Status: ON HIATUS.

You'll Never Leave My Heart.

c h a p t e r s e v e n t e e n .

I put on a pair of Asher’s boxers and t-shirt that he gave me. I decided to just take a shower at Asher’s house, so he put my wet clothes in the washer and let me borrow his clothes. I’d been quiet the entire ride back to his house. I just felt way too awkward to actually say anything. Maybe it was just me- because it’s not like I get into heated make out sessions every other day- but I felt like it was a lot different than the other times we made out.

Asher walked into his bedroom in a white shirt and jeans, drying his hair with a towel. He took a seat at the head of his bed while I was sitting on the end. “Um, your clothes should only take about 30 more minutes,” he said.

I nodded. “Thanks for washing them for me,” I said and he just nodded. Awkward silence filled the room.

“Are you mad at me?” he finally broke the silence. “I really didn’t know you’d get that mad from me throwing you in the pool and I’m really, really sorry. If I had known you didn’t want to get in that bad, I wouldn’t have-”

“Asher, calm down,” I told him, turning myself sideways to look at him. “I’m not mad at you, I promise.”

“Then what’s wrong?” he asked, seeming desperate to know. “I mean, shit, I feel like I’m about to suffocate in the tension. Is it because of what happened in the pool?” I kept quiet as I picked at my chipped purple nail polish. “Seriously? We’ve kissed before.”

“It seemed different today,” I blurted out. “before- when we kissed- they were simple. But this time, it seemed different.”

He gave me a confused look, before blinking a couple of times. “Look, Anamae,” he started. “I like you. A lot. I mean, I know we haven’t known each other that long but I feel like I’ve known you my entire life. That’s never happened to me before.”

“Me either, but it’s just- I don’t know,” I said.

“I can tell you have feelings for me, too. There is no way this connection is only a one way thing. You have to feel it too,” he said.

“I do, but I don’t know anything about you, Asher,” I said.

“That’s why you’re being weird? Because you don’t know anything about me?” he asked, seeming amused.

“Yes!” I said. “Is that so weird?”

He chuckled. “Alright,” he said. “my name is Asher Elliot Simmons, I’m 18 years old, I’m from London, I live with my parents, I love drawing so I became a tattoo artist, my parents own a diner that I rarely work at, my favorite color is green, I write lyrics and I’m 100% sure that I am falling for you.” He studied my face. “Good enough?”

“Um, yeah,” I said, a little taken back. “I didn’t know your favorite color was green.”

He laughed. “That was probably the most irrelevant thing I told you, and you mention that?” he said, shaking his head. “You’re something, you know that?”

“I’ve actually always considered myself someone, actually,” I joked.

He smiled, his eyes shining. “Tell me about you,” he said.

“Okay, well, my name is Anamae Elizabeth Harrison, I’m 17, I’ve lived here all my life, I live with my parents, I’m awful at drawing, I love singing even if I’m not that good, my favorite color is pink, I don’t have a job and… yeah,” I said, not really knowing what else to say.

“You forgot to add that you fantasize about me every night,” he mentioned.

“But I thought that was already a known fact?” I teased.

“Eh, never hurts to say it out loud,” he said.

“Well, I was taught to only say the truth so, it’ll be kinda hard to say that,” I said, smirking.

“You think you’re funny, don’t you?” he asked me, grinning.

“I know I am,” I corrected. He looked at me a little longer, smiling. “What?” I had started to get self-conscious.

“Nothing.” he said, shaking his head. “I just find it funny how you can’t admit your feelings for me.”

“I admitted it earlier!” I said.

“I don’t remember you saying it,” he said, crossing his arms as he leaned against the wall.

“Then that’s your fault, because I did,” I said.

“No, because I told you how I felt and then you said that you knew nothing about me and then it went from there. You never told me you had feelings for me,” he said.

“You obviously know I do then,” I said.

“I don’t know anything.” He was testing me now.

“You’re right, you don’t,” I said, rolling my eyes.

His grin widened. “So why don’t you fill me in, then?” he asked.

“You‘re quite fond of yourself, aren‘t you?” I asked.

“Not as fond as you are of me.” I just rolled my eyes. “What’s so hard about just telling me what you feel?”

“I did!” I said loudly. I groaned. “You’re annoying, did you know that?”

He chuckled. “I don’t see why you’re getting all worked up, I’m just asking a simple question,” he said.

“I give up!” was all I said before I just stood up and walked over to him, grabbing the sides of his face and crashing my lips to his. He seemed ready for it because he instantly kissed me back, leaning up and putting his hand on the back of my neck to bring me closer. I pulled away a couple of seconds later but he didn’t move his hand. “Understand?”

“Not quite, I think you should show me more,” he whispered as he slightly bit his lip, grinning.

I smirked. “And I…” I brushed his lips with mine. “don’t think you’re quite that lucky.” I pulled away and took my seat at the end of the bed again, sitting cross-legged.

He laughed. “You’re really gonna do that to me?” he asked.

My smirk just grew. “Yes, I am. With what you were doing earlier? You deserve it,” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
i seriously appreciate the comments guys, really. <3 i don't know when i'll be able to update next, it'll be a busy weekend for me. -_-
but please leave comments! :)