking me. My eyes fluttered opened and they burned for a second due to the bright lights.

“Is the movie over?” I asked in a groggy voice.

Asher chuckled. “Yeah, it is,” he said.

“Cameron’s mom is here and she’s gonna take me home,” Aarica said, before turning to Asher. “do you need a ride?”

“If it’s not too much trouble,” he said. He stood up, checking his pockets. “has anybody seen my house key?” Everybody shook their heads no. “Dammit, I think I left it at home. Uh, you guys can go ahead. I have to figure everything out.”

“Alright, don’t stay up too late, Anamae,” Aarica said, winking at me. I gave her and Cameron a hug before they left.

“Are you sure you brought your key?” I asked Asher as we searched through the couch for his key.

“I could’ve sworn I did,” he said, before he stopped looking suddenly. “I didn’t. I set it on the table when I went to go get my cell phone and- ah, fuck.”

“Um, you could stay here tonight,” I offered. “tell your mom that you’re sleeping on a different floor.”

He chuckled. “I don’t really have a choice. My parents are probably asleep by now and they’d get more pissed that I woke them up at this hour rather than me staying here. So if you don’t mind…” he trailed.

“Yeah, of course you can stay here,” I said. I turned the TV off and all the lights off, not bothering to pick up our mess. “follow me.” I grabbed his hand to guide him through the almost completely dark house. I turned my light on when we made it to my room.

“Cute room,” he commented as we walked in.

I laughed. “Of course,” I said. “I think Cameron might’ve left some of his clothes here…” I started looking through my drawers and I found a pair of sweatpants that always fell off of my hips. “Here, I think these should fit you fine. They’re a bit too big for me. As for a shirt, I don’t think I can help you. Unless you want to borrow my dad’s.”

He chuckled. “I can just wear this shirt,” he said. “where’s your bathroom?”

I pointed to the door next to my dresser and he nodded, walking into the bathroom and shutting the door. I turned my fan on and stripped off my shirt, leaving me in a white tank top. I slipped on some red basketball shorts and just threw my hair up in a sloppy bun.

“Hey, would you mind if-” As soon as I looked at Asher I just blanked. He was shirtless, just standing there in the sweatpants I let him wear- which didn’t exactly fit him the way sweatpants should but weren’t too small. I was barely paying attention to those though- all I could pay attention to was his body. He was thin, but not too skinny and he was strong but not too[I/] strong. Here we go with being cliché again, but he was perfect. “Anamae?” his voice broke my thoughts.

“Sorry, what?” I asked. I felt the blush creep up to my face.

He chuckled. “I asked if it was fine that I didn’t wear a shirt. It’s kinda hot in your room,” he said.

“That’s fine,” I said a little too quickly. “I mean, yeah. If you want.”

He laughed again. “Alright,” he said, throwing his shirt on my computer chair. “so where am I sleeping?”

“Not to be rude, but I’d like to sleep in my bed. Nowhere else is comfortable enough to sleep,” I said. “so if you’d like, we can share the bed as long as you don’t molest me. Or you could take the floor or couch or something.”

Me molest you?” he asked, laughing. “Weren’t you the one staring at me just a couple seconds ago?”

“Pfft, no,” I said, turning away from him and moving extra stuff off of my bed so he couldn’t see my blush. “I think you’re seeing things.”

“Oh, of course I am,” he said. “I have no problem sleeping in the bed.”

I turned off the main light, leaving the Christmas lights on I had hanging up everywhere. I got into the bed and got comfortable. “Then sleep in the bed,” I said, turning to face the wall.

I felt the bed sink next to me and then I felt him laying next to me. I think my bed was a double, so it wasn’t like there was much room for two people to sleep with a lot of space. As much as I didn’t want to face toward Asher, I had to because I couldn’t get comfortable laying on my right side. So I turned around and I saw him looking at me.

“What?” I asked.

He sat up a little bit and moved the pieces of hair that didn’t get stuck in my pony tail. Before I could ask anything else, his lips were attached to mine. Of course I wasn’t going to complain or stop him to ask any questions.
♠ ♠ ♠
baby, you light up my world like nobody else. the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed. ♥ oh my god that song and harry and omgomg liam they're just uuuhhgg.
anyway, lovely comments guys. continue please? :)