Status: ON HIATUS.

You'll Never Leave My Heart.

c h a p t e r n i n e t e e n .

“I’m dropping out of school and becoming a prostitute,” Damien said, balling his homework up and throwing it in the trash.

I laughed. “Aren’t you already failing math though?” I asked.

He shrugged, plopping into his seat. “I don’t need math to be a prostitute.”

“You’ll have to count money,” Aarica pointed out.

“I’ll hire a hoe to do that.”

I laughed, shaking my head. Cameron walked in, all smiley and completely different than he was this morning. He took his seat in front of me. “Did somebody get their sand out of their vagina?” Aarica asked him.

“We can only hope you did,” he responded.

“Why are you in a better mood now?” I asked.

“What? A guy can’t be happy?” he defended himself.

“I’m sure it has nothing to do with how I saw you and Maci making out at your locker this morning,” Damien joined in.

“Aw! That’s so cute!” I cooed.

Cameron rolled his eyes. “Thanks, Dame. Now I’m not going to stop hearing about this,” he said.

Damien grinned and slapped his shoulder. “No problem, bro,” he said.

“Are you two going out?” Aarica asked. He nodded.

“Aww!” I cooed.

He rolled his eyes. “You’re acting like my mom,” he said.

“Because it’s cute!” I said. “You two are so adorable together.”

The bell rang. “Saved by the bell,” Aarica said, chuckling.

I glared at her. “Me being happy for him is better than the bet you and Damien will make later about how long they’ll stay together,” I shot.

This caught Cameron’s attention, and he turned to them. “Wait, do you guys really do that?” he asked.

“Mr. Richards, be quiet,” Mr. Helms demanded, before he started taking roll.

Cameron faced forward, but turned his head slightly to the side. “Do they really?” he whispered, to which I just laughed quietly. He shook his head. “Assholes.”

“Mr. Richards, would you like to spend your lunch time with me?” Mr. Helms asked.

“No.”

“Then I suggest you stop speaking.”

Image

I was getting my stuff I needed for photography out of my locker when everything went dark and somebody‘s hands went over my eyes. “Guess who?” I heard them whisper in my ear.

“Barney,” I guessed.

Asher moved his hands from my eyes and I turned around, seeing his grinning. “I see how you’d mix us up, since everybody loves me as much as they love Barney,” he said.

“Actually,” I said. “I can’t stand Barney.”

“Not even as a kid?”

“Nope. I hated him.”

“Wow, your childhood sucked,” he said.

I shrugged. “He scared me. My mom took me to something where you met Barney and got your picture with him when I was like, seven and I passed out from crying so badly,” I explained.

He laughed. “Oh my- are you serious?” he asked. “I never expected you to be somebody scared of a big purple dinosaur,” he said.

I rolled my eyes, grinning slightly. “Yeah, yeah,” I said, shutting my locker. When I turned back around, Asher’s face was close to mine, his hands on either side of my head.

“So, about our date…” he trailed. “I think it should be tonight.”

“Tonight?” I repeated. “But it’s Monday.”

“So?”

“So, aren’t dates usually on the weekend?”

“Not mine.”

“And if I don’t want to go tonight?” I asked him.

He grinned. “Too bad, you’re going.” He kissed me quickly, before pulling away and grabbing my hand, lacing our fingers. “Now, what’s your next class?”

“Photography,” I said, biting my bottom lip slightly.

We walked in silence until he stopped in front of a door, I’m guessing his class. “I’ll see you next period,” he said, smiling at me before kissing me. It was a slow, soft kiss that made my mind almost go completely blank.

Barely doing so, I pulled away about a minute later. “Alright, you’re gonna make me late so-” The bell ringing interrupted me.

Asher smiled cheekily at me. “Oops,” he said, before pecking my lips one last time and going into class.

Luckily, Mrs. Hassleotoff wasn’t really strict and when I walked into class late, she just told me to make sure it didn’t happen again. I told her it wouldn’t before I took my seat next to Damien and across from Aarica. Another guy sat at our table, too- Sam- but we don’t speak to him. He doesn’t seem to mind though, he does enough of speaking to himself- arguing with himself, usually.

“Why were you late?” Aarica whispered.

“Asher.” was all I said, and she automatically smirked, nodding.

Photography being my favorite class, I listened closely as Mrs. H explained what we were doing today. Basically, we were going to go around the school and take pictures of students working or doing stuff and we had half an hour. I grabbed my camera and walked with Damien and Aarica.

“Who goes on dates on a Monday?” Aarica asked after I told her.

I shrugged. “Asher,” I said.

“If I went on a date during the week, the most reasonable one is Wednesday,” Damien said.

Both Aarica and I looked at him. “Why Wednesday…?” she asked.

He shrugged. “Isn‘t it obvious?” he asked. I just laughed. We’d gotten to the art room and I just glanced in when I saw Asher in there. I didn’t know he was in art. It made sense, though. He was on the floor with a couple people, construction paper sprawled in front of him, laughing. I stood at the doorway and focused the camera on him. I took the picture and grinned, before catching up with Damien and Aarica.
♠ ♠ ♠
boring update. BUT HEY. i'm gonna have a contest........ thing.
OKAY. SO.
everybody who comments until my next update, if you want, you can leave a link to one of your stories, and i'll check it out. the top three of my favorite stories, i will recommend to my gorgeous readers. understand? k. <3
ps, please leave a legitimate comment. not just the link. -_- i don't explain well, so if you've got any questions, message me.